LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Free Airport Parking (Atlanta) ... PARANOIA

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 07:52 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Free Airport Parking (Atlanta) ... PARANOIA

Guys (and gals?),

CJITTY may know this, and others here may have the same sort of local service. My local Lexus dealer has a deal set-up with an airport parking lot at the Atlanta airport.

I can park for free, if I'm getting $100 or more of service done while parked at the airport. Below is how I think it works. If I'm wrong, correct me.

I drive to the airport parking location, and I get shuttled to the airport. While I'm gone, the Lexus dealer sends an employee to the airport to retrieve my vehicle. It is brought back to the Lexus dealer where it is actually stored for the duration of my travel.

During the time it is at the dealer, it will have service done. I'm getting the front rotors turned, locking lug nuts replaced for originals, console box lid replaced, and the car detailed (might actually get dirtier).

Then the day I arrive (or maybe the day before) the vehicle is returned to the airport parking location, available when I arrive. I get a shuttle ride back to the airport parking location, retrieve my car and leave.

Sounds convenient. Especially if I would otherwise have to pay for parking (which I don't ... company will reimburse).

So, why am I so paranoid about this? I don't want just anyone driving my car. I'm imagining some young person getting in the car and hot-******* with it. I'm imagining it sitting outside at the dealership while various people look at it, as if it were for sale. I'm imagining cheesie used car salesmen using my car to go to lunch. I'm imagining all the negative. Maybe none of it would happen.

Am I being overly negative about this? Or should I just take one of my hooptie's to the airport and leave the LS in the garage?

7milesout

Last edited by jamodeo; 01-28-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-28-15, 08:52 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I know how you feel, because I have thoughts like that swirling around in my mind. I'm one of those people who really don't like for other people (unless I trust them) especially strangers driving my precious, I had some bad experiences from the past so if it were me the hooptie/bucket will be going to the airport! No one drives or takes care of your car like you would and I know some people can careless and enjoy the service being provided by the dealer. Only two people have driven my car that I trust and that is CJITTY and PrinceAkeem who own LS's of course. The last thing you want to be doing while on your trip is working about your car again take the other car for peace of mind.
Old 01-28-15, 09:45 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I wouldn't do it. That's just me. If you are only gone a couple days and returning during business hours, then get a loaner. They don't need to know where you are unless you are racking up miles on it and taking out of the local area. When you get back, drive straight to dealership and get your car. Now if the repairs are all being done in one day, maybe this won't work. But then again, if they mess up your car during this process, then that's on them. Or ask them if the Lexus service shuttle can come get you when you arrive? I've had a loaner at the airport before for a quick biz trip . Told them I would come the day after my car was done and they had zero worries

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-28-15, 12:28 PM
jbrittmart
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way I'd do that.
I'm with CJITTY...get a loaner.

I don't even like valeting my car at a restaurant.
Old 01-28-15, 02:33 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with everybody on don't do it!

like jbrittmart when i go into valet areas i ask them to just leave the car parked out front and take my key with me
Old 01-28-15, 02:53 PM
7milesout
Advanced

I'm glad to have received you forum members' reply. I was hoping to get some forum member responses from those of a similar geographic region (not that there's anything wrong with other geographical regions). I think I'm going to follow all of the previously posted forum members recommendations, and abort this free parking, and just drive one of my ... less than average quality, higher mileage, well worn in vehicles, to the airport.

I just have no confidence in various randomly selected dealership employees that when asked basic automotive questions have unexpected answers, yet which answers could be considered expertly crafted, in some other industry.

7milesout
Old 01-28-15, 04:15 PM
meine96ws6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I am from Atlanta and live near the airport as well.
Hennessey Lexus was amazing when I took my car in for a recall.

