LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just picked up my 2010 LS460 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-17, 07:12 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the window sticker the dealer printed for me.
Attached Files
Old 07-01-17, 07:14 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Default MotorWeek Road Test: 2010 Lexus LS-460 Sport

Old 07-01-17, 07:26 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats! I picked up a 2014 Fsport two weeks ago. Love it. On the way to work I keep it in Eco Mode. On the way home it is in Sport+.

The brakes take some getting used to. Mine don't squeal so I wonder if the previous owner had them fixed. According the records he always did everything at his Lexus dealership.

A lot of my friends can't believe it is a LS 460 because of the interior styling. I must admit it is not grandpas' LS on the inside.

My credit union offered a extended warranty for 7 more years and 75k more miles. I confirmed they cover all components of the air suspension before I bought it for 1400 bucks. It covers everything except for light light assemblies, speakers, and the normal parts that wear like pads and tires.

Last edited by bigsherv; 07-01-17 at 07:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GregoryNP (07-02-17)
Old 07-02-17, 09:27 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Congrats and I wish good luck with the cars to both Gregory and bigsherv!

Bigsherv, that sounds like an excellent deal on the extended warranty.
Old 07-02-17, 10:47 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bigsherv
Congrats! I picked up a 2014 Fsport two weeks ago. Love it. On the way to work I keep it in Eco Mode. On the way home it is in Sport+.

The brakes take some getting used to. Mine don't squeal so I wonder if the previous owner had them fixed. According the records he always did everything at his Lexus dealership.

A lot of my friends can't believe it is a LS 460 because of the interior styling. I must admit it is not grandpas' LS on the inside.

My credit union offered a extended warranty for 7 more years and 75k more miles. I confirmed they cover all components of the air suspension before I bought it for 1400 bucks. It covers everything except for light light assemblies, speakers, and the normal parts that wear like pads and tires.
I'll have to check with my CU I bought the Lexus Warrenty for 4/48 for $4,100. The dealer financed car for 4.75% interest. My CU refi'd it for 2%
Old 07-02-17, 10:51 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf
Old 07-05-17, 08:03 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
I'll have to check with my CU I bought the Lexus Warranty for 4/48 for $4,100. The dealer financed car for 4.75% interest. My CU refi'd it for 2%
The warranty is actually pretty nuts. I didn't know it had the following areas covered. It is the Platinum Policy from National Auto Care. It has a $50 dollar deductible. You used to be able to pick no deductible or a higher deductible but the bank seemed to have streamlined their options. I do think NAC offers them.While the price varies by car, they allow a warranty to be purchased as long as you are under 72K miles.
  • Substitute transportation up to 40 dollars a day
  • Trip interruption
  • Roadside assistance
  • Mechanical first aid including tire service, battery, delivery of needed fluids, towing, locksmith
  • Key Fob coverage up to 300 dollars for lost, stolen, or damage.
  • Dent repair up to 300 dollars for life of vehicle
  • Windshield repair coverage up to 300, repair not replacement.
I have had them before and didn't run into any major issues except the mechanic has to verify each task prior to doing to to ensure they are paid. But that seems to be standard.
It has exclusions like it won' cover any light assembly, speakers, etc, but it will cover the car with rims as long as they don't exceed what Lexus would allow. If I attached a snow plow or added a lift kit it would be covered to as long as I let them know. Some things are comical to read.

My main thing was will it cover the air suspension? When they said yes (saving that email for life) I was okay with the risk of lights, speakers, etc and other things not covered that the Toyota/Lexus warranty covered.

Last edited by bigsherv; 07-05-17 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-04-18, 12:46 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsherv
The warranty is actually pretty nuts. I didn't know it had the following areas covered. It is the Platinum Policy from National Auto Care. It has a $50 dollar deductible. You used to be able to pick no deductible or a higher deductible but the bank seemed to have streamlined their options. I do think NAC offers them.While the price varies by car, they allow a warranty to be purchased as long as you are under 72K miles.
  • Substitute transportation up to 40 dollars a day
  • Trip interruption
  • Roadside assistance
  • Mechanical first aid including tire service, battery, delivery of needed fluids, towing, locksmith
  • Key Fob coverage up to 300 dollars for lost, stolen, or damage.
  • Dent repair up to 300 dollars for life of vehicle
  • Windshield repair coverage up to 300, repair not replacement.
I have had them before and didn't run into any major issues except the mechanic has to verify each task prior to doing to to ensure they are paid. But that seems to be standard.
It has exclusions like it won' cover any light assembly, speakers, etc, but it will cover the car with rims as long as they don't exceed what Lexus would allow. If I attached a snow plow or added a lift kit it would be covered to as long as I let them know. Some things are comical to read.

My main thing was will it cover the air suspension? When they said yes (saving that email for life) I was okay with the risk of lights, speakers, etc and other things not covered that the Toyota/Lexus warranty covered.
Have you tried to submit a claim to them for anything yet? I just did a Google search for this company and they have some terrible reviews on denying coverage of basic things because the specific part is not listed individually in the policy, even when the overall system is listed as covered. Just wondering anyone else's experience with National Auto Care VSA. Sounds pretty cheap for the coverage which makes you wonder. TIA!
Old 05-04-18, 01:33 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

I have not on this vehicle. My factory warranty just ended. I have before and with a shop owners help I have never been denied. The shop I use now uses them all the time and told me to make sure the platinum one is the one I bought. Wish me luck.
Old 04-19-20, 07:00 AM
hitsofmiss
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
Congrats on the LS Sport. I love that saddle interior trim and matte wood and the wheels, I almost pulled the trigger on a black one but the sports all unfortunately have air suspension which I am avoiding.
I have never seen F-Sport with saddle interior. I thought they always come in Black. Can your post a few pictures?
Old 04-19-20, 09:14 PM
flashy5
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

got pics of the inside