LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Craftline

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 09:36 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Craftline

Anyone on here have a LS460 FSport Craftline?

Pictures and feelings about it?
Old 08-03-15, 10:40 PM
1LSsport
Driver

Originally Posted by nyczdave

I got one a month ago for the wifey. I will try to take some pictures of it this week.
Old 08-04-15, 05:35 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear there are some crazy good lease programs on it right now too
Old 08-04-15, 08:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Not a huge fan of the Crafted line in general, but especially not on the LS. It just doesn't suit the mature character of the LS IMHO with the red contrasted seats. black wheels and trim, etc. I feel the same way about the ES.

I don't feel that way about the F Sport LS, just the crafted model.
Old 08-04-15, 10:25 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1LSsport
I got one a month ago for the wifey. I will try to take some pictures of it this week.
Wow, thats a nice gift for the wife. Yes, please share.

How does she like it so far?
Old 08-04-15, 10:26 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silvaIS
I hear there are some crazy good lease programs on it right now too
Do you know what quotes have you been getting for it?
Old 08-04-15, 10:28 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Not a huge fan of the Crafted line in general, but especially not on the LS. It just doesn't suit the mature character of the LS IMHO with the red contrasted seats. black wheels and trim, etc. I feel the same way about the ES.

I don't feel that way about the F Sport LS, just the crafted model.
Im still not 100% sure I feel about the black side view mirrors and door handles, but i really do love the touch of red in the interior and the blacked our rims. I think it gives it the extra sporty look.
Old 08-04-15, 10:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

That's just it...it's not a sporty car. Not even a little bit, even in F Sport trim.
Old 08-04-15, 10:46 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just sat in my coworkers 2012 LS (extra long) and I'm in absolute bliss. The room in that car! Aya! If I can pay off a few bills that will be our third. Amazing car from everything he's told me about so far. Doors close by themselves ( last 5%) sunscreens blocked on back passenger windows. M&L sound system. Yeah, that's a nice car.
Old 08-05-15, 05:47 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I kind of like it, I'm not the biggest fan of the black side mirrors but everything else looks pretty neat. Its different, and nice to see Lexus expanding its crafted offerings outside of Japan. Check out how custom you can get your LS in Japan!

-Joe
Old 08-05-15, 11:09 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
That's just it...it's not a sporty car. Not even a little bit, even in F Sport trim.
Agreed. And those that drive the so called sporty version of other luxury cars are not a sports car either yet I have family members and their wives refer to them as such and it makes me want to choke on a bread stick. Your four thousand pound car with a massive engine is not a "sports car".

The proper terminology should be super sedan. The car industry makes in a generic fashion what the lame down public wants so they can buy into a piece of automotive culture only to complain about how their Brembo brakes squeal and why their fake exhaust tips don't get dirty while their real ones do.

Last edited by Devh; 08-05-15 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-07-15, 11:08 AM
1LSsport
Driver

Here are the pictures plus my weekend car.

Old 08-07-15, 01:45 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Agreed. And those that drive the so called sporty version of other luxury cars are not a sports car either yet I have family members and their wives refer to them as such and it makes me want to choke on a bread stick. Your four thousand pound car with a massive engine is not a "sports car".

The proper terminology should be super sedan. The car industry makes in a generic fashion what the lame down public wants so they can buy into a piece of automotive culture only to complain about how their Brembo brakes squeal and why their fake exhaust tips don't get dirty while their real ones do.
Yeeeeeeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of ... agree with ya there. Yeeeeeeah, as an owner of a Mazda RX-7 FD (for about 16 more hours), I totally don't see an LS as anything sporty. I'm kind of OK with the styling of the inside of that CraftLine. But any half measures to make an LS "sporty," by adding "name-brand" peformance brakes (and other similar things) just doesn't get it for me.

If Lexus wants to build an LS that will beat a 7 series around a racetrack, I'm down with it. But it doesn't happen with half measures. BMW is serious about their cars being a driver's car. But they inadvertently create a mechanic's car too ... at least for the 7 series. So, I'm not down with half measures. I would prefer to keep the car elegant and agree with Dev's description of "Super Sedan."
Old 08-07-15, 01:51 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just really not feeling those black door handles. Black door handles say to me "Civic DX."

I really like the interior, though, even if it's not the color I'd choose personally. Fob case is neat too.
Old 08-07-15, 02:02 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 7milesout
Yeeeeeeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of ... agree with ya there. Yeeeeeeah, as an owner of a Mazda RX-7 FD (for about 16 more hours), I totally don't see an LS as anything sporty. I'm kind of OK with the styling of the inside of that CraftLine. But any half measures to make an LS "sporty," by adding "name-brand" peformance brakes (and other similar things) just doesn't get it for me.

If Lexus wants to build an LS that will beat a 7 series around a racetrack, I'm down with it. But it doesn't happen with half measures. BMW is serious about their cars being a driver's car. But they inadvertently create a mechanic's car too ... at least for the 7 series. So, I'm not down with half measures. I would prefer to keep the car elegant and agree with Dev's description of "Super Sedan."
The FD RX7 is a real sports car build from the ground up to be one. There are a lot of other cars that pretend to be a sports car but the reality is they are GT cars made for the wife's of doctors.
You can make any car fast just by throwing money at it but there come a point where physics does not agree with luxury options.

Quick Reply: LS460 Craftline