ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Out of State Lexus CPO (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/804900-out-of-state-lexus-cpo.html)

Drewski123 12-01-15 07:56 AM

Out of State Lexus CPO

I'm sorry, but I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. I wanted to ask a few questions regarding Lexus's CPO program. Mainly, if I find a car out of state and it is CPO, I will not have a problem with warranty when I bring it home, correct? And my Lexus dealer will give me the same price, as if I bought a CPO vehicle off of their lot, correct?

Are there any downsides to purchasing a CPO car out of state?

enoch861 12-01-15 09:01 AM

CPO cars can be serviced at any Lexus dealer in the US.
If you buy an out of state CPO vehicle, you might not be able to get it for the same price as it is on the lot outside the state. You might be able to work it out with your sales advisor to keep costs the same but there are shipping costs, etc, associated with having an in-state dealer help you buy from an out of state dealer.
No real downside to buying a CPO car out of state.

Drewski123 12-01-15 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by enoch861 (Post 9271678)
CPO cars can be serviced at any Lexus dealer in the US.
If you buy an out of state CPO vehicle, you might not be able to get it for the same price as it is on the lot outside the state. You might be able to work it out with your sales advisor to keep costs the same but there are shipping costs, etc, associated with having an in-state dealer help you buy from an out of state dealer.
No real downside to buying a CPO car out of state.

Thanks sir! I'd go pick it up myself and drive it back. I just wanted to make sure everything would transfer without a problem and see if any potential issues I could have ran into

CJITTY 12-01-15 09:58 AM

I did same thing...CPO gives you coverage at any Lexus dealer, so enjoy that road trip back in the new ride. But whatever you do, MAKE SURE that the CPO is registered in their system before you drive off the lot. Mine wasn't at first so I had to jump through some hoops with Lexus Customer service to have the selling dealer update the system to allow the local dealer to work on it under CPO.

Drewski123 12-01-15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by CJITTY (Post 9271737)
I did same thing...CPO gives you coverage at any Lexus dealer, so enjoy that road trip back in the new ride. But whatever you do, MAKE SURE that the CPO is registered in their system before you drive off the lot. Mine wasn't at first so I had to jump through some hoops with Lexus Customer service to have the selling dealer update the system to allow the local dealer to work on it under CPO.

Oh nice call! Thanks for the heads up on that!

Chuckinnj 12-02-15 02:20 PM

TIP! Before you sign "the bottom line" on a CPO car tell them you want the NAV updated......... This is NOT part of the CPO check list but is nice to have this done instead of finding out the NAV is outdated and the dealer wants $300 to do the update....... The salesman put the list in front of me and said: "Look at the list and you will see that updating the NAV is NOT on the check list."
This is one thing I missed when negotiating the deal on my 2012 CPO and I feel this should have been done as part of the CPO check list..... Got the car home and then 10 days later I found the NAV was not updated.
Sad that my dealer would NOT do this on a $45k purchase that would have been less than a 1/2 hour to do........ So much for Lexus "customer satisfaction."