LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just Bought: 2013 LS 460 SWB

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-18, 10:37 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts

Beautiful car and awesome price! I think in my market a 2013 with around 60k miles would be around $30-$31k, and each 10k miles seems to knock off $1k from the price. So around $24k is what I'd expect to see this listed for. I think you got a steal.

Do you have to have a license to bid on cars from there? I'm thinking you do but just double-checking.
Old 10-18-18, 10:46 AM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

You have to have a dealer license or know someone who does and will do it for you, to buy cars through the auction. You should be able to hit a 2013 at those miles for less than 28k all day long.
Old 10-18-18, 02:30 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Congratulations! That's a beautiful exterior color, especially with a wet coating of some kind

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Wow, and I thought I had the only 2013 SWB Ultra Luxury. Congrats on the new ride! Mine is Flaxen interior too. A little sad to read such low prices for 2013. I was considering trading mine in for a LWB...only thing holding me back is having to give up so many nice creature comforts as most 2013+ LWB listed are bare bones. Enjoy your new car and what an amazing price!
FatherTo1, I thought the LU package would be more in LWB's too, but lucky for us SWB owners with it There are at least 4 of us on this forum: this one, yours, mine, and MbBarron who got hers red 13 several months ago. I'm sure there are more of us in here and out there. Same as you, I would have an LWB too, but only if it come well (or equally) equipped.

The following users liked this post:
DedBirdDog (10-18-18)
Old 10-18-18, 04:01 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

For me, It always seemed a little insincere buying a luxury car with high mileage. Yeah you are driving around in a nice luxury car but you have over well 100K miles on it. I remember when I was in my 20's guys around me would buy older Benz or BMWs which looked great but had well over 100K-150K miles on it. I was just waiting for stuff to fail so it would just sit parked in their driveway or in the street. Those cars were on borrowed time.
I usually will only buy used cars with under 100K miles and get rid of them before they hit 100K. There was a fully loaded 2013 with 70K miles that was on sale for $25,500 a couple months ago with a clean Car fax. I hope to see more of those deals next year.
Old 10-18-18, 08:16 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

That's a valid point, but the sole reason I bought this car was to use it as a road warrior. I put upwards of 30k plus on my travel car in a year. You do that to a newer car with lower mileage and you'll absolutely get murdered in resale value. Just like the prior owner of this car did. My circumstances and need here are different than most people's. For what it's worth, there is a 2018 Cadillac CT6 Platinum in my garage with less than 11k miles on it. That car is not the daily driver.
Old 10-18-18, 08:31 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
For me, It always seemed a little insincere buying a luxury car with high mileage. Yeah you are driving around in a nice luxury car but you have over well 100K miles on it. I remember when I was in my 20's guys around me would buy older Benz or BMWs which looked great but had well over 100K-150K miles on it. I was just waiting for stuff to fail so it would just sit parked in their driveway or in the street. Those cars were on borrowed time.
I usually will only buy used cars with under 100K miles and get rid of them before they hit 100K. There was a fully loaded 2013 with 70K miles that was on sale for $25,500 a couple months ago with a clean Car fax. I hope to see more of those deals next year.
We bought our 2013 at 70K miles early last year and it is over 97K now. Still runs the same and provides the same quiet ride as when "new" to us. My mechanic's 2003 LS 430 has something like 290K or 300K miles and rides extremely well. No creaks or rattles, although it severely leans in turns. I have faith that the LS, at 100K miles or more, is still more comfortable than many new cars. That said, I would not buy it new. With $30K to spend, I would rather have a used LS than a maxed out Camry or Accord.

