LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

turn signal wiring changes

Old 01-20-12, 08:44 AM
marylandlp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default turn signal wiring changes

Ii just finished replacing the outside mirrors on my 2007 ls460l with new 2010 mirrors with turn signal indicator lights.The information available for removing the door panels and adding the wires for the new mirrors are fine.However,information on the electrical connection points needed further clarification.Inasmuch as i just completed the project,I thought I could assist ohers in this area.The best place to tap into the turn signal flasher circuit is in the cable tray below the driver side threshold plate.The power wires from the new turn signals should be connected to the green(left mirror) wire and the yellow(right mirror) wire running through the tray,normally on the bottom of the bundle.The correct green and yellow wires have colored rings marked on the wires every two inches.There are many green and yellow wires in the tray,but only two with the rings.I'm a bit color blind but my rings were yellow on the green wire and silver on the yellow wire.To confirm you have the correct wires,you can pierce the insulation on the the wires with a pin and attach a voltmeter to the pin with the other probe going to ground.After setup,activate the turn signal and you will be able to see the voltage fluctuations when the flasher is on.job completed.
Old 01-20-12, 09:58 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice write-up. Many thanks for sharing this important additional info.

Wishing you a most Blessed day - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 06-02-12, 03:47 PM
114dog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're these OEM Lexus mirrors? If so what wire on the mirror harness do you tap into. I'm putting on the left side and the pink wire is the only one that doesnt continue after the conector.
Old 06-03-12, 08:38 AM
marylandlp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 114dog
We're these OEM Lexus mirrors? If so what wire on the mirror harness do you tap into. I'm putting on the left side and the pink wire is the only one that doesnt continue after the conector.
As far as i know,they were oem mirrors.I looked at my notes to give you a better feel for the wiring .The 2007 mirror connector was a 16 pin connector with 14 wires .The 2010 mirror connector was 16 pin connector with 16 wires.The two additional wires on each new mirror were black/yellow and lt.blue.The body connector had only 14 corresponding wires,so i had to connect two additional wires to the extra wires on the mirror.I do have a pink wire going to the mirror connector,but didn't attach any of the new wires to it. sorry
Old 06-04-12, 06:17 AM
114dog
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your response.
Old 03-16-15, 12:41 PM
drueali
Driver School Candidate

Default More info

Originally Posted by marylandlp
Ii just finished replacing the outside mirrors on my 2007 ls460l with new 2010 mirrors with turn signal indicator lights.The information available for removing the door panels and adding the wires for the new mirrors are fine.However,information on the electrical connection points needed further clarification.Inasmuch as i just completed the project,I thought I could assist ohers in this area.The best place to tap into the turn signal flasher circuit is in the cable tray below the driver side threshold plate.The power wires from the new turn signals should be connected to the green(left mirror) wire and the yellow(right mirror) wire running through the tray,normally on the bottom of the bundle.The correct green and yellow wires have colored rings marked on the wires every two inches.There are many green and yellow wires in the tray,but only two with the rings.I'm a bit color blind but my rings were yellow on the green wire and silver on the yellow wire.To confirm you have the correct wires,you can pierce the insulation on the the wires with a pin and attach a voltmeter to the pin with the other probe going to ground.After setup,activate the turn signal and you will be able to see the voltage fluctuations when the flasher is on.job completed.
Do you have to wire the passenger side mirror over to the driver's door side for this to work? Or could you tap into the same wire(yellow with rings) on the passenger side door threshold tray?
Old 03-16-15, 05:21 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by drueali
Do you have to wire the passenger side mirror over to the driver's door side for this to work? Or could you tap into the same wire(yellow with rings) on the passenger side door threshold tray?
Driver's side. I posted a DIY on this and it's in the FAQ section.