LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Different headlights for LS460?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 07:45 AM
crownmob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different headlights for LS460?

New member here, I just picked up a 2014 LS460 AWD F sport as a daily driver. I have seen a two different headlights for the LS, one has 3 projector lenses like the LS 600H and the dual projectors (the ones i have on my LS). Can someone tell me the differences between these two? Is one LED and one non?
Old 06-04-14, 08:53 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by crownmob
New member here, I just picked up a 2014 LS460 AWD F sport as a daily driver. I have seen a two different headlights for the LS, one has 3 projector lenses like the LS 600H and the dual projectors (the ones i have on my LS). Can someone tell me the differences between these two? Is one LED and one non?
I learned something here..had no idea F Sports came available with AWD option
Old 06-04-14, 08:57 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I learned something here..had no idea F Sports came available with AWD option
Doesn't that mean same tire size on all four corners? Deal breaker for a bunch of you guys if so.
Old 06-04-14, 09:21 AM
LexFather

Congrats, glad to see another F-sport owner!!

Stock

HID dual projectors

The Triple LED lights are a $1500 option
LED headlamps with headlamp washers and intelligent high-beams[*], dynamic auto leveling and dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)[*]
$1,450[*]

Old 06-04-14, 01:31 PM
crownmob
Driver School Candidate

interesting, i didnt order my car. pretty much picked it up off the show room floor but when i went to check out the options online and i didnt see the AFS as an added option to the f sport trim. I wonder if this has something to do with the missing button next to the heated wheel option. The sales man told me my car had every option except paint protection...
Old 06-08-14, 08:13 AM
crownmob
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if these lights are a plug in play upgrade?
Old 06-09-14, 06:13 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Congrats on the F-sport, loving the triple beam, it adds a much more aggresive look to the car.
Old 06-09-14, 07:42 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes the light will fit but I'm pretty sure you will need a different wiring harness just like the LS600h LED conversion for the 2007-2009 LED headlamps. You can call Lexus parts department or Sewell parts to get the info on what is needed for the swap.
Old 06-09-14, 10:48 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by williakz
Doesn't that mean same tire size on all four corners? Deal breaker for a bunch of you guys if so.
For those who follow my posts on here, they already know that doesn't matter at all when it comes to aftermarket wheels as long as they do it the right way. Take a look at my bulid thread or the wheel/tire sticky thread and you'll see what me and some of my other fellow CL AWD peeps wheel setups look like All 600s are AWD by the way with a CVT transmission
Old 06-09-14, 10:50 AM
CJITTY

Didn't we conclude on another thread that the extra LED lens isn't really a "shining" type of light,but more of an infrared/thermal sensor for the auto highbeam or PCS system?
Old 06-09-14, 12:03 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

interesting, i didnt order my car. pretty much picked it up off the show room floor but when i went to check out the options online and i didnt see the AFS as an added option to the f sport trim. I wonder if this has something to do with the missing button next to the heated wheel option. The sales man told me my car had every option except paint protection...
The salesman lied! The missing button is for the automatic high beams that comes paired with the LED headlights which have three projectors. The LED headlights are the upgraded lights for the 460 with dual swivel AFS. The two projectors are just the standard HID and they have regular AFS.

Didn't we conclude on another thread that the extra LED lens isn't really a "shining" type of light,but more of an infrared/thermal sensor for the auto highbeam or PCS system?
Infrared light for night view system.

-Joe
Old 06-09-14, 01:04 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jamodeo

Infrared light for night view system.

-Joe
Ok, I thought so..thanks!
Old 06-09-14, 07:03 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For those who follow my posts on here, they already know that [different sized tires front and back] doesn't matter at all when it comes to aftermarket wheels as long as they do it the right way. Take a look at my bulid thread or the wheel/tire sticky thread and you'll see what me and some of my other fellow CL AWD peeps wheel setups look like All 600s are AWD by the way with a CVT transmission
Sorry, I don't regularly get into multipage build threads as I'm not asking what CAN be done, but rather what IS done from the factory. My question was a general one: like BMW cars, do Lexus AWD models have (factory-issued) same tires all around vs. RWD with (factory-issued) different fronts than rears? Or are Lexus AWDs allowed different sizes front and rear and/or do RWD have same size tires fore and aft? Just asking...
Old 06-10-14, 06:44 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To answer your question: I don't know, I have not seen anyone do it yet for the 2013/2014 version. Read what I looked into below, and I will see what I can find out if you are still serious about doing it.

The LED headlight clusters can be had for about $2,000 with our CL discount for each side. With just that investment, you wouldn't have the auto high beam (AHB) capability since the little camera next to the rear view mirror is missing along with the button to toggle it on and off. If you wanted full capability and ordered the mirror with the light sensor/camera (about $600) with the switch assembly that contains the AHB button (another $600) you might be able to get it to work. There is no guarantee that the features like AHB would just work with all the new hardware unfortunately...

-Joe
Old 06-10-14, 08:24 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jamodeo
To answer your question: I don't know, I have not seen anyone do it yet for the 2013/2014 version. Read what I looked into below, and I will see what I can find out if you are still serious about doing it.

The LED headlight clusters can be had for about $2,000 with our CL discount for each side. With just that investment, you wouldn't have the auto high beam (AHB) capability since the little camera next to the rear view mirror is missing along with the button to toggle it on and off. If you wanted full capability and ordered the mirror with the light sensor/camera (about $600) with the switch assembly that contains the AHB button (another $600) you might be able to get it to work. There is no guarantee that the features like AHB would just work with all the new hardware unfortunately...

-Joe
At this point, just buy a new car WITH the headlights and AHB!

5200.00 for new cooler headlights?

I guess I'm blessed...my 600 has the 3 projector headlights, AHB and Adaptive headlights.

Quick Reply: Different headlights for LS460?