LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Power Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-14, 09:34 AM
Sbfielding
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Trunk

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to reset the power trunk lid on a 2007 LS460. I disconnected the wiring harness to remove the deck lid, to repair and paint a scratch. And now the power lift will not work? I hit the button on the trunk and in the car, and it just beeps... Any ideas? I really don't want to take it to the dealer...

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated
Old 04-01-14, 09:59 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
Try to reset the trunk safety button (for valet parking) in the glove compartment first

You may also try to disconnect the battery...wait 30 seconds and re-connect... then try with the remote if it works...

If You have removed the deck lid..something can also be jammed in there...have You tried to open the trunk lid with the key ??

You may if none of this work..read here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...procedure.html

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 04-01-14 at 10:12 AM. Reason: incerted picture
Old 04-01-14, 10:53 AM
Mitty
Rookie

I have a somewhat related question....

I know that I can open the trunk with the key fob, the dash button in the car, and from the trunk lid.

But to shut the trunk I can only use the button in the trunk lild or manually close it.

Why can't I shut the trunk with the key fob or the dash? Is it just a safety thing?
Old 04-01-14, 11:04 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

To Mitty...

I have the same thing on my LS600hL...my son tells me that it a safety issue and it can only be locked
with the trunk deck's button :-(

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 04-01-14 at 12:00 PM. Reason: did not read the owners setting good enough..and deleted those ...my son knows everything though :-)
Old 04-01-14, 11:09 AM
Mitty
Rookie

That's all about opening the trunk, which works as I have described above, and I am totally happy with my 3 current options on how to OPEN the truck.

However, I would like to CLOSE the trunk with the dash button, which I currently can not do. And I wouldn't mind being able to close the trunk with the key fob, but that's much less important to me
Old 04-01-14, 11:13 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, would be nice to be able to close it from the dashbutton and/or the remote key fob. Guess it's a safety thing... well we can't have everything I guess
Old 04-01-14, 11:20 AM
Mitty
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Yeah, would be nice to be able to close it from the dashbutton and/or the remote key fob. Guess it's a safety thing... well we can't have everything I guess
The reason this came up, was when I first got the car I was dropping of my daughter close to the door in the rain. She had her gym bag in the truck, which I popped open for her from the dash button. She jumps out, grabs her bag, and then runs into the gym...thinking I can just close the trunk myself (like I can in my wife's Yukon). Well, I am sitting there pushing the dash button over and over and nothing, and then have to get out in the rain and manually close it.

Seems like a silly safety thing if you have a beep (which it does) and a retreat to open if it hits some resistant. My wife's Yukon has a much larger "trunk" if you will and you can close it every way you can open it.

Her Yukon also has a great remote starter too, where the vehicle automatically turns on heat and seat heaters, or AC if needed, and you don't have to shut the vehicle off to enter...but that's a topic for another thread.
Old 04-01-14, 01:12 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

2010 RX350 opens and closes from the Key Fob.

You have to hold the button for about 2-3 seconds.
Old 04-01-14, 01:14 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a great point as one day my girlfriend was getting stalked by this cat. The cat followed her home, meowing and clawing on her door, I'm serious, so she bailed out the front door and it chased her up to her car, wasn't a lexus but she popped the trunk from the inside and called me to come close the cat in the trunk asit was starting to claw through it to get to her, totally weird, long story short, cat went for a ride, still clawing and meowing, was crazy, trunk was all tore up, cat was unharmed but now resides in a new neighborhood lol.
Old 04-01-14, 03:29 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

On some models, it's a configurable option to open/close the trunk from the remote. My guess is that the LS actually wouldn't support the setting to close the trunk from the remote, but it might be worth trying. It most likely DOES support adjusting the type of click on the remote to open the trunk (single click vs. double click vs. long press).

You can check what configurable settings (Lexus Personalized Settings) are available on your specific car using the Carista OBD2 app for Android. It's free to just check what's available and what the current values are; you have to buy the $9.99 Pro Package if you want to actually change settings. No need to go to the dealer
Old 04-01-14, 03:43 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shrikelex
That's a great point as one day my girlfriend was getting stalked by this cat. The cat followed her home, meowing and clawing on her door, I'm serious, so she bailed out the front door and it chased her up to her car, wasn't a lexus but she popped the trunk from the inside and called me to come close the cat in the trunk asit was starting to claw through it to get to her, totally weird, long story short, cat went for a ride, still clawing and meowing, was crazy, trunk was all tore up, cat was unharmed but now resides in a new neighborhood lol.
I just love an intriguing story which has a happy ending.