ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Shopping for 2013 LS460 FSport w/ ML Package (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/793033-shopping-for-2013-ls460-fsport-w-ml-package.html)

nyczdave 07-31-15 09:23 AM

Shopping for 2013 LS460 FSport w/ ML Package

Just a little background, I am currently on the market for a 2013 LS460 FSport with the ML Package in either Nebula Gray, White, or Black with Black interior.

I found a dealership in NJ that has a Black on Black in inventory but after looking up the VIN on lexusdrivers.com, it looks like it had some repairs done to it. I am not too knowledgeable of what constitutes are major or concerning repairs so I am hoping you guys would be able to assist.

I see that the following was repaired recently:

Is this a major thing?
FRT AXLE HUB DISC BRK,1SIDE - DEALER RECOMMENDS REPLACING HUB AND BEARING - DEALER FOUND HUB & BEARING WORN AND MAKING EXCESSIVE NOISE DEALER REMOVED AND REPLACED HUB & BEARING

Is resurfacing the rotor sufficent? or is this something they should be replacing?
DEALER PERFORMED FRONT AND REAR ROTOR RESURFACE DEALER TO PERFORM FRONT AND REAR ROTOR RESURFACE

Is this a common problem for the LS? I see it listed multiple times.
FLOOR MAT SAFETY INSPECTION - 28728 DURING THIS VISIT WE WILL INSPECT THE DRIVER'S FLOOR MAT. LEXUS RECOMMENDS THAT ONLY ONE FLOOR MAT BE PLACED ON THE DRIVER'S FLOOR AREA. AS A PRECAUTION WE HAVE RELOCATED ANY EXTRA FLOOR MATS TO THE PASSENGER FLOOR AREA.

I also see the following repair # 0111510 listed 18Xs with no notes. Does anyone know what this means?

The dealer also mentioned that the rear bumper has a lot of dings and scuff marks and that they will repaint it for me. Will this bring down the value of the car?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave

swfla 07-31-15 10:13 AM

Bearing, floor mat, rotors no big deal. No idea what the multiple repair number is. If you want to avoid a report of painting on the car history, buy it as is and pay a shop out of pocket for painting. However, it may be noticed by a discriminating eye when it's time to trade in or sell. Save the painting receipt to prove that it was just scratches and a before repairs photo as well.

Tec80 07-31-15 10:23 AM

No concerns of any magnitude...

The Brembo brakes are absolutely incredible. These are the same front brakes installed on the new CTS-V and GT350R Mustang, 15.4" rotors with 6-piston calipers. I installed Power Stop pads and eliminated the dust and squeak issues while retaining the amazing performance. I did a few panic stops from 70 to test them out now that they are fully bedded in, and it is INSANE how fast the car stops. The disadvantage is that Wives tend to frown on brake tests like this, so you have to be alone and on a good road with nobody near you to explore just how impressive the brakes are.

nyczdave 07-31-15 11:26 AM

I did read a lot of people on this forum having issues w/ the brake squeaking.
Do you mind sharing the link where you purchased these Power Stop pads so I can look into this once I find my car?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Tec80 (Post 9133597)
No concerns of any magnitude...

The Brembo brakes are absolutely incredible. These are the same front brakes installed on the new CTS-V and GT350R Mustang, 15.4" rotors with 6-piston calipers. I installed Power Stop pads and eliminated the dust and squeak issues while retaining the amazing performance. I did a few panic stops from 70 to test them out now that they are fully bedded in, and it is INSANE how fast the car stops. The disadvantage is that Wives tend to frown on brake tests like this, so you have to be alone and on a good road with nobody near you to explore just how impressive the brakes are.

nyczdave 07-31-15 11:28 AM

Yes, I would love to avoid the bumper being painted so I am going to take a look at the car before it gets painted by the dealership. Especialy when I live in NY and people always ding up your bumper.

Originally Posted by swfla (Post 9133586)
Bearing, floor mat, rotors no big deal. No idea what the multiple repair number is. If you want to avoid a report of painting on the car history, buy it as is and pay a shop out of pocket for painting. However, it may be noticed by a discriminating eye when it's time to trade in or sell. Save the painting receipt to prove that it was just scratches and a before repairs photo as well.

Tec80 08-01-15 02:16 PM

Sure, I bought them from rockauto.com. They are $33.79, which is less than when I bought them!

Here is the link: https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...id=386&jpid=26

nyczdave 08-09-15 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tec80 (Post 9134768)
Sure, I bought them from rockauto.com. They are $33.79, which is less than when I bought them!

Here is the link: https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...id=386&jpid=26

Thanks for the link. I am about to purchase these, but just wondering is this the only thing you need to replace? I see that the pads say Wear Sensor Sold Separately. Did you buy the wear sensor too?

Thanks.
Dave

Tec80 08-09-15 10:53 AM

As long as the brake pad warning light is not illuminated, you can re-use the sensor. It is held in place by a tiny clip, then it slides out of the pad.