LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 10:15 AM
jayvigor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello From Cali

Jason Vassar
Vehicle: 2008 LS460 L
Exterior Color: Dark Grey
Interior Color: Black
Mark Levinson Stereo with Navigation

Just put some rims on the car and would like it to ride a little lower.. Looking for so advise..

The following users liked this post:
Ogun360 (01-23-21)
Old 03-04-17, 04:03 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Natelw
Ha just as I suspected this LS is actually Starfire Pearl (paint code 077) and not Ultra White. Sad when I can get it right from a picture only and a dealer can't get it right at all
The paint code is on the mfg's plate in the door jam (if you have access to the car physically, of course).

Here is a great reference on Toyota and Lexus paint colors with codes and names....

http://www.toyotareference.com/lexusls/2007-2017
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 03-20-17, 07:59 AM
altoreid
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile New Member

Alton Reid Portland, OR

2010 LS460L RWD w/o air suspension 75k on the clock
Black on black
245/45/19 5 spoke chrome wheels
Mark Levinson sound system
Old 03-20-17, 02:11 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by altoreid
Alton Reid Portland, OR

2010 LS460L RWD w/o air suspension 75k on the clock
Black on black
245/45/19 5 spoke chrome wheels
Mark Levinson sound system
Hello Alton, welcome to CL. Looks like you have a great car, and many years and miles of driving enjoyment. Remember though, no pics or it didn't happen .
Old 03-26-17, 07:57 PM
spitfirefd
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie here

Hi all....
Just bought a 2011 LS460 sport. with 89k miles on it. This is my first Lexus and love the car
Exterior. Smoky granite mica
Interior. Black/Saddle tan

I also wrote a post on here with some questions about maintenance/issues and what to expect.
Thanks
Jay

Last edited by spitfirefd; 03-26-17 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add picture
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22)
Old 03-26-17, 09:23 PM
altoreid
Driver School Candidate

Default First Time Lexus Owner

Greetings from the Wet and Overcast Northwest !

So the story goes, honey I need a daily driver. I am tired of driving my manual transmission pickup.
Let's buy an old ls400. Suppose be solid and reliable cars. Convinced (begged) my wife in driving to Yelm, WA and test driving a ls400. Didn't go well. The used car salesman commented to my wife how many bags of groceries she could put in the trunk. She told the salesman she didn't care how many bags of grocery she could put in the trunk. All she cared about it was big enough to put her recently decreased husband in it for dragging her to Yelm for a 5 min test drive in a f'ing old car. We left and I promptly took her to the coast for the weekend.
OK honey maybe a ls400 is too old of a car. I think we need to buy a ls430. Wife said she wasn't going out of the local area to test drive one. Sounds great honey, Next day we drove an older ls430 at a used car lot. She loved the car and wanted to buy. No honey this car is over priced, electrical problems,, vin numbers are missing on driver door and fender, and I want a car with the original owners manual in the glove box, service records, and all the fobs and keys. Decode: Frustrated wife.
We test drove a few more newer ls430s. Nice cars, but people are holding up the prices on well maintained ones. Most were over due for timing belt service and/or needing the air suspension fixed.
My wife said let's go to the Lexus dealer, I noticed on their website they have a used ls430 forsale that has under 100k miles.
Do you know where this story is going ? The table is slowly being turned on me.
We went to the Lexus dealer and of course the ls430 was just sold. The sales person asked if we would be interested in looking at a ls460. Wife responds, yes we would. She test drove a very nice used ls460. END OF STORY.

Northwest Wet Look
Old 03-27-17, 08:39 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Altoreid, congrats on the new car purchase, and welcome to CL! Looks like your wife was mightily impressed with the 460L. It looks like a pre-2010 model. You must have gotten a really good deal to not have to shop around before you bought this car. Please share more details (mileage, price, options etc.) and more pics!
Old 03-27-17, 12:22 PM
GHARP57
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome Altoreid! My brother lives in Portland. I helped him move out there and it was sunny all 3 days I was there! Looks like you got a great vehicle and you are not deceased so a win/win! Gotta follow up with como and give us some more details and let us see that beautiful interior!
Old 03-27-17, 05:16 PM
altoreid
Driver School Candidate

Default Wife Happy Worth The Price

The story ended early, because the ending was the same.
Did we shop around and drive a few more ls460s ? Yes
My wife and I were driving down I5 to Sacramento to purchase a craigslist one owner, all white
2006 ls430. Site unseen. What was I thinking. Drinking tooo much Lexus elixer. Wife driving and I am surfing
the Web for car deals and I find a 2010 Lexus ls460l w/o air suspension black/black with little over 72k on the clock at a Lexus dealer. Drove immediately to the dealer. The car was just traded in (on a lx suv) and not touched or detailed yet by the dealer for resale. Best way to see a used car before you buy it. Super nice sales associate grabbed the keys and we test drove the car.
Wife and I love the car, but we didn't think it would fit in the garage. Too long. Soo we told the sales associate thank you for the test drive, but it won't fit in our garage. I am sure the sales associate hadn't heard that line before. On we drove south and spent the night in Medford. The next day at breakfast my wife and I decided we were nuts driving south to buy a car site unseen. We turned around drove back to the dealership to test drive the ls460l again and I would be hauling out the sawsall to lengthen the garage. Bought the car with barely a few inches to spare in the garage.

