LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

oil change cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-17, 08:34 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Wow! That is crazy. I pay more than that just for my oil in bulk. Well done.
That price scares me a little because that sounds TOO CHEAP. I want to call back and ask how much to change the Tranny fluid too.
Old 06-02-17, 09:18 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

My wife was going out of town and the oil light came on so she took her LS to the dealer for a "quick oil change" and the cost was $138....... They checked the brakes, alignment, etc. and rotated the items for this price. They did try to sell her an alignment because the rear was out a few degrees but I told her NO because I would take it to my friend who has a Hunter machine.
Old 06-02-17, 09:24 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
My wife was going out of town and the oil light came on so she took her LS to the dealer for a "quick oil change" and the cost was $138....... They checked the brakes, alignment, etc. and rotated the items for this price. They did try to sell her an alignment because the rear was out a few degrees but I told her NO because I would take it to my friend who has a Hunter machine.
Does your friend have a shop in Jersey that does alignments?
Old 06-02-17, 01:28 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Originally Posted by hypervish
Does your friend have a shop in Jersey that does alignments?
YEP!..... Readington Auto and Tire. Rt. 22 Readington, NJ.
Old 06-02-17, 08:43 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
YEP!..... Readington Auto and Tire. Rt. 22 Readington, NJ.
Sweet, I may need to make a trip...need to get my alignment done soon.
​​​​​​
Old 06-03-17, 10:19 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Sweet, I may need to make a trip...need to get my alignment done soon.
​​​​​​
If you plan on keeping your for few years, Firestone offers lifetime alignment plan for about $170. Its a little expensive to start with but after couple of years you come ahead
Old 06-03-17, 07:57 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sfuad
If you plan on keeping your for few years, Firestone offers lifetime alignment plan for about $170. Its a little expensive to start with but after couple of years you come ahead
Firestone in my area is pretty awful, I had that plan on another car of mine few years ago and wasn't satisfied. Quality of work was poor at two different locations.
Old 06-04-17, 08:38 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Firestone in my area is pretty awful, I had that plan on another car of mine few years ago and wasn't satisfied. Quality of work was poor at two different locations.
I always recommend to avoid these "chain stores" that have rookie kids with one years experience doing alignments. There are plenty of speciality indy shops around with experienced mechanics and modern equipment...... Just ask around for a reference.
Example: A friend of mine took his car to a "well known" chain shop to have upper control arms installed and he was very happy with the job UNTIL he went for an alignment three months later (at another shop) because of tire wear and found out they had installed them reversed.
Old 06-05-17, 04:47 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
That price scares me a little because that sounds TOO CHEAP. I want to call back and ask how much to change the Tranny fluid too.
Funny thing happened this morning. I called Toyota to schedule an Oil Change for tomorrow and the price changed to 55 Bucks now. She didn't know why I was told 49. bucks before. Oh well. Still gotta do it.
Old 06-05-17, 05:00 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Toyota have been doing my oil changes in my LS for years.
Old 06-05-17, 06:12 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Believe it. 6 dollars per qt in bulk or 7.50 (or so) in bottles. TGMO 0W20 - At my local Toyota dealership (not Lexus).

EDIT: I just realized you may have been referring to the price YOU were given. Ask them to confirm that it's synthetic and make sure the bill shows it is.
Old 06-06-17, 06:53 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Believe it. 6 dollars per qt in bulk or 7.50 (or so) in bottles. TGMO 0W20 - At my local Toyota dealership (not Lexus).

EDIT: I just realized you may have been referring to the price YOU were given. Ask them to confirm that it's synthetic and make sure the bill shows it is.
I just left the Toyota dealership and, because you said so, I looked at the bill and it says they installed 5W-20 Conventional and not the 0W-20 Full Synthetic I told them to use. DAMN MAN !!!
So, I called and asked the Customer Service Rep. to look at my bill and confirm what type of oil they put in my car and right now, she is checking with the service dept. and gonna call me back. Of course they gonna say they used Synthetic and it's just a misprint. Waiting for a call back now.

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 06-06-17 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-06-17, 07:43 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

I just left the Toyota dealership and, because you said so, I looked at the bill and it says they installed 5W-20 Conventional and not the 0W-20 Full Synthetic I told them to use. DAMN MAN !!!
So, I called and asked the Customer Service Rep. to look at my bill and confirm what type of oil they put in my car and right now, she is checking with the service dept. and gonna call me back. Of course they gonna say they used Synthetic and it's just a misprint. Waiting for a call back now.
Well, the service manager just called back and after talking to the Tech who did the job, he confirmed that 5W-20 Conventional was used and not the 0W-20 Full Synthetic. So, they told me to bring it back over and they will change it out for me today. Two more hours !!! Oh well. I wonder if it's really that much difference since the Oil cap says, 0W20 or 5W20. The price is 2.80 per qt. for the Conventional and 4.05 per qt. for Synthetic. Now, I wonder if they are really gonna change it or just say they did. Hmmmm.

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 06-06-17 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-06-17, 07:48 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Whether you use 5W20 or 0W20, you SHOULD use synthetic. The difference in viscosity is not an issue. I've even used 5W30 with no effect (good or bad).
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (06-06-17)
Old 06-06-17, 08:23 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I would never put conventional oil in any car I own. Not that it will harm anything just my preference. If someone put it in my car by mistake I would go ahead and leave it for 5,000 miles because it will do no harm in that short time period. Hell my LS 460 was dealer maintained exclusively by the previous owner for 80,000 miles and all they used was conventional oil according to the receipts every 5,000 miles. No record of running poor after an oil change etc. I use 0-30 or 5-30 any good brand full synthetic oil in the Lexus now. I change it at 12 months regardless of how little miles I accumulate. If I drove more miles I would go up to 10.000 miles.

Quick Reply: oil change cost?