LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

AM/FM Radio Station Help 13+ w/ NAV

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-16, 11:00 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default AM/FM Radio Station Help 13+ w/ NAV

Okay so I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I can't seem to set any of my AM stations in the car. When selecting the AM button I do get the last AM station played but using the channel up or down button only gets me to whatever is on the page and that's the FM presets. It should work like this: Hit the AM tab and all the AM presets come up, hit the FM tab and all the FM presets come up but it seems they all will stay on the 1/6 -6/6 tabs only regardless of whether I select the AM or FM tab.

I know AM is not even a popular choice these days but part of my commute here on the island leaves me out of any FM signals and I like to get the news and traffic updates in the morning.

I tried the manual but all they tell you is the traditional press and hold a button to set it. Trouble is I can't sort the presets between buttons.
Old 02-01-16, 11:12 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

On my 13, the list can be made up of all different sources, am, fm, sat, and hd radio optional channels. Go to AM, then use the dial opposite to the volume **** on the head unit to adjust the frequency, then move the mouse to one of the presets and push and hold, it will assign to that location.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Joe
Old 02-01-16, 11:21 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

That's what I did. But then that preset stays when I toggle over the the FM tab.

What I'd like to do is have 6 presets for AM and 6/12 for FM so that selecting each tab will get me to the submenu of presets just like my previous LS and current '15 Tacoma.
Old 02-01-16, 01:01 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

How about getting satellite. It's not very expensive if you go with the 5 months at a time plan.
Old 02-01-16, 01:23 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by R Z
How about getting satellite. It's not very expensive if you go with the 5 months at a time plan.
Oh I'd love to if it wasn't for that whole living on an island in the middle of the pacificdeal....

And for those of you who didn't know we don't get the apps or access to Lexus drivers.com etc. We are figuratively and literally on an island here.
Old 02-02-16, 07:36 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Oh I'd love to if it wasn't for that whole living on an island in the middle of the pacificdeal....

And for those of you who didn't know we don't get the apps or access to Lexus drivers.com etc. We are figuratively and literally on an island here.
I looked it up and all you can do is stream satellite. Wow. It's tough living in paradise!
Old 02-02-16, 08:21 AM
jamodeo

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
That's what I did. But then that preset stays when I toggle over the the FM tab.

What I'd like to do is have 6 presets for AM and 6/12 for FM so that selecting each tab will get me to the submenu of presets just like my previous LS and current '15 Tacoma.
As far as I am aware, you are not able to do that. The preset list is always the same 36 presets.

-Joe
Old 02-02-16, 11:57 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jamodeo
As far as I am aware, you are not able to do that. The preset list is always the same 36 presets.

-Joe
Bummer! Makes no sense to me but thanks for that. Seems silly to have to get through all 6 pages while driving. Even my older Lexuses has FM1/2
Old 02-02-16, 12:02 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

ok, 13 gives you 6 sets of 6 presets. they are mix n match. as far as not being able to program AM stations, try rebooting the system and see if it does anything. never seen this problem before so its a wild shot in the dark guess. push and hold the volume button and let the system completely cycle thru till you see the bottup screen again. try that and see if it changes anything. ill research it in the meantime.

note. presets can not be deleted with out a hard reset. only overriden
Old 02-02-16, 12:22 PM
jamodeo

Originally Posted by Stereorob
ok, 13 gives you 6 sets of 6 presets. they are mix n match. as far as not being able to program AM stations, try rebooting the system and see if it does anything. never seen this problem before so its a wild shot in the dark guess. push and hold the volume button and let the system completely cycle thru till you see the bottup screen again. try that and see if it changes anything. ill research it in the meantime.

note. presets can not be deleted with out a hard reset. only overriden
I just think he wants to go to AM tab and have all his AM presets, separate from his FM presets, which I don't believe is possible, its always the same list for each tab.

-Joe
Old 02-02-16, 12:34 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jamodeo
I just think he wants to go to AM tab and have all his AM presets, separate from his FM presets, which I don't believe is possible, its always the same list for each tab.

-Joe
Correct Joe thanks! Don't you think it's odd to have folders that have no link to a sub-folder? Very frustrating! I mean hitting the Am tab to only have the original 6 presets there? Useless!
Old 02-02-16, 12:53 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

oh, wait no you can do that! just scroll to the set desired and add all am stations to your presets.. am i missing something?
Old 02-02-16, 01:02 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stereorob
oh, wait no you can do that! just scroll to the set desired and add all am stations to your presets.. am i missing something?
I did scroll to the set, let's say AM for this example. The 6 presets under the folders, let's call them the subfolder doesn't change. So using the "mouse" won;t get me the presets. Nor will using the up/down button on the steering wheel. I know on my brand new Tacoma I can customize each subfolder for each header AM and FM and I can even choose how many of those subfolder positions as well which is another neat way to organize for those of us who don;t even have access to 36 stations????
Old 02-02-16, 01:30 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Try putting all News stations of all bands in one set of six (6) stations and
then put six (6) Sports channels in the next bundle and
then put 6 off your Music choices followed by 6 more of partners type...

Use the rocker switch (between the Map & Menu buttons) to choose grouping
use the Up/Down buttons on the left steering wheel spoke to select within group.

Don't forget you can adjust the Sound settings Bass/Mid/Treble for each source.
Old 02-02-16, 01:40 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mcomer
Try putting all News stations of all bands in one set of six (6) stations and
then put six (6) Sports channels in the next bundle and
then put 6 off your Music choices followed by 6 more of partners type...

Use the rocker switch (between the Map & Menu buttons) to choose grouping
use the Up/Down buttons on the left steering wheel spoke to select within group.

Don't forget you can adjust the Sound settings Bass/Mid/Treble for each source.
Interesting tip. Moving between the groups might be a workaround, thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: AM/FM Radio Station Help 13+ w/ NAV