Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

air struts replaced car will not lower or raise now 08 Lexus ls600hl and ideas on whi

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 12:31 PM
craig1020
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not certain how that is going to work just yet but they do have a 1 year warranty. They are asking for photos and you cant really take photos of the inside of a strut and I have to send in to get any refund. New ones are around 2k used around $500 each lot of options but it is slowing me down in getting this done. Shipping those back will cost over $100 a little more but they themselves seem very confident that the fault is not in their struts. They may make it difficult to do anything with them probably but they have been nice to me through it all so far Ill just have to let you know. What would you do in a case such as this?
Old 10-16-17, 01:12 PM
Gillz460L
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by craig1020
Not certain how that is going to work just yet but they do have a 1 year warranty. They are asking for photos and you cant really take photos of the inside of a strut and I have to send in to get any refund. New ones are around 2k used around $500 each lot of options but it is slowing me down in getting this done. Shipping those back will cost over $100 a little more but they themselves seem very confident that the fault is not in their struts. They may make it difficult to do anything with them probably but they have been nice to me through it all so far Ill just have to let you know. What would you do in a case such as this?
Hey Craig hope you get this resolved soon. Seems kind of bizarre that both struts have issues . The one that's not holding air ...is the car low on that side ? The only electrical on these struts is the actuator on top but that controls ride dampening not the height . Anyways I have a perfectly good working oem front air strut with 95k miles from my 07 460L. Pm me if you need anything . Goodluck
Old 11-05-17, 07:13 AM
craig1020
Driver School Candidate

Air struts are going to be shipped from same group under warranty. Lexus of Greenville will install and we will see how they go. Ill let you know in a few weeks if the 2nd set comes in right or not. I guess anything is possible but is it conceivable that install done improperly could cause struts to fail like the air bag on one side will not hold air and the other side is stuck will not rise or fall, Also as it was moving from one place to another it did fall to bottom height. Would it damage anything driving on these struts without air in them and being unhooked from air which they are now? Anyone with any knowledge on this please post your comment on this. Thank you.
Old 12-09-17, 02:53 PM
craig1020
Driver School Candidate

Ok we know where our problem was now. Been a long time since Ive been here so Ill give everyone an update on my 08 Lexus 600HL. After 2 tries and 2 efforts the struts we got from Techmaster will not be compatible for these cars. It has been found that the air bags in them are thinner and a couple of these would never hold air at all. So we wound up having to reinstall my original struts and now the car drives well remember I mentioned the bouncy ride this was all due to these struts made in China. The car was at Lexus of Greenville and we had a time with this in trying to figure it out. My struts squeak a little but the car is stable. I can replace them at around $940 each so Ill probably keep driving like it is. On the highway at higher speeds you would never know there was any problem. Still cant get the car to raise and lower. I can hear the actuator on and running when I hit the switch. They replaced a wire on this and it is supposed to be repaired Ill check back with them on this. Wound up paying them $1544 to get car back their parts are priced in the matrix system which is retail and they add 20% to retail on all of their parts. That ran it up not to mention the $135 per hour labor rate. They figured out the strut problem but not the raise and lower problem or the ABS problem. My instrument panel is lit up like a Christmas tree but car runs and drives very well all in all brakes work well a little noise at low speed when I apply brakes but not major. I paid them to repair this but neither are repaired as of yet. He said I can bring it back next week for review possibly to see what they can do for it. They have a new gung ho service manager formerly with BMW in Minnesota and he was brought in to straighten the place out over in Greenville SC. Lot of problems this dealership has no question of that. Some problems with my car but I am going to keep on driving until it will not drive anymore I guess. Nothing like riding on an air ride like this believe me! Ill update again soon on this.
Old 07-08-21, 07:20 PM
tauseef
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car gets out of control when hits the rough road or bump ,

I have 2010 AWD, with 155,000 miles I got it from original owner, he inspected from Lexus dealership that car is not stable if it hits any rough patch on road or any potholes even , Lexus technician suggested Front driver side strut is not fine and needs to be replaced, car can be lowered or high by using the hight button.any suggestions. Thanks
Old 07-09-21, 12:50 PM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

At 155,000 miles, multiple suspension components could be ailing. Suggest having an independent shop inspect.

Car should not "get out of control" due to one bad air strut.
The following users liked this post:
tauseef (07-09-21)
Old 07-13-21, 07:18 AM
Shakka65
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Tauseef, Sounds like exact same problem I had. Every time I went over a small rut it felt like like I'd gone into a crater. Makes a hell of a noise. It was the NSF strut in my case. Good Luck
Old 07-13-21, 12:47 PM
tauseef
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am going to try strutmasters coilovers

Thanks for your reply, I am going to order and try strut masters coil overs because of the complications of air suspension,even after installing new air air struts people still face problems, so I will try coil overs and will update you guys on performance of the car . Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Shakka65 (07-16-21)