LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Looking for another Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-18, 12:14 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Principal. It's just a matter of doing people right.
Old 02-15-18, 02:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Principal. It's just a matter of doing people right.
I don’t know that they haven’t done you right though. It is a 10 year old car, it’s not going to be perfect. Having that sill repainted might cost you $200, if even that much. If you can’t see it except from underneath, I would just leave it.
Old 02-15-18, 02:42 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

They are going to repair and paint tomorrow. Principal. It's all good.
Old 02-15-18, 03:26 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

This is good.

Unless my eyes are lying to me, I do see damage past the rocker panel trim piece (toward the undercarriage) at least on one side. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty particular and in your shoes would want to have more clarity, especially given the apparent tranny leak and the new-looking cradle. Hard to tell from where I'm sitting if there's a connection, as I can't look at the underside of the car closely, but I wouldn't just dismiss this like a slightly scratched bumper that is easily stripped and repainted. Just my 2 cents...
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (02-15-18)
Old 02-15-18, 03:31 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
This is good.

Unless my eyes are lying to me, I do see damage past the rocker panel trim piece (toward the undercarriage) at least on one side. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty particular and in your shoes would want to have more clarity, especially given the apparent tranny leak and the new-looking cradle. Hard to tell from where I'm sitting if there's a connection, as I can't look at the underside of the car closely, but I wouldn't just dismiss this like a slightly scratched bumper that is easily stripped and repainted. Just my 2 cents...
The Lexus dealership will get the car as soon as I leave the lot and do a PPI and they will determine if anything needs to be repaired and whatever they find will be free to fix for the first 30 days. So, it's a Win Win I think. It's the car I want and it's gonna be looked at by a Lexus Dealership. Of Course they will find more stuff that don't really need to be done, but, it's another set of eyes on it. One mile apart from each other,(The Dealerships).

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 02-15-18 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-15-18, 03:47 PM
caha14
Racer

That's a good plan. It will hopefully all be square - but definitely worthwhile to be cautious.
fwhomeboy (02-15-18)
Old 02-15-18, 06:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

They are going to repair and paint tomorrow. Principal. It's all good.
I had no doubt that they would
Old 02-15-18, 06:58 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

The Lexus dealership will get the car as soon as I leave the lot and do a PPI and they will determine if anything needs to be repaired and whatever they find will be free to fix for the first 30 days. So, it's a Win Win I think. It's the car I want and it's gonna be looked at by a Lexus Dealership. Of Course they will find more stuff that don't really need to be done, but, it's another set of eyes on it. One mile apart from each other,(The Dealerships).
good plan. Always remember, you paid retail price for this car, you need to get it free of problems. The minute you own it, you also own the problems. Don’t be emotionally attached, it is just a car.
Old 02-17-18, 05:41 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by hfahmy

good plan. Always remember, you paid retail price for this car, you need to get it free of problems. The minute you own it, you also own the problems. Don’t be emotionally attached, it is just a car.
I got the PPI done today and it went well. I'm happy with the Car itself. Shad04 did a great job checking it out for me. The damage to the side of the car was done during transit. I'm not happy with CARMAX at all. I wanted that car and Carmax was the one who had it so thats what I decided to get. It's all gonna work out. They won't get any props from me. They are a bunch of rookies. Anyway, I got the car I wanted. They did a ****ty job on the repair so I gotta take it back and have done over. Clearcoat Runs
Old 02-17-18, 05:44 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I got the PPI done today and it went well. I'm happy with the Car itself. Shad04 did a great job checking it out for me. The damage to the side of the car was done during transit. I'm not happy with CARMAX at all. I wanted that car and Carmax was the one who had it so thats what I decided to get. It's all gonna work out. They won't get any props from me. They are a bunch of rookies. Anyway, I got the car I wanted. They did a ****ty job on the repair so I gotta take it back and have done over. Clearcoat Runs
Sad that they didn't sand out all the damaged areas first. Poor workmanship. And, the Manager didn't care that it was a poor job. Oh well.
sha4000 (02-18-18)
Old 02-17-18, 06:05 PM
caha14
Racer

What I'm about to say is not constructive, but whoever did this to the car in transit is a f-----g animal who shouldn't be near other people's cars. This is good to know, though, in the sense that the damage is arguably contained (relative to the rest of the underside, that is), and of course, I am glad to hear the PPI went well.

As for the paint job, it's disturbing to see how some folks can put out this kind of "work" and not be embarrassed, but hey, it takes every kind of people (as the song goes). I trust they'll make it right. I had a similar situation with my 460, where the "bumper guy" attempted a repair on that same trim piece, and I could not believe the crap job he did. Had it redone at a body shop, and it came out like new. That's what this photo reminds me of.
The following 2 users liked this post by caha14:
fwhomeboy (02-17-18), sha4000 (02-18-18)
Old 02-18-18, 10:00 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

That paint.

I have no words.

Also, the underbody damage, to me, looks like it was done loading it on to the carrier. It's mighty fresh-looking.
Old 02-18-18, 10:26 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by SW15LS

I had no doubt that they would
Well, They did paint (Over) it. And Cleared it too.
Old 02-18-18, 11:27 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I could have and have actually done a much better paint job with a spray can of paint and spray clear.

That is just flat out embarrassing Carmax(I don't even consider their overpriced cars) would release the car to you like that and think that was okay. I would not be surprised if they did the repair with some cheap filler, lacquer or enamel paint from a spray can and crappy 1 part clear. I would ask about details of what kind of paint they used as the repair my not last if they skimped on paint.
Old 02-18-18, 01:58 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I'm not going to bother. I'll have it fixed right elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Looking for another Car