LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

150,000 milestone reached.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-17, 08:31 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Nice pic by your daughter!

I forget, are you the original owner?
Old 04-15-17, 08:51 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

A clear bra would have been great on my car, a little too late now, but certainly a wise investment.
It's the first thing I removed on my car. I just didn't like the look of it. Even though it was advertised as "invisible", I could tell it was there as did other family and friends, especially where the edges of the film were that gathered wax buildup and dirt. Looks better (to me) without it.

Wow didn't realize you drive that much.
Yep. About 60 miles every day on my commute. Turns out my math is a bit off. I have 190k kms - so I guess I'm at about 120k miles.

As for my repair history, I've replaced my water pump and I needed one control arm and shocks and a ball joint. Also brake rotors and a battery. Definitely the most reliable car I've ever owned and certainly the most solid, quiet and comfortable. I love that it's also easy for a DIY'er to work on and parts are pretty inexpensive, due to the amount of parts that are common with other platforms like the Tundra, etc. My only gripe right now is a squeak/rattle in the console over sharp bumps in the road. Just pushing and pressing on the console emits annoying squeaks and creaks. I'll be tracing that down and try to quiet it down.
Old 04-15-17, 09:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
It's the first thing I removed on my car. I just didn't like the look of it. Even though it was advertised as "invisible", I could tell it was there as did other family and friends, especially where the edges of the film were that gathered wax buildup and dirt. Looks better (to me) without it.
The technology has gotten a lot better, mine is a full kit so there are no edges, its wrapped over the edges of all the panels, you would never know it was on the car. The plastic materials have also improved tremendously, the product I had on my 13 wasn't as good as what I have on my 15 and there are even new films out now.

The film I have is self correcting, its really incredible.

I will buy it on every car I buy going forward.
Old 04-15-17, 09:27 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Nice pic by your daughter!

I forget, are you the original owner?
No I'm the third owner, purchased it off a guy who owns a Lexus repair facility. He has a small used inventory lot out front but he drove this one for two years and 20,000 miles. His wife wanted him to keep it but he decided to sell it before the mileage got too high. I bought it with 70,000 miles on it, the service/repair history consisted of a tow to the dealer when it was young for a dead battery, and recalls (zero repairs). The guy I bought it off of did brakes, a light bulb and cabin air filter. When I got my hands on it I did the tranny service, coolant, plugs, brake fluid, brakes again, control arms, a wheel bearing, and a blower motor. I've put 80,000 miles on it myself - mostly highway - 25,000-30,000 a year. The original owner got into a fender bender with it when it only had 7,000 miles on it, the car is fine, but I've tried to sell it in the past and believe me...it's next to impossible to sell this car because it's been in an "accident". As soon as anyone hears that they're gone. Doesn't matter that the accident caused no structural damage whatsoever....doesn't matter that I take care of it...doesn't matter that all the major stuff has been done. No one wants any part of a car that has been in an accident. So I'll probably end up driving the thing until it blows up, or maybe I'll give it to my kid in a couple of years.