ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Dead factory battery replaced with Costco Battery Interstate/#27 Ls460 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/862574-dead-factory-battery-replaced-with-costco-battery-interstate-27-ls460.html)

UZ214 07-17-17 07:43 PM

Dead factory battery replaced with Costco Battery Interstate/#27 Ls460

Sunday morning i am leaving to get some bagels and the car turned on slower than usual; pull out of garage and turned it off- start again and didn't want to start. Called local lexus being sunday they were closed. Called local toyota dealers and they were like bring you old battery over and we can check the spec and maybe we have them in stock. so i took my old battery out and before stopping at the Toyota dealer we stopped at Costco to get some groceries. I knew they had batteries too so i went and checked them out, for 88$ it was hard to beat plus i think they have 48 months warranty . It was number 27 for cars with cold weather package fit in perfectly.
The car starts pretty quick the way it should; first time buying battery from Costco

Chuckinnj 07-17-17 09:04 PM

Good info....... I want to replace my battery before it dies and I always buy Costco batteries because of the no BS return policy. :thumbup:

roadfrog 07-18-17 12:34 PM

Walmart also has an easy return policy on their batteries. Price is about the same as Costco.

Kuhan 07-18-17 02:30 PM

Is this Interstate #27 battery a direct replacement (same RC, etc) for our LS? I'm assuming 2013 has the same battery type as 2011?

sktn77a 07-18-17 03:55 PM

Lexus replaced the battery on my 07 LS with an interstate. Don't remember the number, though.

hfahmy 07-18-17 04:40 PM

New lexus battery is interstate and it is $120. That's what all dealers sell around here

Lexuslsguy 07-18-17 04:57 PM

The Everstart Maxx at Walmart is a bit better quality then the Interstate line Costco sells. It's a great lead acid battery. They are both made by Johnson Controls but not the same battery. An AGM is a better way to go and OEM for most large luxury sedans. They are more expensive. I'm kind of surprised Lexus did not put this in at the factory. You should see the size of the battery I put in for my Audi. Biggest battery I have ever purchased. 73lbs 😲.

UZ214 07-18-17 06:40 PM

it fit right in, it was a Sunday and I needed my car, I usually get everything OEM but couldn't pass when I saw It at Costco. The car starts right up I think it actually takes shorter time to start then my older battery that I took out. There are two different types of batteries for LS (at-least with interstate #22 and #27) the 27 has more cracking amps; so I got that one.

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 9928508)
Is this Interstate #27 battery a direct replacement (same RC, etc) for our LS? I'm assuming 2013 has the same battery type as 2011?

sktn77a 07-19-17 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by hfahmy (Post 9928603)
New lexus battery is interstate and it is $120. That's what all dealers sell around here

Mine was $280 installed!

Oliver Enterprises 07-19-17 06:46 AM

Where did you get the info that the battery was a 27 size? Because somehow I got the info that it was a 24 size.

UZ214 07-19-17 07:05 AM

There a book where the batteries are; and I also confirmed with a guy over at customer service. The 27 has higher cracking power vs the other one; I have the cold weather package which I think almost all cars in northern belt have them so 27 would work. I took the older battery in the cart and them next to each other just to make sure.

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises (Post 9929064)
Where did you get the info that the battery was a 27 size? Because somehow I got the info that it was a 24 size.

Lexuslsguy 07-19-17 07:05 AM

I would not pay for labor. The LS does not have a charging management system so nothing needs to be reset. I paid $230 for my battery and installed myself. Most good AGM's go for about $200 - $250 for the battery. For lead acid I would not spend more then $120.

As far as size, often the OEM will vary in size based on options for the car. Quick search also came up with BCI group 27.

Chuckinnj 07-19-17 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises (Post 9929064)

That's funny the info I got off the Interstate website is a #22 battery....... I would go with the greatest CCA that fits! :confused:
22, 24, 27 That is the question...... Maybe one has opposite terminals?

BIG QUESTION! How long are the Lexus original factory batteries lasting before replacement when they go dead? OR When did you replace your battery?
I normally replace my batteries around the 5 year age (even if they are good) because I don't want to deal with a dead battery on a car that relies on 12 volts...... I know batteries don't last forever.

UZ214 07-19-17 07:15 AM

go with 27, it took me 10 mins to install and put back all the clips/cover back on. the terminals line up perfectly; I had to push just a little to get it settled in the sitting tray/ I posted a tread maybe last year that my LS take little longer to fire up / I thought thats how the LS460 are vs other Lexus. That "issue" has gone it starts right away. if you want I can take some pics and post them. To add I didn't reset anything even my memory seating is saved which is weird

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj (Post 9929089)
That's funny the info I got off the Interstate website is a #22 battery....... I would go with the greatest CCA that fits! :confused:
22, 24, 27 That is the question...... Maybe one has opposite terminals?

Oliver Enterprises 07-19-17 07:57 AM

I don't remember specifically, but I probably looked at the service manual / owner's manual / or researched it somewhere (because I normally do), and came up with a 24 size. The 24 size I purchased was ever so slightly taller (maybe a quarter inch) than the Panasonic. I had to "customize" the hold-down bracket. I wasn't able to get the battery out of the car first and take it to the store.