LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-16, 07:57 AM
Nex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Las Colinas, Texas
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Food, Traveling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: obscure anime character
- Year and LS Model I own : 2009 LS600HL
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: took it in as a trade in and the customer suggested I drive and buy it
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: hybrid system
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: voice and audio controls, location of the buttons
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: my wheels that are on order
- What I Love About My LS The Most: its big, fast enough, and comfortable/quiet
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: older tech
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I have built twin turbo 350z putting down 525whp in the garage that I almost never drive
Old 03-06-17, 02:21 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default **bump**

Hello everyone!

While frequenting our small corner of CL, I cant help but take notice of the new and proud LS 460 owners! Some are new to the brand, some are new to the model and some have just simply upgraded! Its an awesome thing any way you put it.

Reading through it, you see some familiar members as well as some who were here for a moment, but ultimately you are able to get to know a little bit about some of us, aside form the fact that we all love the LS!

So I thought I'd bump this thread and say welcome to all new comers and congrats to all those who have purchased an LS.
Old 03-06-17, 05:09 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow must've missed this thread. I am noticing a LOT of Texans on here - represent!

- General Location: Plano, Texas
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Food, Traveling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Name of my college abbreviated (Washington and Lee...WANDL)
- Year and LS Model I own : 2010 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Liked it on paper, read tons of reviews, but was sold 10 minutes into the test drive...traded my new 14 Honda Accord with 6k miles on it
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Power reclining massaging rear seats
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: outdated technology, un-seamless integration with any modern technology features like my iPhone
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: N/A, wife won't let me mess with this car
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Sophisticated powertrain, amazing take-off while 30mpg on highway
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Outdated tech
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm an absolute car nut; I spend at least 2 hours on Edmunds/CL/Autotrader/Jalopnik daily. Wait till you see my saved cars list on Autotrader...ranging from a Corvette, 2016 Chevy SS, Ford Flex Ecoboost, XC90...
Old 03-06-17, 05:16 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

I've been on this forum for quite a few years, though that was because of my wife's ride, a 2002 RX300 she bought in 2004.

It's been perfect.

As a result, at least partially, I took to a particular 2008 LS 460 L a few months ago. Was on my way to look at/purchase a 2004 Mercedes CL55 AMG, but blew it off when I drove the LS. All of this was precipitated by my 2005 Cadillac STS, the RWD one, V8, losing in a vehicular joust.

The headlight housings killed it. Literally. They cost too much to replace and the body shop wouldn't let me JB Weld them while they worked on the rest.

It's what I expect from a modern land-yacht. Large, quick, very quiet, very comfy, and people are surprised by something when they ride in it. The only things which would make it perfect are a 450 HP motor and to be available in a 2-door sedan.

- General Location: Fort Worth, TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: My wife, wheeled travel (motorcoach), pinball, stereo equipment
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: When MC Hammer was big, a guy I worked with heard me jammin' to some tunes with my small pickup's windows down, leaving work, and called me mckellyb, my first name/last initial
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS 460 L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 10 minutes after starting the test drive
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Sub-6 second 0-60 in what could be referred to as "grandpa's car"
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: lack of auto-door locks when the remote leaves the area...GM had this a few years earlier, and it was quite nice
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: There are none.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Q-ship which gets amazing MPG
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: It doesn't lock itself when I walk away
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Nothing I can think of, actually

Last edited by mckellyb; 03-06-17 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-06-17, 06:40 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

- General Location: Orlando, FL
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Wife, Kids, Wine, Travel, Wine, Golf, Wine, Bourbon, Wine.
- Year and LS Model I own : 2010 LS460L (smoky granite mica- purchased 2/28/17!)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 1994- I was 15 years old, my Dad surprised my mom with a used '92 LS400. I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth the car was. I always knew I'd have one... I bought my '96LS in 2006 at 27 years old. I still look back on that car and miss certain parts of it.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The consistency of the LS experience across generations. 2nd place: the 19" 5 star polished wheels on the 4th gen.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Cup holder design. Seems archaic and not well thought-out.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: I want to add the Sport grille to my car. I'd also love to change the headlights to match the 600HL headlights...although not sure it can be done.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Based on my experience with 2 other LS's - the insane reliability and low total cost of ownership.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Parking it outside while I have my S5 in the garage (not going to be a problem for long!)
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a sales guy but a total introvert... most people would never guess that I'm an introvert.
Old 03-06-17, 07:44 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

- General Location: Toronto
- Hobbies/Special Interests: cars, technology, science, music, art
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: old random screen name
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Own 2007 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I grew up in Trinidad in the 90s driving Toyota Crowns my dad imported from Japan. Learned to drive in one like THIS except with the 1UZ. Air suspensions, cooler boxes and reclining massaging rear seats were in my life since I was 15. Lexus LS is the only option now that I live in Canada.
- Favourite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Laser cruise: cause if you drive an LS, the future of driving has been here since 2001...
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Auto wipers too sensitive on the 460. Was perfect on the 430.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Wheels: but modest. Similar to newer OEM 19s.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The high LS build standard allows me to own a $100k car in my 30s. 10 years old and it's still almost as 'modern' as 90% brand new cars.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: 460 leather isn't as nice as the 430 was.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I've only ever had Lexuses registered to my name and I haven't paid labour in 10 years. Love me some DIY (when these cars provide some).

