ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Programming TPMS with TechStream (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/778397-programming-tpms-with-techstream.html)

ctatum7 03-23-15 03:56 PM

Programming TPMS with TechStream

I have purchased the "Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software" from Amazon. I have purchased a new set of rims and was going to download the software to see if I can get my TPMS code to order new TPMS sensors.

Has anyone done this. I have an XP computer that I will try to download the program on.

Thanks

CC

ShahG 03-23-15 08:18 PM

Best if you go with QuickSet TPMS. Stores 2 sets of sensors. That way you can switch in the winter with a press of a button.

Much Easier.

Best of Luck.

CJITTY 03-23-15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ShahG (Post 8967661)
Best if you go with QuickSet TPMS. Stores 2 sets of sensors. That way you can switch in the winter with a press of a button. Much Easier. Best of Luck.

Agreed. I did an entire thread on this about my experience with photos. Search on my username and QuickSet TPMS . Can't do it with tech stream without additional parts required. Better yet, get your sensor ids from Techstream TPMS menu and order a set of cloned sensors with the same ids as your stock wheels..then you never have to worry about it. Looking back I should of done that.

ctatum7 03-24-15 07:09 AM

Thanks. Will do that Chris. Got to burn the mini cd to a regular cd since my laptop want accept the mini. The Toyota shop here was going to charge 50 bucks to reset new tpms.

lbintab 03-24-15 08:11 AM

I switch out TPMS sensors with tech scream. I have 2 sets now. One in my sponsored wheels and one in my Work Wheels. I have the sensor ID's written down in the computer and just copy/paste them as needed when I change from different sets. But you also need a scan tool to have it all interface together.

ShahG 03-24-15 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by CJITTY (Post 8967706)
Agreed. I did an entire thread on this about my experience with photos. Search on my username and QuickSet TPMS . Can't do it with tech stream without additional parts required. Better yet, get your sensor ids from Techstream TPMS menu and order a set of cloned sensors with the same ids as your stock wheels..then you never have to worry about it. Looking back I should of done that.

Doing the same! Actually went for it after your follow-up. Thanks!

What happened when I programmed them was that it would the QuickSet would read sensors on the stock wheels but when I switched them to the new sensors, I would get an error after 20 mins. Bought a TPMS Scanner from Amazon, Turns out the Spare that the device was reading was incorrectly programmed previously, and the Spare's ID was different rather than what was showing up. Put in the correct ID for the Spare and it was a done deal!