LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

22" staggered fans..305/25/22 size tire info inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-13, 07:56 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by LXurious
I think I was one of the earlier members to put it on at least that I have seen and after 8 months no issues what so ever they fit perfectly on air not lowered I get no rubs with full passengers tread on the Toyo's has held up though Ive only driven 3,500 miles. We'll see how these do
I have heard nothing but good things about the Toyo Proxes 4, but nobody I talked to either online or locally had Toyo Proxes 4 in the 255/305 sizes that were not 4 or 5 years old already sitting in warehouses, especially the 255 size. The 305s were available via special order but best price I got on that setup was over $1K
Old 07-31-13, 07:59 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by AznRacer
I'm glad to see you guys are happy with those delinte tires. Because i tried a set of 265/30 and it was nightmare for me. I couldn't get it to balance, it vibrates at all speed, and it wouldn't hold out on rainy roads.
Any chance you may have had a blem or defective tire? I have had Goodyear, Michelin and others and once in a while I will get a bad tire out the gate..did they try other tires or attempt to replace?
Old 07-31-13, 09:20 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Any chance you may have had a blem or defective tire? I have had Goodyear, Michelin and others and once in a while I will get a bad tire out the gate..did they try other tires or attempt to replace?
It must've been bad batch because after I replace them with yokohama theyre fine now.
Old 07-31-13, 11:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

305 with no rubbing. I am running 295 Michelins and have rubbing in the rear right even at stock height. I also had minor rubbing even with the Pirellis. Not sure how you can get that thing to fit. Are you still on the VOSSENs or did you change the wheels up
Old 08-01-13, 04:20 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
305 with no rubbing. I am running 295 Michelins and have rubbing in the rear right even at stock height. I also had minor rubbing even with the Pirellis. Not sure how you can get that thing to fit. Are you still on the VOSSENs or did you change the wheels up
I see someone is busy with the kids again and not reading through the posts in this thread lololol

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 08-01-13, 07:01 AM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you're running 305 rear? curious on how an AWD would perform with the 305 rear.
Yeah, I got my set for close to the price of Jitty. I decided to try it out and love how wide the 305 is in the rear.
Old 08-01-13, 01:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I see someone is busy with the kids again and not reading through the posts in this thread lololol

dude you got me again CJITTY with memorey like your you should have gone to medical school I read these threads but don't memorize and for get since I am on a few forums. Sorry buddy. Hope you are well my brother.

Still not sure but I am assuming you needed to shave the fender a bit.
Old 08-01-13, 01:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

when you and LXurious say that there is no rubbing with air suspension is that because you guys can ride a bit high for added comfort and clearance with the air set up??
Old 08-01-13, 05:03 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
when you and LXurious say that there is no rubbing with air suspension is that because you guys can ride a bit high for added comfort and clearance with the air set up??
Lolol..I was referring to my post above where Kofie had these and limited rubbing. I will know tomorrow when the new tires and shoes go on but with factory air susp and the data systems lowering controller. .we have a lot of options for that

Old 08-02-13, 01:31 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

@CJITTY is there a way to tell on the wheels when the wheels were made? Because I honestly never thought about that when I ordered the rims and tires. What should I be worried about if they are? Im pretty sure they arent but rather be safe than sorry especially with no spare now.

And to I8ABMR The air suspension on the LS adjusts itself based on numerous variable including passengers and how close the wheel is to rubbing so it allows the car to drive without rubbing as long as stock offsets are being used. With height high my wheel gap looks horrible like a DONK!
Old 10-24-15, 04:37 AM
CJITTY

Updating this thread with new details. I am going to pull back my recommendation on these Delinte 305/25/22 size. I have had 3 failures in the past year. Basically sidewall bubbles and one near tread separation. BF Goodrich is coming out with this size soon which has a 45k mile warranty and Toyo Proxes 4 are also available. As far as Delinte 305 rears. .they are good for local in town driving but after seeing a friend of mine have a blowout on one of his 305s recently combined with my recent issues..I'm done and won't travel long distance on those rears. My front Delinte 255/30/22 tires have never been an issue
Old 10-24-15, 03:23 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Updating this thread with new details. I am going to pull back my recommendation on these Delinte 305/25/22 size. I have had 3 failures in the past year. Basically sidewall bubbles and one near tread separation. BF Goodrich is coming out with this size soon which has a 45k mile warranty and Toyo Proxes 4 are also available. As far as Delinte 305 rears. .they are good for local in town driving but after seeing a friend of mine have a blowout on one of his 305s recently combined with my recent issues..I'm done and won't travel long distance on those rears. My front Delinte 255/30/22 tires have never been an issue
Do you think its the 25 series that is the problem considering that the 30 series you run up front has not had issues, or a brand issue?
Old 10-25-15, 11:58 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Knock on wood but we've been running 245 and 255 stretched tires on the 3 LS's in our crew with no issues. All 21s though with much taller sidewalls. We all were on 22s at one point but have all went to 21s. I think the moment you go to 21s and with a taller sidewalls you'll have less issues in general. I'd also stay away from the off brand China tires. Those are the ones I've had problems with in the past.
Old 10-27-15, 10:35 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by is150
Do you think its the 25 series that is the problem considering that the 30 series you run up front has not had issues, or a brand issue?
It could be but to run staggered properly the 25 aspect ratio required...there is also a ton of weight on those inside edges, especially with the hybrid batteries and rear AC unit which adds some weight so who knows. It could very well be the design of that particular size. My 255s have never been an issue
Old 10-27-15, 10:36 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by lbintab
Knock on wood but we've been running 245 and 255 stretched tires on the 3 LS's in our crew with no issues. All 21s though with much taller sidewalls. We all were on 22s at one point but have all went to 21s. I think the moment you go to 21s and with a taller sidewalls you'll have less issues in general. I'd also stay away from the off brand China tires. Those are the ones I've had problems with in the past.
Yeah buddy..leaning more to 21s these days..limited tire options is the only downfall but the extra sidewall would be nice

Quick Reply: 22" staggered fans..305/25/22 size tire info inside