The car had lived in southern California with good Lexus service records. The font suspension components were replaced around 52k, water pump hasn't been replaced, car has a history of premature tear wear, new battery and MXM tires.
The dealer replace a lower front ball joint for us because the boot was leaking grease. This problem was pointed out to us when we took the car to a Toyota dealership for a third party pre buy inspection. That was the only problem that was found. I did notice the coolant level was at the low mark but he Toyota and Lexus service manager didn't seem too concern. Take note of this if you are experiencing coolant loss (valley plate or water pump is leaking) and heater is blowing cold air at low rpms. (I replaced the coolant reservoir cap (Stant 10254) which resolved my coolant loss problem and no heat at low rpms)
We are very pleased with the car even though we love our LT Suburban. No it doesn't fit in the garage.
I try to do all my own maintenance on our cars. I will and have posted a few diy maintenance things hopefully in the proper threads. The routine maintenance is very easy to do if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty.
The first diy mistake I made was replacing the factory wipers with new super duper RainX wipers. They work great but you see ugly rectangular chunks of black plastic where the wiper attaches to the arm when you look at the windshield. Ugh !
I am definitely going to put back on the factory wiper blades and just buy the wiper refills from the dealer.
Thank you all for taking the time and supporting this a great community.

Happy motoring !
Alton Reid
Old 03-30-17, 06:00 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Default New Member First Post

I bought a 2007 LS460L last month and I read this Forum daily. I love my Car. I have the Audiovox Screens in the headrest and now, I'm on a hunt to find the manual for this system. The headphones need to be replaced because the foam pads are falling apart. I also have the Calibre Radar system. I've learned alot about this car here on this site. Thanks.
Old 04-09-17, 10:11 PM
VancityLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Canadian 2013 Lexus LS 460 AWD

Greetings CL fam!

I'm new to the forum as well as a new Lexus owner. I picked up my LS earlier this year and I've got big plans for it - just in due time.
The ultimate goal for this car is a clean VIP Style, nothing too flashy but pleasing to the eye - it'll be a daily driver for work.

Some little stuff I've done so far are (from order):
  • 20% 3M tint for rear and windshield strip
  • Gloss black vinyl roof wrap including antenna done by Wrapworkz Vancouver
  • VIP Style LED puddle lights wired n hooked up by BPG Audio Richmond
  • Coming soon: Skipper Lowering Links, will be installed by Performance One Richmond
Vehicle Specs
  • Model Year: 2013
  • Model: LS 460 AWD
  • Exterior Colour: Eminent White Pearl
  • Interior Colour: Premium Black Leather
  • Package: Technology Package
What's next?
The lowering links were just a temporary fix while I figure out the factory bags situation. Aftermarket bag systems are way out of my price budget for this vehicle, so the DataSystems Air Suspension Module is on the list. Rims will define the car, goals are VIP Modular rims (Any of the VR series, really.) or the Vossen VWS 1 with step-lip.
Then I plan on winning the lottery and Aimgain everything, AMIRIGHT?

And finally, some pictures of the progress

The following 2 users liked this post by VancityLS:
LexNYC83 (04-07-20), Ogun360 (01-23-21)
Old 04-11-17, 02:48 PM
llll1lll1
Driver School Candidate

Cleaned up
New (2nd) owner of:

2012 LS460L Silver with Black interior.
ML and 19" wheels only.

Runs smooooth!

Last edited by llll1lll1; 04-11-17 at 02:52 PM.
Ogun360 (01-23-21)
Old 04-14-17, 05:43 AM
EDR22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Lexus LS 460

2017 model 9106A
Exterior Obsidian
Interior Flaxen
Old 04-24-17, 11:16 AM
aw001
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Greetings from midwest!

Alex W
Vehicle: 2014 LS460 AWD
Exterior Color: Obsidian
Interior Color: Gray

Anyway, I have been lurking for the past 1-2 months and finally had the time to get the most pressing things i wanted done. So far; Left B-pillar changed and driver car seat repaired. Windows also tinted, tires changed and ceramic coating done. And finally, a picture!

Alex.
Old 04-29-17, 01:52 PM
SDLS460
Driver School Candidate

Hello CL. New LS460 owner. Sold my FJ cruiser (for good money) and switched to a more nice and smooth ride.

Vehicle: 2014 LS460 Fsport
White exterior w/black interior
Vossen VFS-1 22"
Stock air suspension with data controller.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-dsc_0204.jpg  
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!