LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

new exhaust mod from oliver

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-18, 04:35 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I was backing into a space yesterday, got it in and shut it down. Before I opened my door I noticed a really good looking seemingly brand new Accord to my left. There was one empty space to my left and then the Accord. And a curb on my right. I was thinking how nice the new Accord looks as I opened my door. The Accord door opens as I'm standing up and a nice black lady maybe 55 years old or so says, "Nice car, what year is it?" I say 2010. She snaps her head back and says, "No way! I would have guessed it was a 2016. And that's a V8 isn't it?" I say thanks and yes, a V8. She said, "yeah … I could tell when you were backing in. And the color is, wow. Such a nice car, I can't believe it's 8 years old!" I say my thanks and she and I go our separate ways. But another positive feedback from a random passerby. This lady had a good set of ears on her to be able to distinguish that it was a V8.

I've noticed, but maybe it's just me ... I think black ladies pay more attention to and know more about cars than white ladies. But is that just my perception? My wife is an example, she (a white lady) doesn't know her F350's from her Nissan Leafs. Nor does she give a rat's behind about it. She just wants a cute car, and notices if other cars are cute or not (which I find annoying). And the car she said was cute yesterday, isn't cute today … which is weird. I've never known a white lady to ever give a rip about cars. But there's been a few (black) ladies (not all) that I've worked with that seemed up on their game with cars. Anybody else notice the same? Or am I just imagining things (again )?
The following 2 users liked this post by Oliver Enterprises:
02gita (06-27-18), Santa01 (10-04-20)
Old 06-27-18, 05:17 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

I think your imagining things lol.
Old 08-16-18, 01:20 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I've been meaning to add this story since Monday.

I had been having some problem with my home A/C. So Sunday I called an A/C company to send out a service tech on Monday, as it wasn't something I could figure out. When I rolled up to my house Monday morning (after leaving work to come back home to let him in the house), he was parked on the street near my driveway. He was getting out as I was pulling in. I turned into the driveway, gassed it enough to get off the street, then put it in Park, shut it off, and stepped out. He was right there.

He was of Hispanic decent still with a lot of accent. His voice sounded like Cheech. And he was a really friendly guy. He introduced himself, and I liked him right off. After introducing himself, he added with a grin, "my father-in-law has this same car (pointing to the LS), but it no sound like this." He asked me what kind of exhaust was on it. I explained it. And he said he was going to talk to his father-in-law about his LS, and recommend it to him.

He went on to figure out the A/C problem in about 10 seconds... It pays to know something about something.
The following users liked this post:
kingbabu (09-05-18)
Old 08-25-18, 11:22 AM
DSMLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently purchased and installed the exhaust vents from Oliver. I'm impressed with everything from the packaging, quick delivery, quality of the product, and the way they sound. Oliver does a very good job with these for a minimal price. It is not loud, but it is noticeable to people when you drive by. I've receive compliments daily. If you didn't know it, you would think it was an expensive after market exhaust. Love it! Thanks Oliver for you work.
Old 09-05-18, 02:38 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

does this allow water to enter the exhaust system?
Old 09-05-18, 05:06 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Not when installed correctly... Just the opposite. It's a good drain point prior to let out the water produced by the catalysts prior to the water getting into the mufflers.
jdanielca (09-05-18)
Old 10-03-18, 06:47 PM
felixbaldo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jason,

Vents installed and I am very impressed. Your description in writing and videos portray the sound exactly as I expected.

Really enjoying hearing gears 5 to 8 in both up and down change.

Fuel economy has suffered but I think you know why

Mahalo
Old 10-05-18, 12:01 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Awesome! My fuel economy suffers when I put the windows down and listen.
Old 10-18-18, 11:21 PM
Eddie1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased these for my Ls460l from Jason and I must say I am completely satisfied. They don’t cost an arm and a leg and sound awesome. They are exactly as described by Jason and I highly recommend any one try them out on your ls460. Not only that, Jason is a great guy and deserves the support. Coincidentally Jason lives about 30 minutes from me and he allowed me to come to his home and installed the vents for me at no extra cost. He also showed me some features on the car I knew nothing about at no extra cost. He is a great, honest, and trustworthy guy.

Thanks again Jason
Old 10-19-18, 07:46 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

No problem at all. I actually enjoyed having your kids running around. My sons are all around 10 years older than your kids. And I miss those days when my sons were that age and acted the same way. Running around giggling and having fun. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-14-18, 05:41 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Anyone interested in Exhaust Vents, check the 4LS Vendor Market place. I heard there were stocking stuffer deals to be had! Just sayin' … for a friend.
Old 11-14-18, 01:35 PM
Gjohnson
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Dang it Jason! You and your stinking Exhaust mods. I am gonna have to figure out a way to pick these up soon. Not sure how much longer I can hold off. Funny how I will probably blow through $1500 in Christmas gifts for the kids soon, but can't seem to buy myself something for less than $200.
Old 11-16-18, 07:18 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Anyone interested in Exhaust Vents, check the 4LS Vendor Market place. I heard there were stocking stuffer deals to be had! Just sayin' … for a friend.
You have me at 25% off.
Old 11-16-18, 08:29 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

OK, but one must wait until the activation dates.
johnnyg66 (11-16-18)
Old 11-17-18, 12:51 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Just installed another pair of these for dual vent setup. Sounds great..espec especially on acceleration and slowing down as it downshifts

Quick Reply: new exhaust mod from oliver