LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Need help with 2013 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-17, 12:36 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need help with 2013 Lexus

I am in Toronto Canada and currently in search of a 2013 LS.

This forum is so great that I get plenty useful information on the car.

Recently, I saw this 2013 LS swb version with all options in a used car dealership. The car proof shows this car was certified by Toyota in feb 2017. Few days after the car had a police record showing damage to left front. But no insureance claim or repair record. Pls see the picture for detail.

The dealer knows nothing about the CPO or the damage.

I check the the car myself, I am unable to see any damage or fix to the left front. But I am not an expert on this.

Is anyone familiar with the cpo? Is this car still have warranty from Lexus? or where I can get a confirmation on that?

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by lizhekb; 11-30-17 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 12:44 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

If there is no second owner listed or registered, it would appear that the car was damaged when it was still registered to the dealer who listed it as a CPO vehicle. Maybe it got damaged on a test drive. That dealer fixed the car and sold it at an auction or other way to the current dealer. You should ask the current dealer when they bought the car. If the car is still with the same dealership that listed it as a CPO vehicle in 2/2017 but not 10 months later, then they must feel strongly that the accident damage would not allow the car to pass CPO certification again.
Old 11-30-17, 12:56 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Originally Posted by comotiger
If there is no second owner listed or registered, it would appear that the car was damaged when it was still registered to the dealer who listed it as a CPO vehicle. Maybe it got damaged on a test drive. That dealer fixed the car and sold it at an auction or other way to the current dealer. You should ask the current dealer when they bought the car. If the car is still with the same dealership that listed it as a CPO vehicle in 2/2017 but not 10 months later, then they must feel strongly that the accident damage would not allow the car to pass CPO certification again.
Thanks for the input.

Thats the problem the sales guy knows nothing about the car. He gave vague answers.

I was there today and the car does not have any battery in it. They had to jump start the car.

I drove for a while the car definitely needs alignment. When I use the button to move the drivers seat to the back. The car starts beeping. I wonder if this is some feature or malfunction.

Last edited by lizhekb; 11-30-17 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-30-17, 01:08 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lizhekb
Thanks for the input.
Thats the problem the sales guy knows nothing about the car. He gave vague answers.
I was there today and the car does not have any battery in it. They had to jump start the car.
I drove for a while the car definitely needs alignment. When I use the button to move the drivers seat to the back. The car starts beeping. I wonder if this is some feature or malfunction.
Run away from this car. If the dealer cannot provide you the complete sale history of the car, that's pretty shady. I am guessing you are tempted by a good sale price, but I wouldn't bother with this car. With all the issues you have mentioned, this car is not worth the trouble. There are more cars like it out there but better value. Be patient.
Old 11-30-17, 01:43 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Run away from this car. If the dealer cannot provide you the complete sale history of the car, that's pretty shady. I am guessing you are tempted by a good sale price, but I wouldn't bother with this car. With all the issues you have mentioned, this car is not worth the trouble. There are more cars like it out there but better value. Be patient.
Actually, the price is above the average. But not many choices in Toronto. Only 4 2013s are available nationally. This one has the option I like and cosmetically kept better than the others.

Yes I will keep looking. : )
Old 11-30-17, 02:51 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Actually, the price is above the average. But not many choices in Toronto. Only 4 2013s are available nationally. This one has the option I like and cosmetically kept better than the others.
Wow, definitely not worth considering this car. Very few LSs are sold in Canada, so no wonder the used market is tiny too. Is it too much of a hassle to buy an LS in a large market like NY/MA/PA and import into Canada?
Old 11-30-17, 03:23 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Wow, definitely not worth considering this car. Very few LSs are sold in Canada, so no wonder the used market is tiny too. Is it too much of a hassle to buy an LS in a large market like NY/MA/PA and import into Canada?
I think waiting is probabaly best for me now or getting some more to put for a 2014.

I am imagining driving LS with family to US for a great trip. ; )
Old 11-30-17, 03:50 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

I think waiting is probabaly best for me now or getting some more to put for a 2014.
I am imagining driving LS with family to US for a great trip. ; )
Well, the question still remains whether you can find enough 2014s on sale in Canada for you to be very selective. Good luck with the search.

The LS is awesome for long road trips. The longest road trip was about a year and a half ago when I drove to back from New Jersey to Missouri after buying my LS. We take frequent 5 hour road trips, and the car is an absolute blast. Come to think of it, it is time to pay my brother and his family in Brampton a visit in my LS
Old 11-30-17, 06:03 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Huge red flag!
Old 11-30-17, 06:40 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Well, the question still remains whether you can find enough 2014s on sale in Canada for you to be very selective. Good luck with the search.

The LS is awesome for long road trips. The longest road trip was about a year and a half ago when I drove to back from New Jersey to Missouri after buying my LS. We take frequent 5 hour road trips, and the car is an absolute blast. Come to think of it, it is time to pay my brother and his family in Brampton a visit in my LS
There is a 2015 sitting at a lexus dealership with cpo only 24k km with all the options. The price is below 60k cad. The questions to me is affordability ; ).

Does your brother live in Brampton Ontario? That's where I went to see the LS today.
Old 11-30-17, 07:13 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Yes, Brampton ON. He used to live in Toronto. Stay away from that car. It's bad news...
Old 12-02-17, 12:39 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Yes, Brampton ON. He used to live in Toronto. Stay away from that car. It's bad news...
Welcome to the north part. ; )
Old 12-03-17, 08:34 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Use Autotrader.ca I see 7 for sale including one in Richmond Hill
Old 12-03-17, 07:10 PM
lizhekb
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Use Autotrader.ca I see 7 for sale including one in Richmond Hill
Thanks, do you mean the f sport black one?

i have seen it last week, the interior was not well maintained. Small Holes on the driver side arm rest and the center console has too many scratches.

And when I hit the height high button, I did not notice any change in height. Is that normal?
Old 12-03-17, 11:08 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Thanks, do you mean the f sport black one?

i have seen it last week, the interior was not well maintained. Small Holes on the driver side arm rest and the center console has too many scratches.

And when I hit the height high button, I did not notice any change in height. Is that normal?
Yes...an F Sport. One just popped up in Oakville as well: http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls...pl&urp=1&urm=1

Quick Reply: Need help with 2013 Lexus