Remanufactured Transmission costs - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Remanufactured Transmission costs

Old 05-23-18, 11:38 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dcbtol View Post
Sure sounds like I am getting totally screwed over by my friendly neighborhood Lexus dealer. Maybe other Lexus owners will see this thread and be fore warned.
If your Lexus IS having problems with itís transmission AND you are out of warranty then DO NOT take it to your Lexus Dealer for service. Go anywhere else with experience in rebuilding or repairing transmissions. If I can prevent one fellow Lexus owner from getting thoroughly screwed over, as I have, then it will make it worth it.......almost.
Have they started doing the work? Tell them your price is outrageous and forget it after doing some research and argue with them if they give you a bunch of crap about they already ordered it, etc, they can easily just cancel the order. You would be better off selling the LS with the bad trans for a couple thousand and buying another one then paying over 11K just to replace the transmission if you want another 100K miles out of the car, they have come down in price. I would also get a second opinion, it probably can be fixed, it is very odd for the transmission to just fail and need to be replaced, you don't have that many miles on your car.
Old 05-23-18, 12:21 PM
Driver

Let me get this straight...

You approved an $11,500 transmission replacement after reading the advice given here?
Old 05-24-18, 01:59 PM
Nospinzone

You could have the car shipped to Ohio for probably $1000, and then have it replaced there with the advice given by others in this thread. You would be way ahead of the game.

What that dealership is doing is obscene. They know you are out of state and are taking MORE than full advantage. I'd file a complaint with the state's consumer protection agency. It won't do you any good but at least it gets recorded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: