ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Lexus Roadside Assistance is a JOKE!!!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/771325-lexus-roadside-assistance-is-a-joke.html)

hfahmy 01-25-15 03:11 PM

Lexus Roadside Assistance is a JOKE!!!!

Today my starting battery finally gave up! 08 LS600hl with 29k miles and original battery, expected no surprises. What is reduculious is Lexus roadside assistance, promised an hour then 90 mins more, did not show up, had to ask a friend to come and rescue me!!! Was beautiful day here in Atlanta with Sunny 60 degrees and Lexus was slammed with calls, probably calls from customers who are stranded like me waiting on their drunk drivers from Saturday night... Also, was a dealer less than 5 miles away who refused to service, they only freeken sell on Sunday!!! This dealer gladly resold me a car I found after pocketing $4500 for certification without doing squad... :mad:CPO roadside assistance is a joke!!!

Now, 600 owners please help, can I get generic battery to replace the OEM. What will happen if I don't connect this third terminal that is specific to the 600? Can I buy from Sewell Lexus??

hfahmy 01-25-15 03:46 PM

I found this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...s-600hl-4.html. At the last page, it was suggested to peal the temp sensor and stick it to the after market battery. Did anyone have success doing that??

caha14 01-25-15 07:16 PM

Sewell seems to sell the battery for $347.44 (ClubLexus price). I don't know what success folks have had from transferring the temp sensor (though I was under the impression that it had worked), but chances are that when my time comes, I will get it from Sewell.

sktn77a 01-26-15 08:32 PM

Yeah, the battery died in my LS460 and left me stranded. Called the Lexus roadside assistance number and the girl told me "we only cover you through the original 4yr/50,000 mile warranty". She told me I needed to speak to Lexus Financial for the platinum extended warranty (who, of course, didn't have a clue what I was talking about). I confirmed the next day at my dealership that there is only one number for all Lexus roadside assistance.

Lexus customer service has gone to hell in a handbasket!

CJITTY 01-27-15 08:51 AM

As mentioned, this has been discussed before. I personally chose not to go the "around about" way and getting a standard battery and jumping the additional wire. I went through an independent auto shop and I'm friends with the owner. He was able to get me an oem 600hL starter battery for low 300s (his cost) if I recall correctly and it went right in. Resolved all of the crazy issues I was having. Like TPMS sensors not checking in, warning lights, funny issues with Nav system..on and on. That battery controls a ton of stuff and if the voltage isn't right where it needs to be, it will drive you crazy. I say do it right and get the battery it calls for. I really didn't have a choice because I still have a full warranty on my car and didn't want any drama with the dealer if I have some other hybrid or electrical issue pop up. That unique battery we have is there for a reason, just my 2 cents.

Side note, some of the dealerships I called WOULD NOT ship the battery to me due to hazardous material. I didn't try Sewell, but that's a good price...shipping is going to be a beast though if I had to guess

peteybabes 01-27-15 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by sktn77a (Post 8885519)
Lexus customer service has gone to hell in a handbasket!

customer service, or just the roadside assistance?

caha14 01-27-15 09:03 AM

Shipping

I knew I was forgetting something :)

It's basically $15 (14.74) for Ground Service to the Northeast, so it can't be worse for you shipping to GA. Set aside 365 Washingtons and you should have enough for the battery and a cup of coffee.

hfahmy 01-27-15 11:27 AM

Thank you all for the help! Yes, since I posted this thread I have seen many discussions on the topic of the 600 starting battery and the same behavior facing others.

Here is what is interesting, battery after charged is back full power...multimeter shows 12.35v while connected to the car... No issues what so ever starting...Main reason it died is running the ML/CD for a hour or so while car is off. Don't know if this is normal?

Tried to take the car to Autozone to test the battery, they refused to touch it because it is hybrid... Told me their tester will damage the car and they are not hybrid certified... it written on the tester not to use with hybrids... they can't even take the battery off the car and test it... . Options are: 1. change without really knowing if current battery is bad or not or 2. do an oil change in the dealer and ask them to test it. Opinions?

sktn77a 01-27-15 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by peteybabes (Post 8886127)
customer service, or just the roadside assistance?

Both! They have kids (usually female) on the other end of the phone ("case managers") who appear to know little about the product or its target demographic (ie people who want a quality product and quality customer support and are prepared to pay for it).

peteybabes 01-28-15 05:22 AM

perhaps Lexus has become to big as a company with their focus towards the lower end buyers :( (should leave that up to toyota)

at this point i think that some of the smaller cars should be removed or a company wide price increase on all of the vehicles to bring Lexus back as a true luxury car company that can really service their customers instead of pulling some cheap untrained employees on board.

sorry just venting a little...

sktn77a 01-28-15 07:15 PM

Couldn't agree more. I mean, the CT and the HS? Gimme a break! And while the ES is OK, it's still just a gussied up Camry.

jamodeo 01-28-15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by sktn77a (Post 8888656)
Couldn't agree more. I mean, the CT and the HS? Gimme a break! And while the ES is OK, it's still just a gussied up Camry.

I thought the newer ones were based off the avalon platform? They definitely have way more legroom in the back now. Lexus did a real nice job with the new ES IMO.

-Joe

CJITTY 01-28-15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by hfahmy (Post 8886408)
Thank you all for the help! Yes, since I posted this thread I have seen many discussions on the topic of the 600 starting battery and the same behavior facing others.

Here is what is interesting, battery after charged is back full power...multimeter shows 12.35v while connected to the car... No issues what so ever starting...Main reason it died is running the ML/CD for a hour or so while car is off. Don't know if this is normal?

Tried to take the car to Autozone to test the battery, they refused to touch it because it is hybrid... Told me their tester will damage the car and they are not hybrid certified... it written on the tester not to use with hybrids... they can't even take the battery off the car and test it... . Options are: 1. change without really knowing if current battery is bad or not or 2. do an oil change in the dealer and ask them to test it. Opinions?

Same boat. I got by for another 6 months or so with my battery after it first went dead. Then I ended up having to use my jump box every morning until I could get a new battery....mine showed good at the Lexus dealer too, but if those volts are just barely off, the car will absolutely not and just get the dang battery haha. So it's time is coming. I would get a jump box to keep in your car. It will fail when you least expect it

sktn77a 01-29-15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by jamodeo (Post 8888689)
I thought the newer ones were based off the avalon platform? They definitely have way more legroom in the back now.

Yes, you're right, although some would argue the XX40 (2013-2018 Avalon) platform doesn't differ much from the XV50 (2012-2017 Camry) platform. We won't know the real deal until the new Camry model is released (delayed due to the Toyota New Global Architecture platforming).

SW17LS 01-31-15 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sktn77a (Post 8888656)

I find this pretty funny when we're talking about an 8 year old LS thats value is less than that of a new CT and certainly an ES, probably bought used by someone who paid about that value or even less...and saying Lexus needs to raise prices or remove "smaller cheaper" vehicles so they can better serve you? Come on guys, we need a little reality check here...you're not all driving brand new $80,000+ LS460s. Why should Lexus give you better service than somebody who has a bought new CT? That customer is more valuable to them than you.

As for the roadside, its not great. I used it years ago and they just sent AAA. When that car went out of warranty they called me and wanted me to pay for extended roadside assistance...I just joined AAA. You have every right to expect better service from roadside than that. But...if a dealer doesn't do service on Saturday, they have no staff to help you on a Saturday...whether they made $4,500 off of you at one point or not :dunno: