LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 05-30-19, 05:14 PM
Kee318
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 460LS
Hey CLUB LEXUS, new to the scene - bought this 2013 LS 460 second hand from it's original owner. Always dreamt of owning an LS and finally got it a year ago.

2013 Lexus LS 460
Starfire Pearl
Black Semi-Aniline Leather Seat Trim
Technology Package
Air Suspension

Modifications
Skipper Lowering Links
Chrome Delete
Vinyl Black Roof
Yellow Fog Light Vinyl (Still looking for 3000K HID bulbs)

Modifications Coming Soon
Staggered 22" Koko Kapans in Machined Silver
Trunk Lip Spoiler
Roof Lip Spoiler
Ceramic Coat Wheels and Car
F SPORT brakes calipers Powder Coated Blue

Instagram - LS.FourSixty

Is it hard to installed the skipper lowering links? I'm thinking about doing it to mine. I have the F sport version. I dont know if it is going to make a different since the F sport is lower then the base model.
The following users liked this post:
SRLaserguy (01-10-20)
Old 05-30-19, 05:20 PM
mylexusgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there from Paducah, Kentucky....
Old 05-31-19, 01:09 PM
460LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kee318
Is it hard to installed the skipper lowering links? I'm thinking about doing it to mine. I have the F sport version. I dont know if it is going to make a different since the F sport is lower then the base model.
Not gonna front.... I had a professional do it for me. It took about a couple of hours as he was tweaking with the adjustable heights. Definitely the best bang for your buck in terms of aesthetics. Are the F Sports on air suspension as well? Sorry I’m pretty new to the scene - I was told lowering links only work with air suspension
Old 06-01-19, 01:18 AM
Kee318
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 460LS
Not gonna front.... I had a professional do it for me. It took about a couple of hours as he was tweaking with the adjustable heights. Definitely the best bang for your buck in terms of aesthetics. Are the F Sports on air suspension as well? Sorry I’m pretty new to the scene - I was told lowering links only work with air suspension
Yes. All the Ls460 F sport is on air suspensions
Old 06-05-19, 06:52 PM
LS460NYY
10th Gear

Hello, my name is Chris. New (ish) to Lexus. Got my wife a GX to replace a GMC she had when our son was born and he was a handful to shoehorn into my 4Runner 3rd gen so I found an LS 460 2012 for myself. Been doing a little reconditioning to make it mine as I got it with higher miles 100k. Looking forward to making some contributions if I can and gathering info for what I will be doing to mine along the way. Will post photos when I get it back from service (lower control arms,LBJ’s mans an axle reseal)
I’m a car guy/toy guy Been in the car business since I was 17. Body shops to start and then dealerships as an Autobody advisor TOYOTA and now doing service advising at a local BMW. Here to help with whatever I can,if you think I can be helpful in any way reach out.
Old 06-06-19, 01:13 AM
BeaneKing
Driver School Candidate

Greetings everyone. This is my first time joining a car forum and actually posting in quite some time.
I recently purchased a 2013 LS 460 L AWD and it is an awesome vehicle.
Black/Black
Options- appears to be pretty standard
48k on the odometer
Old 06-06-19, 01:24 AM
BeaneKing
Driver School Candidate

Hey Chris. Larry here. Nice to meet you. I just got my Lex in February and they had to replace some of the same suspension parts on mine as you mentioned on yours. There was a lot of wheel shake on the test drive and the dealer said it just needed an alignment. Wrong! It needed brakes, pads, and rotors all the way around(I believe if I recall correctly from the Maryland State Inspection), some control arms and bushings. I ended up buying all new tires when I realized two of them were run-flats and 2 of them weren't and they were from 3 different manufacturers. All in all the car is great EXCEPT for the right is not quite Lexus. It's tomb quiet like all reviews say, but there is still some shake in the ride. The MD State Inspector said that all of my wheels (factory) were out of round. How does that even happen. Anyway, I'm in the market for some wheels but not trying to rush into anything just for the sake of replacing what I believe are some really nice looking factory wheels. I'll post some pics soon.
Old 06-06-19, 01:30 AM
BeaneKing
Driver School Candidate

Hey there. You can take your physical key out of the remote and lock the door. You just have to carefully pop the cover off the driver door handle(lower-right chrome colored piece. The manual tells you how to do that if you're not sure.
Old 06-07-19, 03:58 PM
clydelexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Second go-round here. Previously owned a 2004 LS 430, black/tan. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime, and none were it's equal, so this time around I went back to the LS family two weeks ago today.

