LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!

Old 03-14-14, 03:52 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks man..yeah I hear ya. Sometimes it's worth having an older Windows laptop laying around for this stuff...just like techstream software which I have also
I bought one with M$ Windows for that reason. A cheap Acer with a slow Windows. OMG, if I would have to work with that all days, I would need a gun after 2 weeks latest. No, not to kill me, kill the PC with pleasure. Hit Start to shut down.

TPMS tool works great for me. After entering the codes, I only have to press summer or winter key on the device while connected via ODB.

However, it is a shame that the most sophisticated car on this planet needs a $100 tool to switch from winter to summer tires.
Old 09-26-14, 06:59 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Okay. I got it set up. Old IDs and New IDs. But after flashing the ECU and driving around for a bit, Check Tire Pressure System comes on with the Triangle and TPMS light. I have a 2007 LS460. Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-15, 09:47 AM
berezleon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though I like to do things myself I just out of curiosity stopped at discounttire yesterday and the guy did the registration within 2 min. No questions asked, no checking if I am their customer or not, no need to wait. Everything works just great. Just my 2 cents )
Old 09-24-15, 10:03 AM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by berezleon
Though I like to do things myself I just out of curiosity stopped at discounttire yesterday and the guy did the registration within 2 min. No questions asked, no checking if I am their customer or not, no need to wait. Everything works just great. Just my 2 cents )
Same here.
I just go to America's tire and they reprogram my TPMS for free.
Just FYI.
Old 09-24-15, 12:15 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by RayLS
Same here.
I just go to America's tire and they reprogram my TPMS for free.
Just FYI.
Same here at Big O Tire near me.
Old 09-24-15, 12:33 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

That is great, but this was mainly for folks who have been robbed by other tire shops for doing the same thing. I love Discount Tire too, but I used to go on a lot of road trips..often decide late on a Saturday night to go and I swap my wheels at the house. So the tool worked good for me. Free is always good, so kudos to you on that. This is an old post, but going forward, if my next Lexus works the same way, I'm just going to order cloned TPMS sensors that are the same as my oem wheels to avoid this issue altogether. I'm ok with paying a little extra in case I can't get them reset by Discount or somewhere else

Originally Posted by berezleon
Old 09-25-15, 01:00 AM
Pistachio
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easiest way now is the Carista app. You can set 2 sets of TPMS on the beta client now. Much easier since you can just do it on your phone and swap it.
Old 10-13-15, 01:20 PM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I bought an ATEQ Quickset, ver 3.02, from a member on this forum in March.
It has the cable, dongle, CD and color User Manual. He assured me it worked fine but I never got around to using it. Just didn't want to dink with it. I keep my off-season mounted wheels/tires at the dealers anyway, so I just let them do the TPMS reset at the same time.

I'd let this go for $100 USPS money order and shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Whit
whitbaby@comcast.net

Wouldn't still be for sale would it? Lol.
Old 10-13-15, 01:21 PM
macjac69
Driver

Originally Posted by Pistachio
Easiest way now is the Carista app. You can set 2 sets of TPMS on the beta client now. Much easier since you can just do it on your phone and swap it.

Where at in the Carista menu?
Old 10-14-15, 03:11 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by macjac69
Where at in the Carista menu?
The TPMS registration functionality in Carista is still being tested. Please feel free to give it a try in our beta version - it's free during testing. Just email us at support@caristaapp.com and we'll get you set up.
Old 10-15-15, 08:42 PM
macjac69
Driver

Originally Posted by Pistachio

I've downloaded the beta version and it has detected 5 TPMS id's but they are only 7 characters long. These are my factory wheels and I've stored them as the MAIN in the app.

My question is can I mount my aftermarket wheels that have the TPMS installed, run the app and save them as the secondary set or will I have to have the new wheel TPMS id to enter manually?
Old 10-16-15, 04:02 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've downloaded the beta version and it has detected 5 TPMS id's but they are only 7 characters long. These are my factory wheels and I've stored them as the MAIN in the app.

My question is can I mount my aftermarket wheels that have the TPMS installed, run the app and save them as the secondary set or will I have to have the new wheel TPMS id to enter manually?
The car will not display the sensor IDs that it detects. You have to type them in manually in the app and save them either as a main or as a secondary set. If you have the IDs of your other set, feel free to try that and let us know if it works.

P.S. Email yourself the current IDs, just to make sure you don't lose them.
Old 10-16-15, 04:53 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
The car will not display the sensor IDs that it detects. You have to type them in manually in the app and save them either as a main or as a secondary set. If you have the IDs of your other set, feel free to try that and let us know if it works.

P.S. Email yourself the current IDs, just to make sure you don't lose them.
I sent you a detailed PM as I didn't wish to hijack This thread.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
Greatly appreciated.
Old 10-16-15, 08:40 AM
macjac69
Driver

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I sent you a detailed PM as I didn't wish to hijack This thread.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
Greatly appreciated.
I did not receive PM. Pls send again.
Old 10-16-15, 09:13 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I did not receive PM. Pls send again.
Oh no, my apologies, it was to the rep for Carista.
But since im receiving no response, and it seems as though you have it, perhaps you could assist.
I'll send the PM your way instead of retyping everything here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!