LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Test Drove a 2017 LS460 Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-17, 12:25 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Most, maybe all, LS460s sold in Ontario (Canada?) are likely to be AWDs. So, the brochure you are looking at may be region or country-specific. I am sure there are plenty of RWD 2017s in the southern US.
The following users liked this post:
phohunned (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 12:35 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
That's a lot better than what was being offered at Lexus of Omaha (the "Lexus Plus" dealer), but quite a bit short of what FatherTo1 reported (he said his local dealer offered a new LS at $18K off sticker). Weird how non-standardized the pricing is for these! There must be lots of markup!
Sorry, everyone, I have my details wrong. It was $18K off of a 2016. I went back and reread the email from last month. I have attached the quote if anyone is interested in a new 2016 Ultra White F Sport for $68,115.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2016 LS 460 18K off.pdf (113.8 KB, 210 views)
Old 03-07-17, 12:38 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

the front end should be unique on the LS yet almost all lexus modles have this hideous spindle grill, even the suv's. Now there even making suv's look like sedans, unbelievable.
Old 03-07-17, 01:38 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Cool video! I've been having fun with my Drone also... It has a "Follow Me" mode that I haven't figured out yet. When I do, I'd like to do a cool aerial video as the sun is setting with me driving the SC430 with the top down... I'll post if I can make it happen.
I almost asked my wife for the Phantom 4 for Christmas, but decided against it (for now). One of the things I wanted to do with it was precisely what you are thinking about, have the "follow me" function video me driving my car. I'm picturing a nice treeless country road.
MrDOS (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 02:20 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Rick,

I feel the same pain as you. I live in Lincoln and have bought 5 new Lexus vehicles from Lexus of Lincoln. In the past the GM usually gave me an extra $500-$1000 off (the 5-8% off of the MSRP) just because he knows I love to haggle. Since they moved to Lexus Plus they gave me extra $0 off from their posted price. Their reason is that the price is set by Lexus based on the market availability. I got LESS THEN $1000 off of the MSRP on the new NX200t FSport (...because that model combination is rare/hot for the market) where others get $3000-$5000 off easy.

The Next dealer is Omaha (same owner) or Willis in Iowa (3-4 hours away), Chicago dealers are 8 hrs away, same for Denver area (7-8 hrs away). I actually love to try the the dark side (German) but not yet.

I actually SAW your 600h ONCE because I believe there is ONLY 1 Silver 600h around here. Beautiful car.
Old 03-07-17, 02:50 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

7 of the 8 2017's at Lexus of Tulsa are RWD. Only 1 was AWD

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 03-07-17 at 02:53 PM.
phohunned (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 03:21 PM
phohunned
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know, it must be a regional difference (there is only awd models avaiable on the Canadian website).....starting price for a brand new 2017 LS460 awd is $84,600 CAD (after the $10,000 cash purchase incentive and before taxes and fees) that's around $62,000, seems like a big price difference, and you can still haggle over here lol
Old 03-07-17, 04:53 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Rick,

I feel the same pain as you. I live in Lincoln and have bought 5 new Lexus vehicles from Lexus of Lincoln. In the past the GM usually gave me an extra $500-$1000 off (the 5-8% off of the MSRP) just because he knows I love to haggle. Since they moved to Lexus Plus they gave me extra $0 off from their posted price. Their reason is that the price is set by Lexus based on the market availability. I got LESS THEN $1000 off of the MSRP on the new NX200t FSport (...because that model combination is rare/hot for the market) where others get $3000-$5000 off easy.

The Next dealer is Omaha (same owner) or Willis in Iowa (3-4 hours away), Chicago dealers are 8 hrs away, same for Denver area (7-8 hrs away). I actually love to try the the dark side (German) but not yet.

I actually SAW your 600h ONCE because I believe there is ONLY 1 Silver 600h around here. Beautiful car.
That's pretty cool that you spotted me! I have to admit that the rareness of the LS600 does add a certain fun factor to owning the car, and I do get pleasure out of knowing there are only a handful of this model in Nebraska (I've never seen another one "in the wild...").

