LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 600HL Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-17, 12:58 PM
lstRTglove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 600HL Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Help

Well I am hoping y'all assist me in figuring out a bushing issue I have ran into working on a 2008 LS600HL. The owner had several bushings that needed to be replaced in the front suspension. I have done more research in actual time on the car. I have found all the parts and everything is went smooth up until the front lower rearward (the one closest to rear of car) facing control arm bushing. The bushing I received from the parts supplier matched up perfectly besides the boat hole size. Through in this emails and phone conversations they determine the bushing I had was correct and they don't know why it's too small as it's been fitted on these cars multiple times late been pretty good to work with besides I felt they kind of just push me off instead of figuring out what happened. I took measurements of the bolt size at the threads it's a .623 and non-threaded area is really .574. thought maybe they sent me the wrong bushing but they actually sent me four of the right ones and saying they don't know what's going on. I then order a bushing set for just that control arm from another part supplier. They actually just sent me the wrong part number but they don't have a telephone and only deal through email which is been a disaster. I want to get this guy back on the road in his car which is a very nice car . Over the last year I've worked on a few Lexus and They have gained my respect.

my question is does anyone know where I can get a bushing said that they know will fit on this vehicle? Is there two different chamber bolt sizes for that control arm for this year? Also I am thinking about using my drill press to make the whole just a little bit bigger to fit in the original first bushings I bought. It's very minimal as a bushing only catch is that the threads any input on that would be great. Or where I can get decent full control arms at good price.

Just won't fit through that bolt hole

Old 07-02-17, 06:26 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Arm-...NZP7JH&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+arms&_sacat=0
Old 07-02-17, 10:24 PM
lstRTglove
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Appreciate it. Unfortunately this is one of the companies I ordered from originally text leave the second company that sent me the wrong part. They don't have a phone they don't respond quickly through email but they did refund me and I don't want to send the part back. Now there is one thing from what you just posted I learned it ships from the same small city I live in. I sent an email to see if I can go to the warehouse. Either way I'm going to find it and go there
Old 07-03-17, 07:54 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

I believe the ls600 use different bushings then the ls460's, you may have to buy oem control arms if you cant find aftermarket
Old 07-11-17, 07:47 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lstRTglove - how did you solve the problem?
Can someone please post a link to bushings for a 2008 LS 600HL?
At 115,000 miles, my car does not yet need them but I am considering getting it done, proactively.
Old 07-11-17, 11:13 AM
lstRTglove
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexus600hl
At 115,000 miles, my car does not yet need them but I am considering getting it done, proactively.

I had to buy a drill press and I am going to make the holes bigger. I should have them drilled out tonight and hopefully installed this weekend. Some of the toughest bushings I've ever dealt with I had to cut them out with the grinder prybars won't work on it
Old 07-11-17, 11:15 AM
lstRTglove
Driver School Candidate

and less you were upgrading to something way better in the bushings are good I recommend not touching them I'm giving this guy a pretty good deal if you buy a Lexus parts it's going to cost a fortune. This car I'm working on has 300,000 miles and ran into a ditch before
Old 07-11-17, 01:49 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lstRTglove
and less you were upgrading to something way better in the bushings are good I recommend not touching them I'm giving this guy a pretty good deal if you buy a Lexus parts it's going to cost a fortune. This car I'm working on has 300,000 miles and ran into a ditch before
Hey Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Coming from an experienced mechanic like you, it means A LOT and I really appreciate it very much! I won't replace the bushings. Btw, I had severe vibration in the steering. I just replaced the tires - at the lexus dealer and 90% of the vibration is gone.. but even now, I have slight vibration at about 60 to 80 mph? What could it be? Tie rod end?
Thanks again! Your suggestion of leaving it alone is much appreciated. I have only 115,000 miles.
Old 07-11-17, 05:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Did the dealer do a road force balance? If replacing the tires helped significantly I would first weed out any possibility of wheel/tire imbalance...
Old 07-11-17, 10:09 PM
lstRTglove
Driver School Candidate

Hey Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Coming from an experienced mechanic like you, it means A LOT and I really appreciate it very much! I won't replace the bushings. Btw, I had severe vibration in the steering. I just replaced the tires - at the lexus dealer and 90% of the vibration is gone.. but even now, I have slight vibration at about 60 to 80 mph? What could it be? Tie rod end?
Thanks again! Your suggestion of leaving it alone is much appreciated. I have only 115,000 miles.
No problem. I am not a certified mechanic, grew up running around a body shop. I have a passion for cars and enjoy the challenge of fixing them. At times it can be a mystery but that's basically logic kicks in and being patient. In regards to your vibration as the other poster saying make sure their balanced and I'm assuming you received an alignment if you did not you would want to do that first. Also I haven't looked but I know Toyota has torque strut braces. They look kind of like an engine mount. If it eases 600 HL's have one I would look at it. I just did a Toyota Camry with 300,000 miles on it and the rubber bushing inside mount was deteriorated cause a new vehicle to vibrate at all times at different levels
Old 07-18-17, 07:38 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lstRTglove
No problem. I am not a certified mechanic, grew up running around a body shop. I have a passion for cars and enjoy the challenge of fixing them. At times it can be a mystery but that's basically logic kicks in and being patient. In regards to your vibration as the other poster saying make sure their balanced and I'm assuming you received an alignment if you did not you would want to do that first. Also I haven't looked but I know Toyota has torque strut braces. They look kind of like an engine mount. If it eases 600 HL's have one I would look at it. I just did a Toyota Camry with 300,000 miles on it and the rubber bushing inside mount was deteriorated cause a new vehicle to vibrate at all times at different levels
Thanks or your reply! I really appreciate it.
The tires have been balanced and alignment done, at Lexus dealership.
Old 07-18-17, 07:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks or your reply! I really appreciate it.
The tires have been balanced and alignment done, at Lexus dealership.
Did the Lexus dealership road force balance the wheels? Just having it done at a Lexus dealership shouldn't provide you much confidence. My Lexus dealer only uses the road force balancer when the customer requests it.

The only way to have total confidence there isn't a balance issue in a wheel or tire somewhere is to do a road force balance.
Old 07-18-17, 07:57 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Did the Lexus dealership road force balance the wheels? Just having it done at a Lexus dealership shouldn't provide you much confidence. My Lexus dealer only uses the road force balancer when the customer requests it.

The only way to have total confidence there isn't a balance issue in a wheel or tire somewhere is to do a road force balance.
I don't know and I did not ask for it. I have a ls 460l also. I am going to swap the front wheels to see if that makes a difference.
Old 07-18-17, 08:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I don't know and I did not ask for it. I have a ls 460l also. I am going to swap the front wheels to see if that makes a difference.
I would definitely have them road force balanced before I start thinking about suspension issues. If you didn't ask they just spin balanced them.
Old 07-18-17, 10:17 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

I spoke to the tech Ed, who actually did the balancing. He said he did do the road force balancing and that he always does that by default. He drove the car, sensed the vibrations and lexus took it back into service to re-balance and re-evaluate.

Quick Reply: LS 600HL Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Help