LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Might be moving on.....Ford Fusion Sport? Dodge Charger SRT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-18, 12:34 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

congrats man

not sure who im going to be able to text fight around here now

Did you get a decent trade in value on the LS?
Old 10-25-18, 02:45 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I rented a base Taurus a couple years ago and I was amazed how much nicer it was compared to your regular full size rental car. I love cars and I wish I could justify owning them all. I certainly appreciate almost every car I get in. The Kia Soul was even fun. Anyway I’m sure the SHO is badass and you will like it more than a worn out LS. You are definitely correct about the dark colors being inferior to white. When I bought my LS used the blue was available and other than the color was spot on what I wanted. White is so much more livable and looks just as good to me. Just to screw with me a white version of my car came available at a local Lexus dealer a few months after my purchase! So stay in touch and write stories about your motor home and adventures with it. Car Chat section I guess.
Old 10-25-18, 08:09 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
congrats man

Did you get a decent trade in value on the LS?
LOL. Dude...you got me so angry sometimes!

I got raped on the trade. Not gonna lie. The issue was the 14k dollar collision claim that showed on the Carfax from the previous owner as well as the deer I hit (4300 dollars). That's what they used for the "negotiation". At the end of the day, it shows up on the paperwork as an 8200 dollar trade-in. What made this easier to swallow, was that the car I bought had a sticker of 57000 dollars Cdn (about 43k US), and was driven on a trip to Palm Springs for 5k kms (3k miles), by the owner of the dealership. This story was supported by the fact that his destinations stored in the GPS were, "Indio CA", "Palm Desert" and a couple of golf courses there. LOL. Anyway, I digress. I got the car for 39k dollars...almost 20k dollars off the sticker, then the 8200 off for trade.

Steve (SW17LS) says he's your man. LOL
Old 10-25-18, 08:16 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

I got raped on the trade. Not gonna lie. The issue was the 14k dollar collision claim that showed on the Carfax from the previous owner as well as the deer I hit (4300 dollars). That's what they used for the "negotiation". At the end of the day, it shows up on the paperwork as an 8200 dollar trade-in. What made this easier to swallow, was that the car I bought had a sticker of 57000 dollars Cdn (about 43k US), and was driven on a trip to Palm Springs for 5k kms (3k miles), by the owner of the dealership. This story was supported by the fact that his destinations stored in the GPS were, "Indio CA", "Palm Desert" and a couple of golf courses there. LOL. Anyway, I digress. I got the car for 39k dollars...almost 20k dollars off the sticker, then the 8200 off for trade.

I must say, When I first got my car, I got so much guidance from ROADFROG. Man, you taught me so much bout my car. Your knowledge and, the way you talk to people on here made me feel like you cared. Thanks Man. Props to you Sir.
The following users liked this post:
roadfrog (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 10:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I'm still here for you brother LOL
Old 10-25-18, 03:23 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hey guys, Chris didn't die, he just went to play for another team. He has a Club Lexus contract that extends to 2025. We hold his rights to informative posts. That means we own his a$$ and he has to contribute here at least somewhat regularly.

Chris, congrats on the new car. It looks fabulous and I wish you good luck with it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nospinzone:
roadfrog (10-25-18), SW17LS (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:43 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

lol man likewise, but all in good fun , the forum gets kinda boring without the excitement

You did well on the ford from the sounds of it, and I think your mileage on the 460 was getting up there a bit so im not surprised they offered you $8200 , they might struggle selling it for more then $10k-$12k with the way the market is now.

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I'm still here for you brother LOL
(kisses bicepts) oh yea??

Just kidding lol, having car troubles now so no time for trolling , got bigger issues

Old 10-25-18, 06:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

(kisses bicepts) oh yea??

Just kidding lol, having car troubles now so no time for trolling , got bigger issues
Haha

I saw! Wish I had some advice for you...thats very bizarre.
Old 10-27-18, 05:52 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Just saw this. Congrats on the retirement. Enjoy the motorhome and all the travels. I would have never guessed an SHO for you. Hope it keeps you entertained in a good way. Don't go away. Keep lurking like me. I've spent my time building a street racing, built motor Hayabusa. Getting ready to buy a 4Runner to beat on as well. Congrats.
roadfrog (10-27-18)
Old 10-29-18, 11:24 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Old 10-30-18, 05:16 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Where are the inside pics? How does the leather inside feel?
Old 10-30-18, 07:21 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sha4000
Where are the inside pics? How does the leather inside feel?
I'll have to get some taken and post them. As for "feel"...pleasantly surprised. It is not up to the level of Lexus, but that's to be expected. However, it does surpass some things . For one, it is TIGHT...no rattles, squeaks, or other annoyances I found in the LS (especially the center console). Switchgear is surprisingly solid and tactile. Leather is not to the same level either, but only a trained eye would notice. I wish the steering wheel was thicker. Seating position is not perfect, but I'll get used to it. Ride is outstanding. Solid and sure footed without being jarring or tiresome. Braking is awesome...very linear and not grabby. The Sync 3 infotainment system is fantastic and quick. Seats are very comfy and heat quickly. Looking forward to the true AC seats next Summer.
Old 10-31-18, 04:44 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Thanks for info. This is where I get a bit spoiled. Sometimes I like other vehicles but when I feel the leather it's usually harder and not as plush as my car and that turns me off. I was pleasantly surprised how soft the leather was in the last gen Maxima when I was shopping for a car for the Mrs.

Last edited by sha4000; 11-08-18 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-08-18, 08:44 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Roadfrog, if you have any questions about traveling with the new rig, hit me up. My wife and I toured the NA continent for five years in our 40' Fleetwood diesel pusher, pulling a '99 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Still have the rig, but the towed car (toad) is a '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L.

The coach gets MPG on par with the toad. That's sad, but I like the Jeep.
roadfrog (11-08-18)
Old 11-17-18, 12:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Congrats man. I honestly never followed the SHOs but surprised to learn is has AWD because I couldn't see you going to FWD car so that's good to know. I know you'll keep it in good shape and glad you are happy!!

Quick Reply: Might be moving on.....Ford Fusion Sport? Dodge Charger SRT?