LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Owner...1st Post!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 10:09 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by XF40FSPORT

Here's a few crappy cell phone pics.

I love everything about the car minus the chrome wheels. I guess I have to wait 30 days before I can post a WTT thread for standard f sport color. If not, I'll get them powder coated.
PS I still like the chrome wheels on your car. Looks classy to me. Hopefully you decide to keep them awhile before blasting and coating them. I will say it's original as I haven't seen another set. If you didn't live across an ocean I'd actually consider a trade.
Old 03-01-16, 06:41 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

What's up CL! I just took delivery of a CPO '13 460 FSport last night.

I've been a part of Acurazine for the past 9 years, as I was driving a TL.

I look forward to connecting with Lexus enthusiasts on CL!

Cheers
Glad to see other Acurazine members making the transition/upgrade to a RWD platform
Old 03-01-16, 08:22 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Glad to see other Acurazine members making the transition/upgrade to a RWD platform
Thank you, sir!

At times, I still miss the driving experience of shifting gears in my old 6spd manual TL, but No regrets upgrading to the LS.

CL has been nothing but a great resource for me. I've done more posts in 1 month here than I did in the 9 yrs on AZine. Lol
Old 03-01-16, 08:24 AM
pmlexus
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great I love the FSport LS that will be my next upgrade in a couple of years when the price comes down.
Old 03-01-16, 10:32 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you, sir!

At times, I still miss the driving experience of shifting gears in my old 6spd manual TL, but No regrets upgrading to the LS.

CL has been nothing but a great resource for me. I've done more posts in 1 month here than I did in the 9 yrs on AZine. Lol
Have you tried using the paddle shifters yet? If so what are your impressions?
Old 03-01-16, 02:43 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Have you tried using the paddle shifters yet? If so what are your impressions?
I have, and I don't see myself using under "normal" conditions. "Normal" meaning city and freeway driving.

Although I think the concept of paddle shifting is cool, there's no substitute to driving a manual transmission. I periodically find myself reaching for the clutch while turning the car on. One day when I retire, I'll get a nice sports car w/ a manual tranny.

What are your thoughts on paddle shifting?
Old 03-01-16, 05:11 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase! That's a major upgrade from a TL.

I recently traded a black 2007 BMW M5 to a 2013 LS 460 AWD in pearl white also. As I get older, I want more luxury and comfort. Haha
Old 03-01-16, 05:25 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Congrats on the new purchase! That's a major upgrade from a TL.

I recently traded a black 2007 BMW M5 to a 2013 LS 460 AWD in pearl white also. As I get older, I want more luxury and comfort. Haha
Thanks! Likewise!!

Yeah, my TL became a part of me, so to speak. After 10 yrs, I knew her better than my wife. Lol.

I have a growing family, so needed the extra space for another car seat (coming in Oct '16).

What are your thoughts changing from German luxury to Lexus, or is there even a comparison, being that you had a M5?
Old 03-01-16, 05:43 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Congrats again! I have a 16 month old daughter, and I live in Chicago so AWD was a must for me when I planned to trade the M5. I was thinking of Audi S6 and E63 AMG, but decided that I didn't want to deal with German cars for now. So I settled for the LS plus the wife has a 2015 RX 350.

Let put it this way, the M5 was a high maintenance ******! As she aged, she got even more demanding. Haha
She demanded so much maintenance and a heavy drinker(~10 mpg), but she was so hot and so powerful!

I used a launch control before I traded it (never tried in 2 years of ownership), and I think my wife and I lost a few heartbeats. It was freaking fast. It burnt tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear! I missed it dearly, but it's time to get a more reliable car.

Old 03-01-16, 05:52 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Congrats again! I have a 16 month old daughter, and I live in Chicago so AWD was a must for me when I planned to trade the M5. I was thinking of Audi S6 and E63 AMG, but decided that I didn't want to deal with German cars for now. So I settled for the LS plus the wife has a 2015 RX 350.

Let put it this way, the M5 was a high maintenance ******! As she aged, she got even more demanding. Haha
She demanded so much maintenance and a heavy drinker(~10 mpg), but she was so hot and so powerful!

I used a launch control before I traded it (never tried in 2 years of ownership), and I think my wife and I lost a few heartbeats. It was freaking fast. It burnt tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear! I missed it dearly, but it's time to get a more reliable car.

Got it! I like your choice of words. LMAO

Welcome to CL, & don't be a stranger!!
Old 03-01-16, 06:11 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

"Settled" seems like such a sacrifice. With my 2013 F Sport being my fourth LS since 1994 seems like maybe you've been missing out all these years.
Old 03-01-16, 06:25 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Haha. I'm a car enthusiast and not brand fanboy, and I don't discriminate one brand from another. You seem to be a Lexus fanboy just like my older brother. He dislikes German cars so much and worships Lexus cars.
Old 03-01-16, 06:45 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

What can I say? I got hooked on the LS and have been so pleased that I didn't bother to look at the Germans. My loss, perhaps. Maybe I've been missing out.(?) Edit: I should add that my 2006 LS 430, which is now for sale, aside from routine maintenance, has only had a water pump replaced (free under warranty) and just recently, a radiator replaced over the last ten years.

Last edited by Scrutator; 03-01-16 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-02-16, 09:20 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

If anyone's BMW experiences are/were anything like mine, they'll never drive one again. To call my 7 series and X5 "high maintenance", is an understatement. I always said BMW ownership was like "being married to a Sex-addicted supermodel, with a 500 dollar per day cocaine habit."
Old 03-02-16, 09:47 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by roadfrog
If anyone's BMW experiences are/were anything like mine, they'll never drive one again. To call my 7 series and X5 "high maintenance", is an understatement. I always said BMW ownership was like "being married to a Sex-addicted supermodel, with a 500 dollar per day cocaine habit."
LOL. Great analogy!

I was originally going for an Audi A7. My wife's cousin works at Audi & talked us completely out of buying German luxury. He said it's good for a lease, but if I was to buy one, in due time, I'll be F'ed with repair costs. Same story for BMW 535, that I was also considering. He's the reason I bought a Lexus.

Quick Reply: New Owner...1st Post!!