LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New to me 2007 LS460L "Sport"(?) issues,..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17, 03:40 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilDWebb
I found 2 rear air struts on ebay for 200.00 each plus shipping on a car with 34,000 miles, I was told.
Seller said it was from a Texas flooded car with water just into the floor board area and that the struts were good,.. will let you know what happens.
Phil
Thanks for the update, Phil. Your 2007 LWB car is fully loaded with air suspension (the Sport/Comfort rocker switch) and rear seat comfort package with powered rear seats. That sport logo on the side is a random sticker.
I hope the rear struts from the flooded Texas car work out well for you. At this point, looks like you don't have much choice than to take a chance with those salvaged parts, and hope for the best. Good luck!
Old 11-28-17, 11:26 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

I found 2 rear air struts on ebay for 200.00 each plus shipping on a car with 34,000 miles, I was told.
Seller said it was from a Texas flooded car with water just into the floor board area and that the struts were good,.. will let you know what happens.
Phil
That's a steal.

I'll fight you for 'em, if they're in Houston. I can be there in four hours. :-P
Old 11-28-17, 12:08 PM
PhilDWebb
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mckellyb
That's a steal.

I'll fight you for 'em, if they're in Houston. I can be there in four hours. :-P
The guys in CA and said he had a few cars shipped in from Texas. Assuming he bought them from some insurance settlement deal.
Old 11-28-17, 12:16 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Grrrr.

I'm still closer, though I don't have time to shoot to Cali. That's a 24 hour trip from here, one way.
Old 11-28-17, 03:25 PM
PhilDWebb
Driver

Grrrr.

I'm still closer, though I don't have time to shoot to Cali. That's a 24 hour trip from here, one way.
He’s shipping them for 34.00 each.
The following users liked this post:
mckellyb (11-28-17)
Old 11-30-17, 07:47 AM
PhilDWebb
Driver

While I'm waiting on the used struts to arrive I thought about removing the actuator from the rear left corner and having someone ride in the back and watch the shaft in the actuator to see
if it rotates back and forth depending on the driving to make sure that its responding from the computer.
Old 11-30-17, 07:49 AM
PhilDWebb
Driver

Trying to upload a instructional PDF that shows how to remove and replace a air strut in a 07 ls460l
Attached Files
Old 11-30-17, 10:40 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

While I'm waiting on the used struts to arrive I thought about removing the actuator from the rear left corner and having someone ride in the back and watch the shaft in the actuator to see
if it rotates back and forth depending on the driving to make sure that its responding from the computer.
How long until your other item arrives?
Old 12-01-17, 05:14 AM
PhilDWebb
Driver

How long until your other item arrives?
I believe it’s scheduled on Dec 5th.
Also I’m thinking of testing the current struts by removing the actuator and then manually rotating the strut shaft to the softest position and also then the hardest position to see if there is a change in the “bounce” from one to the other.
Also again thinking of putting someone in the back seat and have them touch the actuator shaft to see if it responds to driving and makes adjustments.
Can’t wait to get my techstream unit in to play with it. Hope there is a tutorial somwhere.
Can I Program a new key with the techstream?
Old 12-01-17, 02:28 PM
PhilDWebb
Driver

I bought a sonar sensor to replace the one that the system shows to be messed up. The dealer did some diagnostics for me and narrowed it down to the smaller diameter sensor on the front drivers side of the bumper.
I'm seeing now that the estimate shows: "Needs LH No. 2 Ultrasonic Sensor"
Does anyone know where that No. 2 position actually is? Also is there some type of resetting the system when it gets replaced to make it work as I've installed it in one of the 2 places it could fit in the front right number cover but
it didn't remove the error of the faulty sensor.
Thanks for any direction,..
Old 12-04-17, 05:37 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

New key...unless it's brand new, I don't think so. I have a pair of SmartCards/SmartKeys which I've been itching to reprogram to my car, but haven't yet gone down that path. Maybe tomorrow, as it's supposed to be cooler ambient temps. Today, though...83F.

/facepalm

Just because the estimate shows it doesn't mean that is it. Let's see what you can manipulate/see with the Fakestream sometime, Wednesday. My weekend is Tu-Th, so I'll be home both Wednesday & Thursday for help.
Old 12-04-17, 08:13 AM
PhilDWebb
Driver

New key...unless it's brand new, I don't think so. I have a pair of SmartCards/SmartKeys which I've been itching to reprogram to my car, but haven't yet gone down that path. Maybe tomorrow, as it's supposed to be cooler ambient temps. Today, though...83F.

/facepalm

Just because the estimate shows it doesn't mean that is it. Let's see what you can manipulate/see with the Fakestream sometime, Wednesday. My weekend is Tu-Th, so I'll be home both Wednesday & Thursday for help.
Thanks Kelly,..
Been tracking my ebay purchase and its out for delivery today.
Mainly want to play with the actuators etc to see if I can get them to respond some way.
I've watched a few youtube videos showing the use of Techstream and how it works with the vehicle so maybe I can tinker with it some.
Phil
Old 12-04-17, 05:32 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Let me know what you see happening...or not.
Old 12-04-17, 06:10 PM
PhilDWebb
Driver

Let me know what you see happening...or not.
This is from the cd that came with the cable in that link from eBay.

I followed the instructions on the pdf on the disc and when I enter the key into the window the instructions are not clear what to do. Should I click Register the software?
When I’ve clicked register it takes me to a Toyota site and it’s asking me to enter all kinds of info.
So it’s installed but I have not got past the restriction window that ask me to register.
Old 12-05-17, 08:44 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

This is from the cd that came with the cable in that link from eBay.

I followed the instructions on the pdf on the disc and when I enter the key into the window the instructions are not clear what to do. Should I click Register the software?
When I’ve clicked register it takes me to a Toyota site and it’s asking me to enter all kinds of info.
So it’s installed but I have not got past the restriction window that ask me to register.
Is it asking you for dealer code, company name and stuff like that? If so, then you just have to fill out the fields with whatever you like.

​​​​​​

Quick Reply: New to me 2007 LS460L "Sport"(?) issues,..