LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

HOW TO: Factory Rear fogs

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-23, 04:08 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts
Default HOW TO: Factory Rear fogs

Hi guys so I decided to try and do a post about how to do this because previous thread was cluttered. So i have a US vehicle in Europe and I am trying to make some changes, so one of those changes is getting factory rear fogs. This is most useful for people in Europe driving USD cars, or people in Canada.

1. You need to look at your physical BCM to see what number you have on there, you need to locate one with the exact number so for me my BCM was 82730-50150 A, the only difference was the last row of numbers on that sticker, mine was 061220-0610 and the one from Europe has that number as 061102-0732, that might be relevant in tracking down the correct BCM. You can find these on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de or rrr.lt Be sure to make sure that the vehicle is originally from Europe and LHD. Just for reference BCM for RHD and has a different last row number on the sticker if that helps.

2. Doing this will mean your temperature display will be in C. You cannot use a UK version because it is RHD for some reason it will mess things up the window switches will not work correctly.

3. You need to get the indicator stalk with the rear fogs, I got mine from rrr.lt that site is useful because they usually indicate LHD or RHD right away. I dont know if that makes a difference, I don't think so in this instance but just letting you know. I got mine for 40 Euros.

4. They work now, but i have no way to confirm visually in the vehicle, unless I complete the swap with a cluster swap which I shall do in the near future.

5. there would also be changes, for example when you lock/unlock your vehicle, it will no longer beep, I actually like this, I dislike bringing attention to myself and this way you don't disturb people at night etc. Any other changes you made to the BCM via carista app etc would all no longer work of course you need to reset them if I am not wrong.

6. I think I need better brighter bulbs for the rear fogs, I want an even super bright light to fill that whole fog light area, some leds even though bright do not do that as they are made for shield type reflectors. So think a circuit board with super bring pcm leds with a bubble on them whatever they are called, is need to achieve the results I want. will post about it, if I get there. I am also thinking on some mods to the tail lights to upgrade the leds somehow but I have not looked into that.

Good luck, hope the information now on one post helps people do this, without going through what we all went through on the original thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ear-fog-7.html thanks to LILEVO and ALK for answering questions, much appreciated.