LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Alarm/Remote Starter in LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-14, 03:58 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for posting my video.... (in the words of Will Smith "my ***** always works sometimes") if range on the oem remote becomes an issue u can add the smart start (part #dsm250) to link it to your smart phone... I was actually in Viper training last night and asked again about the takeover issue... he said it MAYBE available in the next yr.... so, keep the faith.. but he explains the when the module is programmed for takeover a waiver will be acknowledged by the customer so DE I isn't liable it the case of theft.. seeing as the module is tied to the cpu they can pull Vin info to verify ownership. ..

FYI their new smart key is awesome ANY car can now have smart key, keyless via Bluetooth thru your cell phone. . Walk up to the car reach the bt perimeter an the car unlocks. .leave the perimeter the car locks... so older model Lexus owners can now have prox key on their cars..smart key is shipping this week...
Old 04-25-14, 05:29 AM
triniexr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
DBALL is what you need. That is ALL you need. I did a little research and chatted with the tech at xpresskit (DEI) who makes the DBALL.
Thanks! I will definitely be getting this.

Originally Posted by silverone
I installed the DBALL unit in my 2007 LS460 about a month ago, it's the only piece you need if you just want remote start. it will work off the factory fob just as the others have stated with 3 quick presses of the lock button. it will shut down as soon as you open the door but that hasn't been a deal breaker for me. you can opt for the smart start module for your phone and it will give you the ability to remote start the car with either your fob or your phone. I will tell you that if you do get the smart start module you can also unlock/lock your doors and open your trunk with the phone (it's actually come in handy when my fiancée needed to get into my car and I'm not there) you may see some information about a T harness that says it's compatible with your car, it is NOT. I wasted 30 min trying to install that only to find it is not made for our cars. install time without the T harness side track would have been under an hour at a normal pace. hope this helps!
Very helpful, thanks. I don't think ill be going with the smart start... I'd have to have bluetooth on all the time and my battery doesn't last that long... Note 3.....

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
Best buy installed mine for $220 parts and labor.
$220????????? The module sells for $50 CAD!!!!! Apparently its only 7 wires so labour shouldn't be that much!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-14, 01:41 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Very helpful, thanks. I don't think ill be going with the smart start... I'd have to have bluetooth on all the time and my battery doesn't last that long... Note 3.....

I think u misunderstood the smart start module isnt Bluetooth. . Its over cellular data. Its only on when u use it... now they do have a Bluetooth version but for our cars its not really needed.. as the oem fobs range will exceed the Bluetooths range anyway. .. w smart start u can start your car from ANY distance as long as u have cell service. My sister has done this from Thailand whilst her car was at Newark airport parking lot. the smart start gps has a battery monitor feature which alerts u when your batt is low... simply press the start button an BOOM no dead battery when u come back from a 3week work trip. She says she can't... (WON'T) live without it ...
Old 04-27-14, 01:57 PM
triniexr
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1

I think u misunderstood the smart start module isnt Bluetooth. . Its over cellular data. Its only on when u use it... now they do have a Bluetooth version but for our cars its not really needed.. as the oem fobs range will exceed the Bluetooths range anyway. .. w smart start u can start your car from ANY distance as long as u have cell service. My sister has done this from Thailand whilst her car was at Newark airport parking lot. the smart start gps has a battery monitor feature which alerts u when your batt is low... simply press the start button an BOOM no dead battery when u come back from a 3week work trip. She says she can't... (WON'T) live without it ...
There's a monthly fee associated with that isn't there?
Old 04-27-14, 05:43 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, Monthly fee for the smart start.
Old 04-27-14, 08:25 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Its annual. . Not monthly. . $79yr or $189(3) yr.. they advertise it as monthly to make it sound cheaper..
Old 03-18-16, 03:53 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Thanks for posting my video.... (in the words of Will Smith "my ***** always works sometimes") if range on the oem remote becomes an issue u can add the smart start (part #dsm250) to link it to your smart phone... I was actually in Viper training last night and asked again about the takeover issue... he said it MAYBE available in the next yr.... so, keep the faith.. but he explains the when the module is programmed for takeover a waiver will be acknowledged by the customer so DE I isn't liable it the case of theft.. seeing as the module is tied to the cpu they can pull Vin info to verify ownership. ..

FYI their new smart key is awesome ANY car can now have smart key, keyless via Bluetooth thru your cell phone. . Walk up to the car reach the bt perimeter an the car unlocks. .leave the perimeter the car locks... so older model Lexus owners can now have prox key on their cars..smart key is shipping this week...
Hey guys we are a group of ls460 owners thinking to buy the remote start thing , wanted to know is there still a issue with take over feature or it has been solved , because imagine everytime you start the car you use the Starter motor twice , will reduce its life . And it would be great to have takeover feature
Old 03-18-16, 05:36 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

As far as I know the takeover is not an option. Think it can be be done with the right know how.

I just installed a dball and smart start gps. Works great but I do not always use it so your twice start comment is not a daily thing.

I think its best if someone opens a door or trunk it shuts off. No worries on theft.
Old 03-18-16, 09:14 PM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
As far as I know the takeover is not an option. Think it can be be done with the right know how.

I just installed a dball and smart start gps. Works great but I do not always use it so your twice start comment is not a daily thing.

I think its best if someone opens a door or trunk it shuts off. No worries on theft.
We dont have issue of theft here , if take over was there we would happily order like 10 remote starts , how was the install ? Easy or hard ?
Old 03-19-16, 02:57 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

We dont have issue of theft here
Probably because no one wants to lose their hands!
Old 03-19-16, 06:35 PM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Probably because no one wants to lose their hands!
Haha , not in our place , but neighbouring country yes .

Here crime rate is super super low
Old 03-19-16, 07:18 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by aaauae
We dont have issue of theft here , if take over was there we would happily order like 10 remote starts , how was the install ? Easy or hard ?
The remote start install is easy. Can't say about take over option.