LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Farewell, long LWB. You were good to me.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-16, 10:58 AM
aeggroup
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

wow....glad that you're okay.
Old 05-10-16, 11:26 AM
slaapen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks gentlemen. I know its just a car but man, that car change my perspective on Lexus. What fine craftsmanship.

As for the story. I drove down my street to get on the main street here in North Miami Beach. I saw there was an opening so I made a left heading north bound on main road. I got on the lane and as I was accelerating I saw his blue hid lights in my rear view mirror and thats when he hit me. The vehicle that hit me was a 07 Honda Accord but it looked I got smashed by a truck. I don`t know the deal with the driver in the Honda because he was rushed to the hospital cause of neck injury I believe.

Cops looked at the road and no tire marks from his car, meaning the driver didnt even attempt to brake so hence why the damage was so great.
Old 05-10-16, 11:31 AM
slaapen
Rookie

I do not know the full story on the other party yet but in all honesty, I dont care. The damage has been done. Maybe I am saying it out of anger or a slight depression but man, now i have to worry about things that I didnt have to.
Old 05-10-16, 11:33 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Your LS got rear ended hard and thankfully no serious injuries. The 460 is a safe and excellent vehicle.
Old 05-10-16, 11:42 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad you're okay.

I betcha quite a few parts from the LS will be salvageable, especially the front end.

"Pre-Owned LS car parts, coming soon to a used Lexus LS near you!"

(By means of junk yard, wholesaler, and then maybe eBay)
Old 05-10-16, 12:34 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

This is like the second rear-end accident shared here in such a short span.

Seriously, I'm paranoid about some person distracted by their phone. I've seen so many rear-end fender-benders it's crazy. Insurance rates can't go high enough for these people.
Old 05-10-16, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sorry to hear your story, i am very glad that you walked away safe!
Old 05-10-16, 03:05 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

glad that you are doing ok, how is back seat looking? you think if someone was in t he back seat they would be ok? like walk out?
i have 2 little kids that ride with me in my back seat- accidents like these freak me out and make me miss my LX
Old 05-10-16, 03:07 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch. We have a 13 AWD LS460 SWB that got hit and looks almost exactly like that... Was rear ended by an MDX going 45mph.

Driver walked away from it. These are very well built cars, glad to hear you're OK.
Old 05-10-16, 03:15 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Glad you made it out safe!
Old 05-10-16, 03:36 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Wow, definitely glad to hear you're ok.

Originally Posted by R Z
Oh man! What a mess. So glad you are ok. Cars are just a hunk of metal and can be replaced. Yes, the LS is a lovefest on wheels, but you can get another one.

Just curious if they determined the reason for the slam in the rear. Lately those types of collisions are from texters. The other night my wife and I were out and the car in front of us was just swerving in and out of the line. We feared the driver was intoxicated. When they pulled far right, I grabbed the left lane and zipped past. The female driver was FACE DOWN texting on her phone!
You can bet that the phone is the major culprit nowadays
Old 05-10-16, 05:34 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

God! Glad you're ok...and seeing how you are, could you do us all a favor? Remove the brake actuator, steering rack, vvti, control arms, calipers and anything else that's expensive...and "donate" them to clublexus.com, in case I (I mean anybody) should need then in the future.
Old 05-10-16, 07:26 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Glad you are ok. This is one reason one should not be driving a little tin can these days when everybody is texting. I even sold my beloved motorbike because I am terrified of drivers texting in big SUVs.
Old 05-10-16, 08:11 PM
slaapen
Rookie

thanks for the words!

what also killed me was that I made a thread not to long ago about my christmas tree lights from the abs. I went to diagnose the problem at my friends shop and ended up buying a ABS module AND brake actuator because the brakes failed on me. $3k out my own pocket for everything to be fixed and get her back running on the road and then this happened.

Depending how things go with the insurance, I might buy it back and part the car out and help you guys out. Ill keep you guys updated on that.
Old 05-10-16, 08:17 PM
slaapen
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZ214
glad that you are doing ok, how is back seat looking? you think if someone was in t he back seat they would be ok? like walk out?
i have 2 little kids that ride with me in my back seat- accidents like these freak me out and make me miss my LX
back seat looks to be intact. nothing came out of place except for the arm rest coming down. shockingly no glass on the car was shattered. I would say they would walk out but depending on the person sitting in the back and how "tough" the person may be.

Quick Reply: Farewell, long LWB. You were good to me.