It is pretty painful having only the two Lexus dealers (both owned by the same person) within easy driving distance, but for the huge price disparities we've been hearing about, I think I'd be fine with a bit of a road trip to get my next one. One way flights are cheap to Denver, Chicago, St. Louis, etc., and all of those places would be fun to cruise home from in a new Lexus (roughly 7-8 hours for any of them). Des Moines is only 2 hours away... they might be more willing to deal...

I'm hoping the "Lexus Plus" experiment fails and goes away before I get serious about upgrading!
Old 03-07-17, 05:01 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

On a somewhat related note, I just read that the new LS500 will be offered in Hybrid form (LS500H). There's a post about this on the new 5th Gen LS Forum, but many of us probably don't frequent that forum (yet).

Appears to be in the same vein as the LS600hL... Combining hybrid batteries/electric motors with the new Twin Turbo V6 to achieve better power, smoothness, etc. Here's a link to an article I just read:
http://www.motor1.com/news/138141/20...-geneva-debut/

Not sure what the price premium over the standard LS500 will be, but this will undoubtedly be the new "Flagship" for the Lexus LS line. I'd love to test drive one!
Old 03-07-17, 06:18 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by lextout
the front end should be unique on the LS yet almost all lexus modles have this hideous spindle grill, even the suv's. Now there even making suv's look like sedans, unbelievable.
I would have to agree...but have you seen mercedes lately? They have totally changed the front and back of their sedans to look the same. When I see one coming down or going up the road I cant tell if it is a new C-class, E-class, or S-class until I see it from the side. THe front and rear lights are all the same I couldn't believe it when I saw my neighbors car. Car manufacturers should not combine features from their highest top of the line brand with their lower end options. I too think that the flagship model should be unique.
Old 03-08-17, 09:35 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I would have to agree...but have you seen mercedes lately? They have totally changed the front and back of their sedans to look the same. When I see one coming down or going up the road I cant tell if it is a new C-class, E-class, or S-class until I see it from the side. THe front and rear lights are all the same I couldn't believe it when I saw my neighbors car. Car manufacturers should not combine features from their highest top of the line brand with their lower end options. I too think that the flagship model should be unique.
Could NOT agree more!!!
Old 03-08-17, 03:35 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I've noticed this too especially since the new E came out.
Seems sad that a $40k C class and a $130k S class are completely indistinguishable until you can see the vehicle's length.
Old 03-08-17, 04:00 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My grandfathers business is in York, Nebraska and every time I travel back there (via Omaha, Lincoln and sometimes Grand Island) I am shocked at how few Lexus I see, let alone foreign cars. Everyone I've talked to in York says that you buy a Cadillac when you have "made it." I understand the American mindset many in the Midwest have, but there are plenty of other options beyond Cadillac. Your 600 is beautiful and isn't just a rare sight in Nebraska... I live in LA, and it's uncommon to see a 600 here. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road here.
Old 03-08-17, 04:19 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

On a somewhat related note, I just read that the new LS500 will be offered in Hybrid form (LS500H). There's a post about this on the new 5th Gen LS Forum, but many of us probably don't frequent that forum (yet).

Appears to be in the same vein as the LS600hL... Combining hybrid batteries/electric motors with the new Twin Turbo V6 to achieve better power, smoothness, etc. Here's a link to an article I just read:
http://www.motor1.com/news/138141/20...-geneva-debut/

Not sure what the price premium over the standard LS500 will be, but this will undoubtedly be the new "Flagship" for the Lexus LS line. I'd love to test drive one!
Nor sure if there is a fair comparison to the ls600hl...2008 LS600hl has 438hp, 2018 ls500h has 354..
Old 03-08-17, 04:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by dfkd
I've noticed this too especially since the new E came out.
Seems sad that a $40k C class and a $130k S class are completely indistinguishable until you can see the vehicle's length.
I would hardly say "completely indistinguishable". I can tell from any angle.

Quick Reply: Test Drove a 2017 LS460 Today