Full detailed
Added 3/4 to fill my tank
And went over the recall

Now i am lowered 1.6 on 20s..they cut the wheel hard which caused it to rub and i just cringed. But besides that they were awesome
Old 01-28-15, 06:14 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
Hey I am from Atlanta and live near the airport as well. Hennessey Lexus was amazing when I took my car in for a recall. Full detailed Added 3/4 to fill my tank And went over the recall Now i am lowered 1.6 on 20s..they cut the wheel hard which caused it to rub and i just cringed. But besides that they were awesome
Could not agree more about Henessey Lexus of Atlanta, Henessey is where I take my LS for service along with few Atlanta owners.
Old 01-28-15, 06:20 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I third Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta for service, not sales! David Levitz, best SA ever!!!
Old 01-28-15, 08:15 PM
CJITTY

4th for Hennessey Atlanta. Best in the region period!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-29-15, 07:43 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I guess I look at things differently. At the end of the day...it's a car. A jumbled up bunch of metal with no soul. I could care less who drives my car as long as there's a REASONABLE likelihood that it'll be respected.

In contrast, people will leave their children in the hands of a daycare or school or Summer camp and not think twice at the myriad of bad things that COULD happen. Or...leave their pets in the care of a kennel while they sip Mai Tais in Cancun.

I love my car and value it, but I refuse to lose sleep over who drives it.

First World problems! LOL.
Old 01-29-15, 03:47 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I guess I look at things differently. At the end of the day...it's a car. A jumbled up bunch of metal with no soul. I could care less who drives my car as long as there's a REASONABLE likelihood that it'll be respected. In contrast, people will leave their children in the hands of a daycare or school or Summer camp and not think twice at the myriad of bad things that COULD happen. Or...leave their pets in the care of a kennel while they sip Mai Tais in Cancun. I love my car and value it, but I refuse to lose sleep over who drives it. First World problems! LOL.
Man..never even thought of the daycare angle. You done messed up my entire thought process now because that is very true lol If the people driving have 22s on their cars, then maybe it will feel better knowing that haha. Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-10-15, 07:55 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Default Didn't do it, In Shanghai now...

I didn't drive the car to the airport. While I don't regret that, it sure would be nice to get in such a fine car to go home. I'll be in my Honda Oddyssey manivan instead. And it's no slouch.

So, 99% of all the cars, trucks, buses, and 100% of the motorcycles here in China are junk. And I have not met one driver that drives worth a p---.

The only reason manual transmissions are sold into China, is to give Chinese men access to an engine to torture and lug. I swear, they have it in 4th gear at like 5 mph, with the engine turning 125 rpm. And it sounds like hell and the whole vehicle is vibrating about to come apart … and you can tell on their mind they are only thinking about getting it into 5th gear when it hits 7 mph. They’re nuts. They play the throttle pedal like an organ player plays an organ pedal (on-off-on-off-on-off). And the best part is, they limit themselves to 2 HVAC settings. Either sweltering full hot with the Fresh / Recirc button in of course the Recirc position with the windows fogged up so bad that the driver wipes the windshield with a nasty wrag (a used diaper may be cleaner), or completely off (after all my clothes are drenched with sweat) with it still in Recirc mode and the windows fogged up even worse. This is the norm for every vehicle on the road. All passerby vehicles and buses are the same. All fogged up and lugging like hell. Yet the Chinese have on like 10 layers of clothes and seem perfect content with in being 90° in the vehicle and their 4 layers plus their blizzard coats, just like the Koreans used to do it. It is so ridiculous it's funny. I don’t understand them. I would rather ride on the roof and get some air. I saw a tachometer on a shuttle bus and it gave a highlighted region of recommended engine rpm usage. They must think that it means, that the highlighted region (around 2,000 rpm) is engine explosion region, better keep it well below this rpm.

I'll be glad to get home, as I always am when visiting Asia. I arrive at the ATL airport about 11 pm this Thursday.

7milesout
Old 02-11-15, 12:39 AM
Akospriggs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can vouch for Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta service. Brad Woodcock is the best!! I've been going there for almost three years and he always gives me world class service.