LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DVD play back

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-17, 04:49 AM
mizakazim
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DVD play back

Hi, first off. I tried to google and search a lot to figure this out but I’ve went through 5 dvd burns to finally get it working in the car but the problem is

dvd videos plays on the rear side but doesn’t play in the front at all even if on park

the disc cannot even be read when inserted in the front

am I missing something here?

my car has all the packages that this car has to offer except the laser cruise but that has nothing to do with this. It has mark levinson so I would assume it plays dvd in the front. I do know it doesn’t play when car moves but it also doesn’t even on park

Last edited by mizakazim; 04-10-21 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-29-17, 08:26 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Does a real DVD work? I don't have a back seat monitor, but when in park, I can play a DVD on the front screen and the sound is amazing!
Old 12-29-17, 10:57 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mizakazim
dvd videos plays on the rear side but doesn’t play in the front at all even if on park
Parking brake must be engaged for DVD's to play on the nav screen without a bypass. Have you tried this?
Old 12-29-17, 12:21 PM
mizakazim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by R Z
Does a real DVD work? I don't have a back seat monitor, but when in park, I can play a DVD on the front screen and the sound is amazing!
Haven’t got the chance to try a original dvd but I will try soon. Sound is amazing yeah. At least I’m listening to my music with burned mp3 haha
Originally Posted by 213374U
Parking brake must be engaged for DVD's to play on the nav screen without a bypass. Have you tried this?
Yes, I’ve already tried that and it doesn’t play. It doesn’t even read the cd to show details
I also know about the bypass and plan to get it but before that I need to figure out why it’s not even playing while car isn’t moving
Old 12-29-17, 02:22 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Question, does anyone know if anyone has installed a USB port to play Mp3's in their audio system. I have a 2008 LS460L with CD & AUX, no USB port.
Old 12-30-17, 06:05 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by elsonido
Question, does anyone know if anyone has installed a USB port to play Mp3's in their audio system. I have a 2008 LS460L with CD & AUX, no USB port.
Please make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread. Plus you will get more responses.
The following users liked this post:
roadfrog (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 09:47 AM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Hi Greg, didn't look to hijack any ones thread, just join and am learning to navigate the site. You could have said something a little more diplomatic like, that thread has already been posted and give some info how to find and read it. Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-18, 12:29 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Greg's always been diplomatic. I think you just took it the wrong way. Get the bypass module. It works as advertised. On long trips, my wife watches music DVD's.

For shats and giggles, try watching the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. Outstanding if you have ML.
The following users liked this post:
greg3852 (01-03-18)
Old 01-02-18, 02:31 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Greg's always been diplomatic. I think you just took it the wrong way. Get the bypass module. It works as advertised. On long trips, my wife watches music DVD's.
For shats and giggles, try watching the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. Outstanding if you have ML.
And I will bet you keep your eyes laser-focused on the road . Admirable self-control

On our Nav screen, my wife likes to watch photo albums uploaded to Google photos. Annoyingly, Google Photos does not yet allow slide shows to play on an iPhone, whereas this feature is supported for Android OS. So, we have to physically thumb thru the albums. This is a fun way to make those long hours on the interstate go faster!
Old 01-07-18, 10:36 PM
mizakazim
Driver School Candidate

So I tried playing an original dvd and this is what it says. Anyone has an idea what’s the problem here
Old 01-07-18, 11:33 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Taken from my 2014 owners manual:
  • Region code: Some DVD video discs have a region code indicating the region in which you can use the DVD video disc. If the DVD video disc is not labeled as “ALL” or “1”, you cannot use it on this DVD player. If you attempt to play an inappropriate DVD video disc on this player, “Region Code Error” appears on the screen. Even if the DVD video disc does not have a region code, you may not be able to use it.
For playing in South Korea, the disc should say ALL or 3. Region 1 is North America. That's assuming the car was originally intended for and sold in S Korea. If it was imported from another region, then the DVD player would be matched to that region, and would not be able to play DVDs for Region 3 (S. Korea).
Old 01-08-18, 05:17 AM
mizakazim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Taken from my 2014 owners manual:
  • Region code: Some DVD video discs have a region code indicating the region in which you can use the DVD video disc. If the DVD video disc is not labeled as “ALL” or “1”, you cannot use it on this DVD player. If you attempt to play an inappropriate DVD video disc on this player, “Region Code Error” appears on the screen. Even if the DVD video disc does not have a region code, you may not be able to use it.
For playing in South Korea, the disc should say ALL or 3. Region 1 is North America. That's assuming the car was originally intended for and sold in S Korea. If it was imported from another region, then the DVD player would be matched to that region, and would not be able to play DVDs for Region 3 (S. Korea).
Thanks for that info. So I found some cd that works on the Navi screen but my issue still lies in not being able to burn a cd properly to play on the Navi. My burned cd works on the rear but doesn’t work on the front so anybody has an idea how to burn a dvd to be able to play on the front screen. I’ve burned 10 so far in different formats and burn style but none works in the front and some works at the rear CD player slot.Now I know my front dvd works but still no idea how to burn a dvd to have it play.
Old 01-08-18, 08:38 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
You learn something every day....I didn't know the system could do this... very interesting..
Old 01-08-18, 11:00 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

That is really the only reason I want ML is to have DVD playback even though it would be very rare for me to use it. I wish non ML LS's were capable of DVD playback, unfortunately very few RWD base wheelbase LS460's in the US are equipped with ML.
Old 01-08-18, 11:06 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mizakazim
Thanks for that info. So I found some cd that works on the Navi screen but my issue still lies in not being able to burn a cd properly to play on the Navi. My burned cd works on the rear but doesn’t work on the front so anybody has an idea how to burn a dvd to be able to play on the front screen. I’ve burned 10 so far in different formats and burn style but none works in the front and some works at the rear CD player slot.Now I know my front dvd works but still no idea how to burn a dvd to have it play.
Sounds like you have to find burning software or the proper format to work in front, you may want to download a couple different programs and try each one. For some reason my GS would not play CD's using the Microsoft XP burner, I had to use different(simple) software to get them to work on my CD player, some CD/DVD players are very finicky about what will play to the point that using certain burning software will turn up errors when the same format chosen for other software will work just fine.