LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Memory seat adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-14, 08:21 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory seat adjustment

I was cleaning my car seats yesterday. I leaned the driver seat all the down to clean it then raised it back up. After I did this, I lost all of my pre set memory seat positions. Now the memory function will not set at all. Help.

jarm
Old 09-28-14, 08:32 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Try This

Stolen from the inter webs...

Occasionally when the battery has been disconnected, the Seat Position Memory becomes non-functional. It does nothing, not even beep. In addition, if you use the manual controls to move the seat or the seat back, you may hear repeated beeps. These are indicators that the seat position memory is lost and needs to be reinitialized. Here is a procedure that reinitializes the 2007 LS 460L and most likely will reinitialize this feature on other Lexus years and models as well.
1. Standing outside the driver’s door, open the door and using the long manual forward and back seat switch, move the whole seat fully forward until it stops.

2. Now using the same seat control, move the whole seat fully to the back until it stops. You may hear repeated beeps during this motion.

3. Now use the seat back tilt control to lay the seat back fully down toward the rear seat. Again, you may hear repeated beeps. Continue laying it back until it stops.

4. Using the same tilt control, now tilt the seat back fully upright until it stops.

5. At this point, the seat position memory should be reset as it has counted the rotations of each of the associated seat motors and now knows the seat’s actual location.

6. Get in the car, close the door and start the car. Leave the car in Park and remove your foot from the brake..

7. Using the appropriate manual seat controls, move the seat to your most comfortable location and preferred degree of seat back tilt. At this time, you may also set your outside mirrors and telescoping steering wheel position using their controls.

8. Once you are satisfied with all the positions, press and hold the Set Button on the driver’s door and then press the appropriate L1, L2, or L3 Memory Button. Continue holding both the Set Button and the selected L1, L2 or L3 Memory Button until you hear a single beep. The present seat location and position are now programmed into the corresponding Seat Position Memory. The fact that you heard a beep confirms that the Seat Position Memory has been reinitialized and is now capable of capturing your preferred settings.

9. You can test your memory settings by using the manual controls to move the seat anywhere away from your ideal position and then press the appropriate L1, L2 or L3 Memory selection. The seat should return to your programmed setting.

10. You may now set the remaining seat memory positions starting with step 6 above.