LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Carista App Review - Ability To Change Lexus Personalized Settings

Old 10-31-17, 09:38 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by williakz
Current Values emailed to [EDITED] support@caristaapp.com. (also attached below)
Debug Data collected and report sent to you from within Carista Android app.

Please feel free to PM or email me for any personal or sensitive info we need to exchange. I would ask that all non-sensitive info be placed here in this thread so others may see what the Carista app can do, what its limitations are, and how the Carista organization handles user issues in general and mine in particular. Thanks for your help.
Thank you for the PDF, williakz, and a thank you to OP too. I just purchased the recommended BAF Bluetooth OBD2 scanner and Carista app. Pretty nifty tool and easy to use. Scanning for customizations and diagnostic codes is a little slow since I'm impatient.

I suppose I should have read the PDF list more carefully. I was hoping to enable the exterior and interior lights as I approach the car, but I see that customization is only availabl for the Smart Key, which we do not have because we purchased our 2013 LS used from a private party. So there is no way to turn the lights on as you approach the car with the keyless remote?
Old 11-01-17, 04:48 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Thank you for the PDF, williakz, and a thank you to OP too. I just purchased the recommended BAF Bluetooth OBD2 scanner and Carista app. Pretty nifty tool and easy to use. Scanning for customizations and diagnostic codes is a little slow since I'm impatient.

I suppose I should have read the PDF list more carefully. I was hoping to enable the exterior and interior lights as I approach the car, but I see that customization is only availabl for the Smart Key, which we do not have because we purchased our 2013 LS used from a private party. So there is no way to turn the lights on as you approach the car with the keyless remote?
I'm not sure there's a way to turn on the exterior lights as you approach the car (I might be wrong since I have an '07), but the interior lights turning on when you approach the car should be enabled by default. The keyless remote is a "smart key" already so you don't need anything else special.
Old 11-01-17, 06:40 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by enoch861
I'm not sure there's a way to turn on the exterior lights as you approach the car (I might be wrong since I have an '07), but the interior lights turning on when you approach the car should be enabled by default. The keyless remote is a "smart key" already so you don't need anything else special.
Thank you, enoch. I thought it meant the Smart credit card thing. None of my lights come on as I approach the car. If I unlock the car by remote or place my hand on the door handle then lights come on, but not as I approach the car which I would really like it to do.
Old 11-01-17, 01:43 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

The puddle lights on my side mirrors will illuminate some of the time when I approach, but it's not always. Not sure if there is a specific setting related to this but I'd be interested to know if someone finds it.
Old 11-01-17, 09:50 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by 213374U
The puddle lights on my side mirrors will illuminate some of the time when I approach, but it's not always. Not sure if there is a specific setting related to this but I'd be interested to know if someone finds it.
Okay, so it seems the car does turn on the side mirror foot lights and interior lights as I approach the car, but the interior lights are very dim even when I tested this in a completely dark garage. The side mirror foot lights are bright. However, I had to get pretty close to the car before the lights turned on. I don't believe the remote is low on battery but I had to be practically a foot away from the car to trigger lights. At this distance I would have just grabbed onto the door handle and trigger all the lights to come on. I thought the car would greet me as I approached from 20 feet away without having to remove the remote from my pocket. Alas, that is not how it works...at least not for me.
Old 11-02-17, 01:31 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I believe you can adjust which lights come on and the brightness when you approach the car.
Old 11-02-17, 05:29 AM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Okay, so it seems the car does turn on the side mirror foot lights and interior lights as I approach the car, but the interior lights are very dim even when I tested this in a completely dark garage. The side mirror foot lights are bright. However, I had to get pretty close to the car before the lights turned on. I don't believe the remote is low on battery but I had to be practically a foot away from the car to trigger lights. At this distance I would have just grabbed onto the door handle and trigger all the lights to come on. I thought the car would greet me as I approached from 20 feet away without having to remove the remote from my pocket. Alas, that is not how it works...at least not for me.
Mine come on at full brightness, so it's weird that yours are dim. I'll have to look in Carista and see if there's any option for brightness adjustment. But yes, you do have to be within a foot or two for the feature to work.. I wish it worked from 20 feet away (actually 10 feet would be better), but that would also mean someone can unlock your car as long as you're within 20 feet of it. Also I'm pretty sure they'd be some consequences with the FCC and keyfob battery performance would likely suffer not to mention your car battery dying quicker as well.
Old 11-02-17, 10:03 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by enoch861
Mine come on at full brightness, so it's weird that yours are dim. I'll have to look in Carista and see if there's any option for brightness adjustment. But yes, you do have to be within a foot or two for the feature to work.. I wish it worked from 20 feet away (actually 10 feet would be better), but that would also mean someone can unlock your car as long as you're within 20 feet of it. Also I'm pretty sure they'd be some consequences with the FCC and keyfob battery performance would likely suffer not to mention your car battery dying quicker as well.
That is a good point, Enoch, about the power consumption. My interior lights seem dim on "approach" but are nice and bright once I touch the door handle or open the door. I do have it set to be brightest when first entering the car and then dim, so maybe I have to turn off that setting to get full brightness all the time. I will do some tests this weekend.
Old 06-26-19, 04:09 PM
jkittlesen
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Anything new, just ordered.
Old 08-29-20, 04:31 AM
DJSAM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear All,

Can some one help me out what is the feature of lane Change Signal Flashes in LEXUS LS460L Model 2010 i am not able to understand that and also its mode is on and set to 7 Flashes but it seems not be working how does it operates and what is the function of this feature.

can you please update me on this one.

Many Thanks,
SAM
Old 08-29-20, 05:11 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hi Sam,

This feature is clearly explained on page 178 of your owners manual, and the number of flashes can be adjusted from 0-11 in Vehicle Customization Settings using the Nav screen (page 778). As the name indicates, you can use this mode to change lanes (involving only a slight turn of steering wheel) rather than activating the turn signal that will only turn off after a much larger rotation of the steering wheel.

page 178

page 778

Last edited by comotiger; 08-29-20 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-29-20, 07:44 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Sam, in case the instructions don't make it clear, the turn signal stalk has a "half" position. The feature is common in several new mainstream cars, such as an Accord, but the LS was the first time I experienced it.

Sit in your LS while parked and play with the signal stalk until you're used to that half-step position. Don't fully activate the turn signal like normal. Instead, give it a nudge and you'll get a feel for that half-step position and then notice how the blinker will deactivate on its own after the set number of flashed, whether you move the wheel or not. Enjoy a great car!