Now, our LS 460 is in the shop for a $570 coolant leak. A little annoyed at this turn of events, but I'm not ditching this car...unless a LWB comes along with the same feature set.
Old 10-18-18, 08:35 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtent
Congratulations! That's a beautiful exterior color, especially with a wet coating of some kind

FatherTo1, I thought the LU package would be more in LWB's too, but lucky for us SWB owners with it There are at least 4 of us on this forum: this one, yours, mine, and MbBarron who got hers red 13 several months ago. I'm sure there are more of us in here and out there. Same as you, I would have an LWB too, but only if it come well (or equally) equipped.
Glad to hear Michelle found her car. I was following her search and then missed the finale.
Old 10-18-18, 10:04 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Wow! I hope to get to the level where a flagship lexus is my beater car that I can rack up miles. Usually my beater cars are my favorite ones to own since im not worried about racking up miles. I had a beater 94 Camry for 8 years. I loved that car & it was truly my favorite of all time. Best $600 i have ever spent. Sold her for $1400
Old 10-19-18, 04:30 AM
Benjam1n
Pole Position

Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts

Congrats, seems like a bargain. With that service history you're golden, nice job doing your homework on that, the only thing to watch out for are the air struts, which are very pricey to replace. Now start racking up those enjoyable miles!
Old 10-19-18, 06:50 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Unlike those MB and BMW flagships though, this car has a ton of life left in it at 130k miles. Just have to stay on top of it and it should last well past 250k miles.

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
That's a valid point, but the sole reason I bought this car was to use it as a road warrior. I put upwards of 30k plus on my travel car in a year. You do that to a newer car with lower mileage and you'll absolutely get murdered in resale value. Just like the prior owner of this car did. My circumstances and need here are different than most people's. For what it's worth, there is a 2018 Cadillac CT6 Platinum in my garage with less than 11k miles on it. That car is not the daily driver.
I'll be interested to know your thoughts of your LS vs your CT6. I like the CT6, I seriously considered one. Ultimately what kept me out of it was finishes in the interior that weren't befitting a flagship level car, and the ride was a touch firm for my taste.
DedBirdDog (10-19-18)
Old 10-19-18, 07:24 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Congrats on the new car and I wish you good luck with it!
DedBirdDog (10-19-18)
Old 10-19-18, 11:47 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

You got a lot of nice extremely rare options/features with that SWB, most of the time you need a LWB to get all that stuff. Can you take a picture of the rear powered seat controls to see what you get with the SWB version?
Old 10-19-18, 02:47 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

beautiful car wish you years of happiness
love the color combo and the interior will clean up nice

quick question, i get the car had high mileage, but how do you know the car wasn't hit or panels on the car were sprayed?

even a good car at the dealer cpo can have painted panels and paintwork done.

thats why i am cautious about manheim
your thoughts are appreciated
Old 10-20-18, 08:22 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Glad to hear Michelle found her car. I was following her search and then missed the finale.
Congrats DedBirdDog on your rare find! Keep us updated on your story when you get it. There are only a few of us out there with that special UL package. Mine is just like yours... 2013 SWB AWD UL pkg loaded with the same options. I got mine in May and loving it every day! The couple times my detailer cleaned her up, he told me that he'll buy this vehicle from me whenever I'm ready. Of course, my response is no way, not for sale. She's a rare beauty! I think you did great with that auction price, BTW. I was following auction prices also when I was searching at the beginning of this year and I think 2013 LS's with less features but of course half the mileage (60K) were going for 29K-32K. Mine had 87K on it when I got it in May and I paid 31K (+taxes, fees) at a Lexus dealer.

UDel Here's a shot of the rear seat panel for the UL pkg. And a shot of my beauty to go with it ;-)

Old 10-20-18, 08:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Congrats DedBirdDog on your rare find! Keep us updated on your story when you get it. There are only a few of us out there with that special UL package. Mine is just like yours... 2013 SWB AWD UL pkg loaded with the same options. I got mine in May and loving it every day! The couple times my detailer cleaned her up, he told me that he'll buy this vehicle from me whenever I'm ready. Of course, my response is no way, not for sale. She's a rare beauty! I think you did great with that auction price, BTW. I was following auction prices also when I was searching at the beginning of this year and I think 2013 LS's with less features but of course half the mileage (60K) were going for 29K-32K. Mine had 87K on it when I got it in May and I paid 31K (+taxes, fees) at a Lexus dealer.

UDel Here's a shot of the rear seat panel for the UL pkg. And a shot of my beauty to go with it ;-)

Thank you. I looked all around for a SWB LS with that rear seat option, never saw one, very rare. I have a similar setup and some of those rear seat controls on my GS350 Luxury, no power rear seats though.

Quick Reply: Just Bought: 2013 LS 460 SWB