2010 LS 460
mercury metallic/black
73k miles
comfort package/19" 5-spoke wheels/luxury value edition/RWD
accident free, 1 local owner (after another local rich guy kicked the tires for two months, 2k and traded it in), immaculate interior (prev. garaged), all service done and then some (maint. records longer than a career criminal rap sheet)
paid $17,500
hard to find flaws on the body, save 1 on lower grille, will look insane after I detail her
post-sale: 35% tint around, 50% tinted windshield; currently eyeing F-sport black spoke rims

Last edited by clydelexus; 06-07-19 at 04:02 PM. Reason: details added
The following 2 users liked this post by clydelexus:
LexNYC83 (04-08-20), SRLaserguy (01-10-20)
Old 06-08-19, 07:04 PM
hardtopte7
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone. I have been a Toyota guy for the last 15 or so years and just recently purchased my 11th Toyota/1st Lexus. I'm also a Supermod on Toyotanation there and spend a LOT of time there. I also own a 2005 Sequoia, 2005 Corolla, 1988 Cressida, 1982 Corolla.

The car is a 2008 LS460 RWD with navigation, parking assist, ML system, and what appears to be some sort of comfort package. Black exterior and interior with standard wheels. The car has door panel/dash issues and a broken trunk so i got a really good deal on it. Has 78K on it and I just did the following

Weathertech Floor and Trunk liners
Denso Designer wiper blades
Metal oil filter cap
Cabin filter and engine air filters
Synthetic oil change

I'm waiting on the trunk latch assembly to fix that and complete the trunk closing issue and gummy switch issue. I will also be taking it into Lexus for the door panels, dash, and glove box in the next week. I preemptively purchased a fuel pump reseal kit and will do that as soon as possible. The only upgrades I plan on doing is the GROM V-Line2 system and maybe a different set of OEM Toyota/Lexus wheels. Pics to come soon

This is by far the nicest, fastest, and most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned. I have been LS shopping for a while and I'm glad to have found this one.

Last edited by hardtopte7; 06-08-19 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-16-19, 09:21 PM
Bugdad
Driver School Candidate

Default Warren

2008 LE460 Base. Silver / Grey
New to me. Have always wanted an LS.
Old 06-20-19, 12:21 PM
NOTNED28
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile New to ls

Just bought a 2013 Obsidian/Ivory LS460 in March. I love this car. 43k and in Great Shape.
Options are:
BM: Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert CK: All Weather Pkg: Windshield-wiper deicer/headlamp CP: Comfort Package: Climate-comfort front seats, EF: Rear Bumper Applique FT: 19" 15-spoke alloy wheels with all-season tires GN: Cargo Net
KG: Smart Access Key Gloves LM: Trunk Mat WL: Wheel Locks WR: Heated Wood Steering Wheel Z2: Cargo Net, Trunk Mat, Whl Locks & Rear Bumper App
What a fantastic driving car.
I also own a 2006 GS300 I bought new with 71k on it now.
Here are some pics.

LexNYC83 (04-08-20)
Old 06-20-19, 12:43 PM
NOTNED28
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 ls460

Before detail

Before the detail

After detail looks like a “MIRROR”

Detailed and very slick now

Borrowed neighbors driveway while I clean out my three car garage
Congrats from another Toyota Guy. Been in Toyota for 39 years. I have upgraded my 2005 Avalon Limited to a 2014 LS460.

Last edited by NOTNED28; 06-20-19 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Add pics
LexNYC83 (04-08-20)
Old 06-20-19, 11:06 PM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg here, just bought my bucket list LS 460 (2009) in Sapphire Black with Ivory interior, ML audio and I think the comfort package. She has 83,000 miles on clock. My wife calls this my midlife crisis car (I just turned 40), Oh Wow! I need to pinch myself every morning. What an unbelievable car, it's staggering...!

My early morning view
FirstLS460 (11-24-21)
Old 06-23-19, 07:30 PM
NOTNED28
Driver School Candidate

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Greg! I know how you feel. The LS is a an awesome vehicle. After driving my 2013 with 43k for a month I decided to upgrade my daily driver. ‘05 Avalon Limited. Started looking for a clean 10-12 LS.
While on vacation in Orlando, ran across a 2014 75k
like new. Bought it and drove it home to Texas. Both cars at identical except for year. I still pinch myself so I won’t wake up from a dream.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!