LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-17, 05:19 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

- General Location: Houston, Texas
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Wood Working tools, car repair tools
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Being in Texas, and then pick a number
- Year and LS Model I own : 2009 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Have had 2 Camry and 1 Corolla, Need to upgrade to the best Toyota
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: brake hold, soft close doors
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: n/a
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: replace all suspension components to make it drive like new,
- What I Love About My LS The Most: spacious, quiet, smooth, powerful, stable and safe, super reliable
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: melting plastic door trims, weak control arms,
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: enjoy to have good tools, and I'm thinking about getting a Quickjack car lift system...
Old 12-14-17, 09:27 AM
mikebrinda
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Michael Brinda

First post:

- General Location:
Irvine, CA, USA

- Occupation: Founder, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Adjunct Professor, Mundelein Seminary, Author, Parish Management and Operations: The Buck Stops Here

- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Cooking, Travel, Football, Prison ministry

- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: It's my name

- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2017 LS 460 F Sport

- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I priced the 2018 BMW M5 . . . .

- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Adjustable suspension settings, because you can create the ride to suit your mood.

- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Sunroof. Never use it.

- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Brembo rear brakes.

- What I Love About My LS The Most: Quiet.

- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Lack of EQ controls for Mark Levinson sound system

- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is: That what they often assume to be true about me . . . is not true.
Attached Thumbnails The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)-ls460-f-sport.jpg  
Old 12-14-17, 08:27 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 231 Likes on 183 Posts

- General Location:
Chicago suburbs
i actually have three.. I’m a fairly busy person-
1. Director of Project Management for a corporate real estate firm specializing in lease administration products and services
2. Task force officer for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
3. Managing principal consultant and owner of a media consulting company
- Hobbies/Special Interests:
Motorcycles, cooking, fitness, philosophy, video production
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:
It wouldn’t allow me to use “tofuproductions” as my username, which is what I have as my username on all the other forums I am a part of, so I just simply shortened it.
- Year and LS Model I own (want):
I currently own a 2013 LS 460 AWD
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS:
I did not “have” to have it. This would be the tenth car I’ve owned (not including motorcycles) ranging from sports cars to coupes to hybrids. It wasn’t necessarily an impulse buy, but I never had a full on luxury car, much less a sedan in that aspect (did not consider my single turbo IS300 to be luxury).
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why:
The driver memory setting. Makes me smile how it all moves into place when I enter the vehicle.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
I would say probably the fact the reverse camera; when in reverse the lines don’t move with the steering wheel to aid in parking. Not a huge deal for me since I still mainly use my mirrors by habit.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
20” Ace Alloy Convex wheels. But not wanting to deal with the TPMS headache and possible sacrifice in Ride quality.
- What I Love About My LS The Most:
mentioned above
How comfortable it is to sit in
- What I Hate About My LS The Most:
The fuel economy, but this was to be expected and I knew about it before purchasing the vehicle
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:
I truly enjoy the simple things in life.
Old 02-22-18, 10:30 AM
DreDawg81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Washington, DC (D-M-V)
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars & Travel
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I've been using the same handle across many platforms for YEARS lol
- Year and LS Model I own (want): WOW .... currently own 2014 LS460 AWD & 1998 LS400 (currently selling) & Just sold 1990 LS400
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Honestly I never wanted one....(thought it was an old guys car) but after I learned of how SOLID it is my mind changed !!! LOL
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The 360 ashtrays LOL
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: N/A .... sorry I just cant think of ANYTHING
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: RIMS
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The smoothness of the ride, the quality and the handling/speed
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: THE GAS MILEAGE lol
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a cancer survivor !
Old 04-19-18, 05:57 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

- General Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Coffee Roasting, Fishing, Alfa Romeo Restoration, Bible Study and Family
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Name of the airplane my father purchased and learned to fly in while my mom was pregnant with me. I got it after he died and flew it for over 25 years. It was a 1940 Luscombe 8A and was in the family for 60 years.
- Year and LS Model I own: 2011 LS460 Sport Starfire White 4/18/2018
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: After reading about the cult like following here and then taking a test drive.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Without adoubt the ML audio system
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The tech is kinda dated and can't mirror my android phone on the display....yet.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Mirror my Android and allow the touch screen to control the phone.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride and the ML audio.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing yet.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is: