LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-18, 01:04 PM
Umberto619
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Humberto
2008 ls460
mercury metallic ext./ light gray interior
Old 01-14-18, 01:17 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums Humberto!
The following users liked this post:
Umberto619 (01-14-18)
Old 01-22-18, 07:49 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey there . . member for a while.
Had LS 400 and 2001 GS300 in the past.
Now a 2015 LX570

I'm about to pick up a 2014 LS 460 F-SPORT

- Ultra White / Flaxen / All Weather Pkg / Blind spot Monitor / F SPORT comfort Pkg / F-SPORT Pkg / LED Headlamps / Mark Levinson / Cargo Net - Trunk Mat - Wheel Locks - Bumper App

Just turned over 20,000 - about as flawless as a used car can be.

Wondering if there is a LS460 F-SPORT specific thread - group on CL - or other websites?

Thanks
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 01-24-18, 04:17 AM
Ronin1
Driver School Candidate

Default Traded UP

Well, we pulled the trigger and traded the LS430L for a '08 LS460 BASE. What a difference. Got into the LS line from Lincoln's, and the change was remarkable. I expected some refinements from the 430 but not this. The 460 base is just as advertised, a magic carpet. Refined but a Charger killer under the hood if you know what you are doing. I can only imagine wha t paddle shifters and adjustable pedals would do to make it better. The Central Texas side roads are no problem at near felony level velocity. And this car is bone stock. Have a I-10 trip planned soon (speed limit prudent areas) and can't wait.
ML sound
19" aluminum wheels/tires
charcole/dove grey/black wood
base electronics,tpms,heat/cooled/vented seats,
Old 01-27-18, 10:50 AM
ConradS
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone. Good morning/afternoon from Calgary Alberta. I've recently purchased a wrecked 2009 LS460 AWD. It had been rear ended pretty good, and I ended up getting it for a heck of a good price. Over the next month or two, I plan on replacing the trunk, bumper, brace, etc and getting her back on the road. - Ultimately upgrading from my 2005 Avalon. (Apolgies for the large photos. I'm not too sure how to downsize them). I should also mention that I'm a long-time lurker, as I was thinking about bringing over an LS430 from Japan when I bought the Avalon - ultimately deciding that cruise control is too important to me. Thanks,
Conrad

Old 01-27-18, 07:34 PM
462HO
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally got a chance to take some of my own pics of my 2012 LS 460 Starfire with Parchment, Comfort Package, ML, 19" 5 spokes. I need to get it tinted soon, will look a lot better.
This is a great site! I have already learned a lot, changing a/c filter, etc.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-6.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-7.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-9-fixed.jpg  
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 02-17-18, 06:18 PM
rneteorite
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello all, just picked up a 2007 Lexus LS460L. I've always loved the car since my girlfriend's brother had one a while back. Finally found the one(lucky I did) because I was going to get a new BMW. Hope to learn a lot here on the forum. Cheers!

LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 02-23-18, 08:49 PM
AlfonsoLs
Driver School Candidate

Old 03-23-18, 01:43 PM
DuneDain
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up this gem earlier this morning! 2011 Obsidian AWD SWB with a black interior. Doesn't have every option but it had all the options that I wanted like primarily Mark Levinson audio and AWD. Only has 45000 original miles and all the maintenance was preventative done at either lexus of maplewood or lexus of wayzata. Has the 3m clear film and I will be getting the Smartshield applied next Wednesday. This is my third Lexus vehicle I had a 1997 es300 which had very basic options, then upgraded to a 2007 es350 ultra luxury with every conceivable option and now this! This car has been babied and I've been looking to pick one up for quite some time, so psyched to join the LS club! Got her for 26400 which I think was a pretty good price they had it listed for 27900.
The following 3 users liked this post by DuneDain:
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22), Daybo (03-26-18), LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 03-25-18, 11:49 AM
AZLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2013 LS460 Obsidian
Black Leather with Shimamoku Expresso trim
Ultra Luxury Package
Mark Levinson Audio
Blind Spot Monitor package
Old 03-26-18, 09:06 PM
Daybo
10th Gear

