LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm really sorry for posting this..................

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 09:31 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

The LS can actually handle 24's without looking too ridiculous, but that's the cut off point for me.
Attached Thumbnails I'm really sorry for posting this..................-lex24.png   I'm really sorry for posting this..................-lexus244.jpg  
Old 11-07-17, 09:57 PM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I'm going to add, I lived in Montgomery Alabama for about 7 years. "High Rollin" was very popular there and it sort of grew on me. But only with older mostly wothless domestic cars and trucks. And only up to about 22's. I saw a real old Suburban one time that had a fairly low cost paint job, big old chrome rims, and the inside has been refreshed and was CLEAN. I really liked what that guy did. If it weren't for his efforts, that old 80's suburban would have been worth maybe $500. With his efforts, maybe it wasn't worth more than $3,000 or so. I bet he put more than that into it. But what I liked was that he put a lot of pride in that old truck. And it looked good just based on his efforts alone. Oh and I remember he had the engine all cleaned and dressed up nice too. And it ran good. Instances of that kind of stuff got me liking that High Rollin.

But then, a brand new $60k BMW X5 would roll by with some butt ugly 24's and make me want to puke. $60k car, that just depreciated by $12k from the purchase and then depreciated another $10k with the addition of $4k leased ugly wheels. You tell me ... who looks like the smarter guy? The X5 owner? Or the old Suburban owner?

Jason Oliver
And you take the same guy and truck and leave normal wheels on it, then it will look better and be worth more.
Old 11-08-17, 05:27 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Let me get this straight.... some guy slams a car to the ground, with wheels too wide for the car, tires stretched,cambered to hell, wood tables over airbags, pillows,rhynstones,widebodied- vented body kits on a slow @ss car...is acceptable but what this guy did was "wrong" ?
Its a genre of modding...worth no more or less than hot rodding,VIP,Drift,track,resto-mods,etc,etc.

FYI: Doing a high-rider/Donk properly requires more money, time and effort than a set of dampers or after market air-suspension. these cars make as much sense as a VIP build, GT build or the guy that swaps out the 4k OEM suspension for a set of $1000 dampers and tells the world their car is "tastefully modded".

People have their opinions but they can be ignorant at the same time and the whole stereotyping thing?.....some of you really need to check yourself.

I dunno, Maybe its because im an auto enthusiast and actual CAR BUILDER (that knows the time,money&effort it takes to build cars in different genres of modding) is why I dont understand the attitudes shown here?

Hard Work is Hard Work
The following users liked this post:
Black_SC (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 05:31 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Let me get this straight.... some guy slams a car to the ground, with wheels too wide for the car, tires stretched,cambered to hell, wood tables over airbags, pillows,rhynstones,widebodied- vented body kits on a slow @ss car...is acceptable but what this guy did was "wrong" ?
Its a genre of modding...worth no more or less than hot rodding,VIP,Drift,track,resto-mods,etc,etc.

FYI: Doing a high-rider/Donk properly requires more money, time and effort than a set of dampers or after market air-suspension. these cars make as much sense as a VIP build, GT build or the guy that swaps out the 4k OEM suspension for a set of $1000 dampers and tells the world their car is "tastefully modded".

People have their opinions but they can be ignorant at the same time and the whole stereotyping thing?.....some of you really need to check yourself.

I dunno, Maybe its because im an auto enthusiast and actual CAR BUILDER (that knows the time,money&effort it takes to build cars in different genres of modding) is why I dont understand the attitudes shown here?

Hard Work is Hard Work

Welcome to the age of if it's not modded the way someone likes it then it's garbage. I've seen these type of modded cars and always said that's their style just like my style is my style. The fact that OP said sorry for posting topic says it all.........
The following users liked this post:
DriftGirl (11-08-17)
Old 11-08-17, 07:42 AM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hard Work is Hard Work
I think you will find the response would be common the world over. Reason you dont see many.
And I also dont like the lowered bent in wheel look. Looks like a broke car someone dropped from a crane.
But this is over the top. And actually is offensive to take a well engineered car and do this to it. Most of the reasons you buy this car is now completely ruined. Want to bet how much lower the resale value is now? Which is based and supply and demand.
Someone could take a LS and spend a lot of time and money installing a 4 cly engine. And would be the same response.
Does not make any difference to me what group of people did this. I would still think it was ridiculous.
Most mods do something to improve a car. Performance, handling or looks. So you are unfair in comparing this car to most other cars with mods. And it is clear it ruined the performance and handling. Then still over 99% of people would agree this did not improve looks.

Some people just dont make good decisions.
Old 11-08-17, 07:59 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

It could have been worse.
Attached Thumbnails I'm really sorry for posting this..................-maxresdefault.jpg  
Old 11-08-17, 09:00 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Hahahahahehehehe!!! Insane and each to their own.
Old 11-08-17, 10:55 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm all for people doing whatever they like to their cars, but for the most part, I'm just not into it and would rather watch my money grow in an investment account.

When I was younger, I ordered a '94 T-Bird SC with the base stereo and had an upgraded one put in the week I got the car. That was worth it, as I put 138,000 miles on the car.
I spent $1500 on a sound system for my S2000, and that was a total waste of money. To make it even worse, I sold the car to a deaf guy.
Old 11-08-17, 11:29 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Hard Work is Hard Work
Yea but it doesn't look good , that's the reality of it.

Ive seen a few that have been tastefully done, maybe with 24's but they are into 30's + now its gone way overboard.

Also the VIP thing has been beat to death with the same exact theme in everyones cars that no one likes it anymore either, VIP has turned into what people used to call "rice" , sort of corny and tacky.

But a nice lowered car with aggressively fitting wheels will always look good no matter what people want to call it
Old 11-08-17, 12:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Em, I totally agree on the stereotype / borderline racist commentary and have pruned a couple of posts with that content. Members, there is no place for that stuff on our community.

but let's not get too judgmental on people simply posting their opinions and calling them ignorant....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8170367
Ive got a friend with a 7 series on 24's...I think it looks like a clown car....
the cutlass looks like a horse should be pulling it down the road
​​​​​​​
Old 11-08-17, 12:12 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If youre going to quote me...QUOTE ME. Dont leave out portions to fit your narrative

" Ive got a friend with a 7 series on 24's...I think it looks like a clown car but he hates my hella cambered SC400 "

Meaning, to each their own...but respect the work. Especially since Im the one who did the bodywork, ordered his wheels and suspension setup
Old 11-08-17, 12:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

You still called it a clown car (regardless of how you want to qualify it) and then slammed the Cutlass unqualified.

My point was you need to give folks a bit of a break on posting their opinions and you calling them ignorant, you did exactly the same thing in another post.... Let's take it to PM if you want to discuss further.
Old 11-08-17, 04:00 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Maybe it's time to lock this thread. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't posted it.............................

The following 2 users liked this post by sktn77a:
305Busa (11-09-17), DavidinCT (11-13-17)