LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To convert to AccuAir and get 22's or just stay stock and run the stock setup??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-17, 02:57 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Default To convert to AccuAir and get 22's or just stay stock and run the stock setup??

Hello all. Some of you have seen my posts and you can see that I am a road warrior. I drive 50-60 thousand miles a year. I absolutely love my 2013 LS460L. It is such a wonderful daily driver stock but it didn't come with the optional airride.

I've owned the car since October and I put 30k on it and now the reality of a stock looking car is setting in. I love love the car but the looks could use an upgrade in the wheels stance department. I've been researching the hell out of aftermarket air ride setups and it's clear to me AccuAir is the clear winner when it comes to it with there electronic management setup and it's true realiabilty factor.

For those of of you who don't know the setup, here is the link to it:

https://accuair.com/late-model/media

The setup isn't cheap after you buy it all it could be 5 grand before install.

I really would love love to here anyone on these forms who is familiar with this setup and would love to know the ride quality and also if it in fact is as reliable as they claim it is. Again I'll be driving the car at least 1,000 miles a week.

I know now putting the car on 22's is gonna hurt the ride but from what I've read on here, most say the ride is still smooth because the car is just that good! Can anyone chime in running 30 series fronts and 25 series rears??

Im also torn on what wheel to actually get. Staggered setup is a must as I am a RWD Long white wheelbase.

I love how the the old Vossen CV1 wheels look on this body style. After reading up on that wheel, it's been discontinued due to spoke cracking issues and so the search continues on a wheel that would come close to that wheel. Any recommendations from my fellow owners I would appreciate it!

So do I just say forget it all and run the boring setup stock or go all out with a higher end aftermarket airride setup and a nice classy wheel to fit in with the long beautiful white body?

What to do? I will say I won't put big wheels on the car without lowering it because it really is to high to run it with the stock suspension so that option is out!

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 06-05-17, 06:53 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Why do you need to swap to aftermarket air ride to get 22's? You can run them on the stock suspension just the same

I run 30/25 and its a little firmer but not bad
Old 06-05-17, 07:13 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Keep it stock, buy a beater for a couple thousand and rack up some miles on it. Gees
Old 06-06-17, 04:17 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Why do you need to swap to aftermarket air ride to get 22's? You can run them on the stock suspension just the same

I run 30/25 and its a little firmer but not bad

Thanks for for the input on the wheel ride but as I stated I don't want to look like a lifted truck going down the road. If I commit, I do it all in with the best setup possible or I don't do it at all.

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Keep it stock, buy a beater for a couple thousand and rack up some miles on it. Gees
I already own four cars so can't do that. I purchased this car as my everyday runner. I don't drive beaters for a lot of reasons but mainly one is I travel far and wide and the last thing I want is to be stuck in Mississippi somewhere. This car gets me home safe week after week. I'm not worried in the least to put miles on this car as my last Lexus I racked up 300,000 trouble free miles on all while being on coilovers and low profile tires as you can see in my old thread.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...nd-issues.html

. This time, I want to do it right.

Looking to hear from someone who actually drives their car and is lowered on an airride setup.

Last edited by mmade22; 06-06-17 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-06-17, 09:32 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmade22
Thanks for for the input on the wheel ride but as I stated I don't want to look like a lifted truck going down the road. If I commit, I do it all in with the best setup possible or I don't do it at all.

I already own four cars so can't do that. I purchased this car as my everyday runner. I don't drive beaters for a lot of reasons but mainly one is I travel far and wide and the last thing I want is to be stuck in Mississippi somewhere. This car gets me home safe week after week. I'm not worried in the least to put miles on this car as my last Lexus I racked up 300,000 trouble free miles on all while being on coilovers and low profile tires as you can see in my old thread.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...nd-issues.html

. This time, I want to do it right.

Looking to hear from someone who actually drives their car and is lowered on an airride setup.
You can easily lower the stock air ride as well , I just did it on mine and it doesn't cost a dollar.

Save the $5000 for something else
Old 06-06-17, 05:27 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
You can easily lower the stock air ride as well , I just did it on mine and it doesn't cost a dollar.

Save the $5000 for something else

Um not to be mean but you clearly didn't read my original post.

That answer is in the first paragraph.
Old 06-06-17, 10:20 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Um not to be mean but you clearly didn't read my original post.

That answer is in the first paragraph.
Sorry missed that
Old 06-07-17, 01:22 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

MMade22, that Gs350 thread you made is legendary. Made me want to keep my 2007 GS350 with my measly 86K miles on it. I've always preserved the mileage on my cars but I think I will be driving the LS460 much more.
Old 06-07-17, 04:40 AM
happyhood
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are going to lower on the stock air ride, i'm not going to lie, it's a bit rougher due to you shorting the travel of the struts. I have the air controller and skipper links rolling on 21s (on a 4wd LS) and it's low, but rough.

rode in a few LS with aftermarket air (either airrunner or airrex) and it's a world of difference for the better and they were on 21s, and 20s. I just can't wait to do the install, just need time. lol

if the install is good, and well maintain, it should last you. my other car is on airrex for the past 6 years and it's still going very well. I traveled to Toronto, NY city, Philly and NJ with no problems.

wheels, pick what you like, i can't help on that department.

good luck
The following users liked this post:
mmade22 (06-07-17)
Old 06-07-17, 08:48 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Thank you! I have heard all the above about the aftermarket air systems. They are the best for ride and you can drive high or low depending on the road quality for comfort. It truly is the best of both worlds.
Old 06-09-17, 10:45 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Not sure if you looked at the 460 wheel and tire thread sticky with tons of pics of real world setups we are running on our 460s/600s. But 255/30/22 front and 295/25/22 is about the closest match to the oem overall diameter if using plus size comparison and what the majority of folks run on with 22s. That's what I run on mine. Continental DWS06'S and absolutely love them
The following users liked this post:
mmade22 (06-10-17)
Old 06-10-17, 06:34 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Thank you. Real world numbers on how many miles you would get out of a set of rear tires? Real world mileage numbers on the fronts?

i ran the same tires on my GS and I got up to 90k on the fronts and 50k on the rears. That is about 95% all highway use!

Also what offset are are you running on your car? It looks perfect!
Old 06-11-17, 12:22 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Thank you. Real world numbers on how many miles you would get out of a set of rear tires? Real world mileage numbers on the fronts?

i ran the same tires on my GS and I got up to 90k on the fronts and 50k on the rears. That is about 95% all highway use!

Also what offset are are you running on your car? It looks perfect!
I list the offsets on my post in that thread..actually I have 4 or 5 posts with all the different LS's I've had lol. 30 front 38 rear. .pretty much a very safe and conservative setup guaranteed to work on any 460/600 with my tire sizes. I drive on level 2 or 3 on my data controller and I'm not sure about total miles on a set but I'm on pace to get about 2.5 to 3 years per set. I drive about 25 miles a day round trip though. And real world meaning actual pics and specs of what people are actually running on their cars and if they have suspension mods or if the tires rub..etc. it's a ton of info and helps folks decide so long as they invest the time to go through the thread in its entirety. Research is the key and it was designed as a tool to help folks out

Last edited by CJITTY; 06-11-17 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-11-17, 09:23 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

While not as baller as 22's (had them and got rid of them) I'm thankful for my 20's everyday when I'm dodging pot holes and torn up streets.