ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   18 years of Lexus, no more (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/866328-18-years-of-lexus-no-more.html)

bruceko 08-26-17 09:41 PM

18 years of Lexus, no more

Sorry to say but I have left the Lexus family after 18 years.
I traded in my 2008 ls for an Audi A6 Prestige.
the Ls had 170k miles and was starting to use oil and other problems Had a 1999 gs 300 for a year then bought back by Lexus, then a 2000 Gs 300, best car I ever owned. My daughter sold it with 255k miles on it.
I spent about a year trying to convince my self to get another Ls or Gs. Drove the 17 ls and it felt like i was totally isolated from the road and car just to smooth and quiet.
Test drove the Gs F Sport and really liked driving it but i couldn't stand the front end of the car.
Hopefully I will be back in a couple of years. Maybe by then Lexus will figure out they are losing a lot of sales for their top end cars due to weird styling and out dated electronics

1WILLY1 08-26-17 11:01 PM

Its hard to stay loyal to Lexus nowadays I agree

The only Lexus that I love is the LS, other then that they got nothing that interests me

Es is lame
GS is ugly
IS too small
RC is a Honda accord with a lexus badge
LC very nice but way out of my price range

and I'm not an SUV guy so that is it for me really

Thankfully I have room to move up to a newer LS as time goes on, as I only have an 08...maybe next ill get a 13+ if I'm lucky enough

USLEX 08-26-17 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bruceko (Post 9965672)
Sorry to say but I have left the Lexus family after 18 years.
I traded in my 2008 ls for an Audi A6 Prestige.
the Ls had 170k miles and was starting to use oil and other problems Had a 1999 gs 300 for a year then bought back by Lexus, then a 2000 Gs 300, best car I ever owned. My daughter sold it with 255k miles on it.
I spent about a year trying to convince my self to get another Ls or Gs. Drove the 17 ls and it felt like i was totally isolated from the road and car just to smooth and quiet.
Test drove the Gs F Sport and really liked driving it but i couldn't stand the front end of the car.
Hopefully I will be back in a couple of years. Maybe by then Lexus will figure out they are losing a lot of sales for their top end cars due to weird styling and out dated electronics

Still love my LS600 but to me the main problem is the Lexus Corporate to help with automobile problems and retain customers isn't like it used to be. I think they feel like they can act like the German badges now. I also agree that the new Spindle Grill styling is quite ugly. It is okay for one of the sportier models but on their flagship LS, they should go with a more reserved classic clean look. Just my 2 cents.

dlbuckls10 08-28-17 02:32 PM

I agree all corporations seems to be changing for worst and nothing is like it used to be but I still love my LS 460L.

SW17LS 08-28-17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by bruceko (Post 9965672)
Drove the 17 ls and it felt like i was totally isolated from the road and car just to smooth and quiet.

Thats what the LS is supposed to be lol

Audi makes great cars, but I would have a hard time going from the LS to an A6 because of the more pedestrian interior trimmings of the A6, thats a big reason I got the GS instead of the A6 in 2012 I could go to an A8 no problem.

Originally Posted by USLEX
Still love my LS600 but to me the main problem is the Lexus Corporate to help with automobile problems and retain customers isn't like it used to be.

This is definitely true. Service is a far cry from what it used to be.

sktn77a 08-28-17 04:03 PM

I really disliked the spindle grill when it first came out but, four years on, I've taken a liking to it.

1WILLY1 08-28-17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by sktn77a (Post 9967312)
I really disliked the spindle grill when it first came out but, four years on, I've taken a liking to it.

me too , I hated it , but am warming up too it more as time goes on

There is such a thing as "newer is better" , even if the design is a little off, the fact its the newer model and the upgraded version of what we have somehow convinces the mind its better

I spent years mocking the C6 corvette on the vette forum, and now years later I'm trying to buy one LOL

Its not always like that though, my first Lexus was a 93 sc400, and I really hated the new design of the sc430's and many years later I still haven't warmed up too it

Lexuslsguy 08-28-17 04:24 PM

Congratulations on your A6. I went to an A8 after looking at some 13+ 460's. The 460 just did not excite me like the A8. They are not as reliable as Lexus, I think this is common knowledge but what other brand is? They have come a long way and are the best German car available. This is why Consumer Reports gives great scores. Even the 7 series has improved a lot over the past few years. The S class trails the pack but are lovely when running which still is not that often... lol Anyway, enjoy your new ride.

SW17LS 08-28-17 05:15 PM

I like the spindle when it's restrained. I like it on my LS, I like it on the upcoming 5LS. I like it on the refresh 6ES, I like it on the LX. Hate the RX, hate the NX, hate the GX, the IS is okay, hate the refresh GS. I like the RC, I like the LC...

bruceko 08-28-17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by SW15LS (Post 9967246)
Thats what the LS is supposed to be lol

Audi makes great cars, but I would have a hard time going from the LS to an A6 because of the more pedestrian interior trimmings of the A6, thats a big reason I got the GS instead of the A6 in 2012 I could go to an A8 no problem.

This is definitely true. Service is a far cry from what it used to be.

Yes there are some interior features missing from the Audi that my Ls had I do miss those. I think some of it is just a bunch of German Engineers stuck in their way

SW17LS 08-28-17 07:16 PM

It's more the feel of the interior and he materials. The A6 is a class below he LS after all.

roadfrog 08-28-17 07:36 PM

Drove the 17 ls and it felt like i was totally isolated from the road and car just to smooth and quiet.
Sooooo.....it did everything as advertised?!!? LOL.

sippy2 08-28-17 08:04 PM

18 years of Lexus, no more..

Really?

USLEX 08-28-17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by sktn77a (Post 9967312)

Keith, that is like saying, "I married my wife and I didn't like her smile when I first met her but after four years I've taken to liking it." LOL! Don't take offense man. Just found it funny.

As I said before, the LS deserves a more elegant classy look which this recent iteration of the spindle grill on the LS does not. I think it is fine to good looking for the sportier models.

SW17LS 08-28-17 09:28 PM

To each their own...I think my 15 is a great looking car.