LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-18, 08:03 PM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front suspension

Now sorry but i have to say it me bei g cheap i choose to replace my entire front suspension shocks struts control arms etc etc to resolve a noise issue but i bought all parts from buyautoparts.com ooops bad decision....
now 2 month later the problem is way bigger my cruise control if i hit a small podhole will cancel the speed acceleration., noise everywhere i need help to at least go back to square one please help me😏😏😏
Old 04-10-18, 09:07 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

I think you may have a bad brake switch which would affect the cruise control. Start with that. Part # is 84340-30110. About $35 shipped online. Very easy to replace. Look by the brake lever to see the switch. When the switch button is pushed in the Brake light are off.
Old 04-10-18, 11:50 AM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

Default Suspension

What should i do i need to replace all control arms and struts without spending thousands
Old 04-10-18, 11:57 AM
JLAWS
Racer

That has nothing to do with cruise control. You may need to go to the dealer to do a system scan to determine what you need done.
Old 04-10-18, 01:06 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lsbobbi
What should i do i need to replace all control arms and struts without spending thousands
Rock auto for al your stuff assuming you are not on air suspension
Old 04-10-18, 04:31 PM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

Coil...
what aftermarket brand you guys recomment to go with for control arms,shocks,struts??
Old 04-10-18, 11:23 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

you cant keep going nuts and replacing EVERYTHING when you have an issue.

You have to now pay a good mechanic to diagnose what exactly is wrong, for all you know it could be as simple as some loose bolts or something not installed properly.
Old 04-10-18, 11:34 PM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

I think is just cheap auto parts😏
Old 04-11-18, 08:40 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

You should be able to visually see if any of the new bushings are bad, this is highly unlikely. Check for loose bolts then check your front splash shield and bumper cover. Make sure they’re both tight by bumping them with your palm. A bumper cover with very little movement will make the same noise as a nasty suspension rattle. This was the case on my car. You can drill and fasten the bottom under part of the bumper cover to the bumper or any fixed point with sheet metal screws to tighten it up. I also removed the splash pan since that is just way too noisy. As for the cruise control the brake switch sounds feasible. I don’t see how the cruise would be related to the suspension.
Old 04-11-18, 08:46 AM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks kenny i will check the bushing this week
Old 04-11-18, 09:19 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Nothing wrong with the parts you bought from that site. Thanks for providing it. I may take a look there when I shop for parts. You may have a faulty sensor or switch that need to be replaced. You need a mechanic to do a system scan to find the problem.
Old 04-11-18, 09:27 AM
Lsbobbi
Driver School Candidate

Listen the rntire car rattle after i instqlled this part and if im driving fast and hita bump feel the struts cant support the car weight loud bang
Old 04-11-18, 09:28 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

If you hit a pothole, the ABS may be kicking in and that will cut off the cruise control. Bad/incorrect shocks could make this happen if they don't damp the suspension sufficiently and fool the ABS into thinking it's braking.
Old 04-11-18, 09:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Lsbobbi
Now sorry but i have to say it me bei g cheap i choose to replace my entire front suspension shocks struts control arms etc etc to resolve a noise issue but i bought all parts from buyautoparts.com ooops bad decision....
now 2 month later the problem is way bigger my cruise control if i hit a small podhole will cancel the speed acceleration., noise everywhere i need help to at least go back to square one please help me������
I would contact buyautoparts.com first or maybe next after contacting who installed them and tell them the parts are defective and you either want your money back or for them to send you non defective parts. Who installed the parts? Are you sure they were installed correctly(I think the control arm bolts need to be tightened when the car is on the ground with weight on it), I would take it to who ever installed it and let them listen to the noise, they may have been the cause of the cruise control issue too.

Don't spend extra money you should not have to spend, you bought parts and had them installed and after just 2 months they are making noises and not functioning correctly. That is not your fault nor should you be responsible for correcting it, they are either defective parts or they were not installed correctly and either the place that sold you the parts or the person who installed them need to cover you. This could just be some bolts were not tightened correctly and just need to be tightened correctly.

Dealerships and some shops can put micro phones on the suspension to determine almost exactly where a issue is coming from, if you can't diagnose it take it to a dealership.

Last edited by UDel; 04-11-18 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-11-18, 01:41 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Take it to a dealer, pay the $150 for an inspection, and then you'll know EXACTLY what you need to fix. Nobody on this site is going to be able to do anything for you other than make educated guesses that will cost you money in parts and still may not fix your problem. Odds are you'll spend more if you simply take advice from here and start swapping stuff.

Quick Reply: Front suspension