LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Control arms and bushings...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-15, 05:39 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Lexus should hand out lifetime warranties and have the whole staff of the dealership bow in apology every time your car has a problem. That is still not enough for some as we should also be compensated for pain and suffering with free stuff in the form of useless trinkets.
Well, let's travel back in time to 1990. That's EXACTLY what Lexus did!

Old 04-23-15, 07:28 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Pamperme
Up ur expectation man. Com on! You're prospective is standing in the way of progress.
My "EXPECTATIONS", were that this vehicle would exceed the reliability and performance of my previous myriad of vehicles. It has FAR exceeded all of them, so I am happy (so far). Coming from a 7 series BMW and still owning a an X5, you can be rest assured that I am ECSTATIC, especially given the complexity and refinement that this car possesses. The Germans (and Americans) can learn much from the Lexus experience. It was an utter embarassment to drive a 120,000+ vehicle that among other things belched blue smoke with 50k miles on it. And that's just for starters. There's my "progress".

Last edited by roadfrog; 04-23-15 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 08:11 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
My "EXPECTATIONS", were that this vehicle would exceed the reliability and performance of my previous myriad of vehicles. It has FAR exceeded all of them, so I am happy (so far). Coming from a 7 series BMW and still owning a an X5, you can be rest assured that I am ECSTATIC, especially given the complexity and refinement that this car possesses. The Germans (and Americans) can learn much from the Lexus experience. It was an utter embarassment to drive a 120,000+ vehicle that among other things belched blue smoke with 50k miles on it. And that's just for starters. There's my "progress".
See that's the problem with BMW's horrid reliability record. It's like second hand smoke. It doesn't just bother the owner. Our expectations feel the heat when Lexus's flaws are applauded by former German car owners as an "improvememt". It sets a tone of mediocracy that we hope never makes its way to coporate. Us Lexus owners are accustomed to a much higher standard of which the current LS has not delivered. Is it a lemon? Of course not. Does it have more issues than previous LS's? Without a doubt! Thank heavens it isn't anywhere near the atrocious reliability of BMW's but with BMW's puff of nicotine floating through the air, converts to Lexus inadvertently become satisfied with Lexus's "problems" because it's such an improvement from the BMW they came from that somehow, we Lexus owners are expected to be relieved that at least we didn't inhale the cigarette itself. Congrats on your progression into the most reliable car company on the planet, and please, take our hand and allow us accustomed to the pursuit of perfection to show you just how high this reliability mountain really can be. Leave the tobacco for BMW to smoke, because we don't want any part of it. Even if it is just a whiff

Last edited by Pamperme; 04-23-15 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 08:22 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

See that's the problem with BMW's horrid reliability record. It's like second hand smoke. Even non-smokers feel the heat when Lexus's flaws are applauded by former German car owners. Well us Lexus owners are accustomed to a much higher standard and the current LS has not delivered on that promise.
Hell, lets leave BMW out of the equation. My LS is still (at least so far), far and away the best vehicle I've ever owned...in every way. Better than my Acura, Fords (4 of them), Jeep, Honda, Dodge, Olds, Mazda, and Triumph (lol - don't even get me started on that one). I may have forgotten some others....I'm a bit of a car nut.

Regardless, NOTHING of what I've seen about the current LS strikes me as problematic or rampant. Except maybe the bushings on SOME cars. I fortunately have no issues with mine, but won't lose any sleep over it when I do, nor will I be stranded. I'll spend six hours or so in my driveway sipping beer and installing 300 dollars worth of bushings, then be merrily on my way.
Old 04-23-15, 08:44 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Hell, lets leave BMW out of the equation. My LS is still (at least so far), far and away the best vehicle I've ever owned...in every way. Better than my Acura, Fords (4 of them), Jeep, Honda, Dodge, Olds, Mazda, and Triumph (lol - don't even get me started on that one). I may have forgotten some others....I'm a bit of a car nut.

Regardless, NOTHING of what I've seen about the current LS strikes me as problematic or rampant. Except maybe the bushings on SOME cars. I fortunately have no issues with mine, but won't lose any sleep over it when I do, nor will I be stranded. I'll spend six hours or so in my driveway sipping beer and installing 300 dollars worth of bushings, then be merrily on my way.
Lol. Yes there is no question that the Lexus dominates the reliability charts especially the LS. Enjoy ur ride man!! But when my complaining along with some other things I am working on results in reliability increases across the board for everyone, feel free to invite me over for a beer as a thank u.. (Actually I'm a tea drinker. )

Last edited by Pamperme; 04-23-15 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 09:25 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pamperme
Lol. Yes there is no question that the Lexus dominates the reliability charts especially the LS. Enjoy ur ride man!! But when my complaining along with some other things I am working on results in reliability increases across the board for everyone, feel free to invite me over for a beer as a thank u.. (Actually I'm a tea drinker. )
You're on.