Last edited by dfkd; 03-06-17 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-07-17, 11:54 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

- General Location: Austin, TX
- Occupation: Information Security Manager for an International Life Insurance Company
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, computers, guns
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Same username I've used for years on various forums, l33t speak
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2010 LS460 L AWD
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: The first time I drove one (knowing that I have 2 girls about to be teenagers and a 2-seater was out of the question)
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Automatic door closers, such a novel idea but one that still impresses me every time I get in/out
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: If I had to pick one it would be Satellite radio, but that's less about Lexus and more about XM's offerings. I really don't see why people would pay for the service.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Android screen mirroring to factory Nav with the appropriate bypasses
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It's taken a ton of stress out of my daily commute (25 minutes one-way)
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Gas mileage, but my reference point is primarily Honda's that get 30+ per gallon. Just getting used to the V8
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Most people find this out eventually, but it always surprises everyone.... I was married at 18 and am still happily married 14 years later
Old 03-16-17, 12:24 PM
capt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

- General Location: Central California
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Photography, Hiking
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: trying something new
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 Lexus LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Compared to other cars this one handling and drove so well, I needed comfort and got it!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The automatic power folding mirrors, I work from a lot of malls so this is nice
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: I got the stock premium audio system (10 speaker) and didn't realize it wasn't the ML system
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: USB iPhone integration
- What I Love About My LS The Most: I travel 600 to 900 miles a week for work, it gets 33MPG and love I love it for the comfort of the suspension
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I didn't get the "L" option lol
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I usually work too much, I need to get out more
Old 03-18-17, 10:02 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

- General Location: Northern California
- Occupation: Previously an Engineer with Intel's Chipset Group. Currently a Systems Analyst for the State of California. Seems quite a few CL members are in IT or various disciplines of engineering. It is no wonder that techie types would be drawn to LSes for all the thoughtful engineering that goes into each design.
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Basketball...up until the Sacramento Kings were eliminated from the 2002 Western Conference Finals by Horry's buzzer-beater trey. When that ball went through the rim, all energy drained out of my body and I never recovered. To this day I can't watch anymore NBA. Also enjoy playing and watching tennis, computers, cars, traveling, reading, family time.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Not really creative with screen names so I just went with facts. We are parents to one child, a daughter we adore. We bought a minivan anticipating more children but after a couple of miscarriages we felt that maybe we're destined to be a family of three. I will say that being a Dad is the single hardest thing I'll ever do in this lifetime and I feel blessed to have a wife and daughter that inspire me to be a better man.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Just purchased our 2013 SWB today (3/18/2017)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I was still in high school when I got the opportunity to drive my Aunt's used 1994 LS 400. I was blown away with how quiet, smooth, and serene the ride was. I could not feel the transmission shifting at all and it was my first exposure to the Optitron gauges and pedal-actuated parking brake. That first drive seared in my mind the perfection of Lexus and I knew from then on I would pursue an LS in my future.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The air suspension and ability to change the character of the car at will, Bluetooth music streaming, BSM & RCTA, 4-zone climate control to quiet temperature conflicts between rear passengers, the electronic parking brake, side sun shades for privacy, and especially the 'L' shaped daytime running lights because they look so cool and make a Lexus instantly recognizable from far away.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The mouse controller is quite finicky and the rear "massage" feature of the Ultra Lux is a joke since it just vibrates like a PlayStation controller.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: I prefer stock all the way but may look into a bypass to play DVDs while in motion (for passengers).
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The refinement, sophistication, style, and comfort, and also the 386 HP on tap.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The small trunk with the Ultra Lux.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I like to make wood carvings with my Dremel:

Last edited by FatherTo1; 03-18-17 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-19-17, 12:41 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
I feel blessed to have a wife and daughter that inspire me to be a better man.
Very nice thought.

And the carvings are really nice too.

Old 06-30-17, 11:15 AM
KikeNY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re:

- General Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Computers, Cars, and Music.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Kike is my nickname since early childhood, and New York City is my favorite place in the world..
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I have always loved big body cars, bought an LS400 and never looked back. (Funny considering I also race a Miata!)
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Mark Levinson Sound System.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: No bluetooth audio integration
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Joe-Z Axle Back exhaust!!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The comfort with added power when needed.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: These cooled seats ain't no match for the Texas heat!
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I just might be the youngest LS460 owner..
Old 07-01-17, 12:57 PM
dnthrtme1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

- General Location: South Metro, Minnesota
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars!!!!
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Runescape
- Year and LS Model I own (want): I have a 2007 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: After owning an avalon, I knew I needed to get the best. Went to a dealer and looked at a few, needed an LS and not any other vehicle!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Mark Levinson Sound system because nothing compares, second would probably be powered heated and cooled rear seats! (Not many vehicles have that)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: No usb or car play (I have the aftermarket Grom Vline so I can have all those features though)
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Probably the HKS Supercharger Kit!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Definetly the looks, for the year no other car in my opinion really can compare to the looks of the LS. (And it has a V8)
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Like I said earlier, Missing updated technology that comes standard on many cars now!
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a perfectionist and cant leave anything undone until its perfect!!
Old 07-04-17, 09:08 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for keeping this thread going!

Originally Posted by dnthrtme1
- General Location: South Metro, Minnesota
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars!!!!
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Runescape
- Year and LS Model I own (want): I have a 2007 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: After owning an avalon, I knew I needed to get the best. Went to a dealer and looked at a few, needed an LS and not any other vehicle!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Mark Levinson Sound system because nothing compares, second would probably be powered heated and cooled rear seats! (Not many vehicles have that)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: No usb or car play (I have the aftermarket Grom Vline so I can have all those features though)
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Probably the HKS Supercharger Kit!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Definetly the looks, for the year no other car in my opinion really can compare to the looks of the LS. (And it has a V8)
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Like I said earlier, Missing updated technology that comes standard on many cars now!
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a perfectionist and cant leave anything undone until its perfect!!
Old 07-04-17, 09:30 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

- General Location: Atlanta
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, International Travel, Aerial Photography
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: It's my long-time bowling name!!!
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2017 Lexus LS 460 (own); I want the new Lexus LS 500
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I was very young and starting my first time and first day as a manager. I didn't have a very reliable car, so I had to ride the Metro to the office (lived in Miami at the time). It was a rainy day and, of course, I had no umbrella or raincoat. While I am waiting to cross the intersection to walk to my office building, this beautiful silver LS 460 (2007/2008 model) floats by me. All I could do was look in amazement while watching it stride by me. I said aloud then that when I make it in this business, I will be driving one of those!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Radar Cruise Control! After long days, it makes the drive home so much more pleasing, especially after a 15-hour work day.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: I miss not having Lane Keep Assist/Lane Departure Warning and the HUD. I owned an RX 350 prior to this LS that had all of those features. I am not dying without these features, but am surprised that I miss these OEM perks.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: More ambient lighting in the main cabin. I have some version of this (LED lighting silhouettes here and there throughout the cabin); however, Mercedes totally owns the lighting game!!! I read that the new LS 500 will have more ambient lighting features - glad to hear this.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: While some say the exterior look is understated, I really like it. What flagship car doesn't have an understated exterior design? The German care don't exactly do this much better. I also love the comfort and silky smooth ride. Interior quality in the LS 460 is incredible - especially the shimamoku wood treatments.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing really... If I had to choose one thing, I would say that while infotainment has come a long way, I wish Lexus would get a better operating system. One that looks more sleek and classy similar to that of Mercedes and BMW...
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I come from a very large family (7 siblings!)
Old 12-12-17, 02:51 PM
wjlim22
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

- General Location: Orange County, CA
- Occupation: I own a small marketing business and I am also a real estate agent
- Hobbies/Special Interests: I collect sneakers, mostly Jordans and Nikes. I like to play pick-up basketball whenever I have the time which is usually Sunday mornings. Other than taking care of my family, I also like to spend time outdoors with my 5 year old yellow labrador retriever (he doesn't get to ride in the LS)
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: It's my initials and favorite number
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2014 LS 460 is what I currently own. I want the LS 500 someday.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: My dad always had a Lexus LS in the garage. He loves cars and at one point had both 2001 GS 430 and a 2007 LS 460. Both were V8s and both had different characteristics. I eventually bought the GS 430 from him, but I always wanted to get the LS too.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Rear cross traffic alert system because I've never had it before in any car
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Enform apps only work intermittently. I hate when stuff doesn't work.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Probably just new rims
- What I Love About My LS The Most: I don't have the air-suspension, but the smoothness and quietness of the ride is the best.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Enform apps
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I was born in Indonesia.

Last edited by wjlim22; 12-14-17 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)