Hello Everyone, I'm new so please be patient . I've been a Lincoln Town car & a few 1980's Cads. owner. This unit has 103 K. drives like a new car. I am looking forward to this new adventure. This automobile =2008 LS 460 =base. with 103K miles. Dealer serviced, & Drives like New ! Thank You for Club Lexus.
Old 04-09-18, 10:19 PM
Loc9
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, very much a proud new owner of my latest resume of vehicles.

2007 LS 460
Dark Blue exterior
lovely light tan interior
18" chrome rims

So humble for this LS 460 by far my latest pride and joy. Based out of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Old 04-16-18, 04:35 PM
darcys
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone
my name is Darcy and I am the new proud owner of a 2014 LS 460. It is an AWD with the full Navigation package ( I think) . I have not taken physical receipt of the vehicle yet. I pick it up in two weeks from a dealer out in the cold canadian prairies. I am going to drive it back to the wet coast and hope I don't hit too much snow in the mountains. I have been searching for about 8 months. There are not a lot of these around, at least not good ones. This one is NEbula Grey with black interior and has about 30,000 miles on it. Powertrain warranty is good to July of 2020.

I have been searching on the forums for issues and it sounds like they are fairly problem free (which is why I bought it). I want htis car to be around for a very long time, so quality of build and maintenance cost was an issue. The only concern I have is the comofrt of the drivers seat. I have seen some pretty negative things on that issue. I am 6'3" and 250lbs, so a bit concerning. I have some Sciatica pain at times, so I would be lying if I said I was not a bit apprehensive. Sounds like some people have added padding to try and address. Well, I guess I will find out pretty quickly with a two drive happening shortly. If anyone has any suggestions for a short term fix in case its bad on the drive, I would love to hear it. Might just buy a pillow if I have to :-)
Other than that, I am totally stoked about the car!!
cheers
Darcy
Old 04-23-18, 09:24 AM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Just purchased a 2011 LS460. Mercury Metalic with black interior. It has the navigation, comfort package and factory chrome wheels. So far so good!

Russ
Old 04-27-18, 03:00 PM
tlin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in....done lurking/reading/learning/searching - my first post with CL can now happen since I just bought an '07 Base today (83K miles) - Gray Mica, light gray interior; Comfort PLUS, ML Audio, parking assist, Nav, 3M clear bra (mirrors and door edges too), other goodies...

Cons:
  • Door ding on DS front door - it's creased so I doubt a vacuum-pull can resolve this
  • Slight flutter (brake pedal feel) under freeway speed braking....otherwise firm and steady
  • Wind noise via A-Pillar triangles still there but at least I already know what to do about it - thx CL!!!
Pros:
  • One owner LOCAL TO ME (AZ so no snow/rust)
  • 100% full service history via Lexus owners' site
  • ALL flaws with the '07 CL has helped bring to my attention thru my due diligence have been dealer-resolved/replaced over time (e.g. valve springs, brake actuator, wind noise attempted to be fixed via new front windows, ML amp, squeaky glove box, front control arms, amongst others....PO was VERY meticulous about his vehicle service)
  • My youngest LOVES the reclining rear seat, waiting to show to our oldest later today....
  • DRIVES and LOOKS great!
Plans:
  • Wind noise and brake "flutter"
  • Investigate possibility of door ding repair
  • Oliver Enterprises exhaust mod
  • Get a bunch of my own music added to the HDD
  • Stay on top of scheduled maintenance, nothing needed for a couple thousand miles (transition to DIY - I actually like doing a lot of this stuff....)
  • Learn it, drive it, enjoy it
Hoping/expecting to get many years/miles out of this. Thanks for all the invaluable info on the site - cheers!

Pics from the For Sale Ad (long live Craigslist!)....

LexNYC83 (04-07-20)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!