ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   New Brakes installed on F Sport (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/869953-new-brakes-installed-on-f-sport.html)

sdudra 10-09-17 08:12 AM

New Brakes installed on F Sport

2 Attachment(s)
This past weekend I installed the R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted rotors and Power Stop Ceramic brakes all around. Overall the brake job took me 3 hours and although the brakes still have that "touchy" feeling, the feeling is MUCH better than the brembo pads or whatever was on here previously. I am not road racing the car so these will work out great and the ONLY reason I got drilled and slotted is because it looks cooler! lol

DarKnight 10-09-17 08:44 AM

They look good. I always go with drilled/slotted for the same reason lol. How’s the brake dust with those?

sdudra 10-09-17 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by DarKnight (Post 10002103)
They look good. I always go with drilled/slotted for the same reason lol. How €™s the brake dust with those?

I have only driven maybe 200-250 miles and as of now, little to no dust. So THAT is a win!!

teedub21 10-09-17 09:01 AM

How about noise? I've had it with mine squealing at every stop.

sdudra 10-09-17 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by teedub21 (Post 10002116)
How about noise? I've had it with mine squealing at every stop.

As of today, no brake noise. That was really driving the wife crazy as she likes to roll the windows down....

VIPanda460 10-09-17 09:16 AM

Great choice on rotors and pads. Looks good.

sdudra 10-09-17 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by VIPanda460 (Post 10002129)
Great choice on rotors and pads. Looks good.

Now it is time for some new wheels so that I can see them better. :-)

VIPanda460 10-09-17 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by sdudra (Post 10002133)
Now it is time for some new wheels so that I can see them better. :-)

Yeah something like a 5 spoke wheel would show off the new brakes nicely.

bigsherv 10-09-17 11:34 AM

What vendor did you buy from and what was your final price if you don't mind me asking.

Love me some drilled rotors.

R1Concepts 10-09-17 01:21 PM

Glad to hear the rotors are performing well on the LS!

sdudra 10-10-17 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by bigsherv (Post 10002255)
What vendor did you buy from and what was your final price if you don't mind me asking.

Love me some drilled rotors.

I bought them directly from Kevin at R1 Concepts. FT/RR Carbon Alloy OE Replacement Geomet Rotors Total: $420 Shipped. These are for the F Sport model. I am sure the regular LS would be less expensive.

thbrewst 10-10-17 10:45 AM

I am getting ready to do my pads on a 2015 FSport (gonna try and run with the rotors a bit longer). I have changed pads on numerous cars in the past so I am fairly comfortable, just a general question about what I am getting in to. Do you have to pull the caliper to get to the pads or can your expose them from the 'top'? If you have to pull the calipers what size are the bolts? Any tricks for pushing the pistons back? Do you actually need to replace the sensors or can you usually reuse them? Any other gotchas? FYIs? Tips? Anything else to make the install smooth and the new pads successful (and quiet)?

Thanks for the guidance....

R1Concepts 10-10-17 12:06 PM

To clarify, the rotors were $420 for all 4 rotors in the blanks and $490 in any drilling pattern for his F Sport model.

sdudra 10-10-17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by R1Concepts (Post 10003114)
To clarify, the rotors were $420 for all 4 rotors in the blanks and $490 in any drilling pattern for his F Sport model.

Thanks Kevin for the Clarification. :-)

sdudra 10-10-17 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by thbrewst (Post 10003016)
I am getting ready to do my pads on a 2015 FSport (gonna try and run with the rotors a bit longer). I have changed pads on numerous cars in the past so I am fairly comfortable, just a general question about what I am getting in to. Do you have to pull the caliper to get to the pads or can your expose them from the 'top'? If you have to pull the calipers what size are the bolts? Any tricks for pushing the pistons back? Do you actually need to replace the sensors or can you usually reuse them? Any other gotchas? FYIs? Tips? Anything else to make the install smooth and the new pads successful (and quiet)?

Thanks for the guidance....

Once I took my time and did the first one, the second was MUCH easier. there are 2 bolts to remove to remove 2 pins and then remove the other 2 pins and the pads pull straight out. Much easier than I expected. Regarding pushing the pistons back in, well you would have to remove the caliper to do that. (or at least I did because I was replacing the rotors at the same time). I used my standard tools of a big C Clamp and one of the brake pads and boom they went in. But to tell you how easy it was, I was able to push one of the pistons in with my hands. I found this interesting. Regarding the sensors, if they come off in 1 piece, no need to replace. If they break like mine did, you have to replace. I had to replace 2 out of the 4 on the car.

Hope this helps!!