LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 LS460L Want New Rims/Tires and Suspension upgrades. Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-12, 08:18 AM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LS460L Want New Rims/Tires and Suspension upgrades. Recommendations?

I just got a 2008 LS 460L Black on Black. I would like to put new Rims and tires. Also would like to lower a little to close any gap with the new wheels. Currently have 22 inch wheels but don't like the look of the rims. Considering 20-22 inch. Also would like to find a good place to do the work and any future work. I would like to find a shop that specializes in Lexus. I would also like any all advice and or recommendations for any mods I can do to improve ride and electronics. Look forward to getting all of your advice and experience on this site!
Old 12-02-12, 04:02 PM
farming
Pole Position

Start off with the ASC680l data system suggest by CJitty as the first mod!!
Old 12-02-12, 04:54 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Have you researched using this LS wheel and tire thread yet? ----》》https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ml#post7609813

Once you read ALL of the posts and you still have questions..we can help you out more here..congrats on the ride
Old 12-02-12, 05:05 PM
CJITTY

Also..my best recommendation for mods is to do some homework. .there are countless threads about mods you can do. The best way to find info is using an advanced Google search using this formula in the Google search box

"clublexus.com ls460 (insert mod you want here)"
Example would be: clublexus.com ls460 body kit

Some proven examples are contained in the various build threads many of us have. My build threads are below in my signature.

Example would be: "clublexus.com ls460 build thread" this will yield at least 5 or more build threads that will keep you busy for hours.

I do this with everyone..so trust me on this. Happy researching!
Old 12-03-12, 09:42 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

for what it's worth - I have a set of 21" wheels I'll have for sale in the classifieds section soon
Old 12-03-12, 04:44 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by farming
Start off with the ASC680l data system suggest by CJitty as the first mod!!
Don't you need the air suspension already installed for that?
Old 12-03-12, 05:33 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Mimms
Don't you need the air suspension already installed for that?
Yes u should have it on your car. Look at the buttons on your center console for your suspension.
Old 12-03-12, 06:24 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Yes u should have it on your car. Look at the buttons on your center console for your suspension.
I do not have it. I am open to any type of aftermarket setup that doesn't sacrifice ride quality.
Old 12-03-12, 06:25 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brianlin87
for what it's worth - I have a set of 21" wheels I'll have for sale in the classifieds section soon
What kind and how was your ride with the 21s?
Old 12-03-12, 06:26 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Also..my best recommendation for mods is to do some homework. .there are countless threads about mods you can do. The best way to find info is using an advanced Google search using this formula in the Google search box

"clublexus.com ls460 (insert mod you want here)"
Example would be: clublexus.com ls460 body kit

Some proven examples are contained in the various build threads many of us have. My build threads are below in my signature.

Example would be: "clublexus.com ls460 build thread" this will yield at least 5 or more build threads that will keep you busy for hours.

I do this with everyone..so trust me on this. Happy researching!
Great info CJ!
Old 12-04-12, 03:49 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by SBlexus
There are quite a few 460Ls without a/s...trust me...I ran into countless numbers during my search this summer..
Old 12-04-12, 03:58 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Eric Mimms
I do not have it. I am open to any type of aftermarket setup that doesn't sacrifice ride quality.
Im on my 2nd LS...my first one was dropped on Tanabe springs. Car still had a nice ride but youbwill have excessive wear on that. Search CJitty Tanabe for an indepth review. I dont believe those are recommended for the LWB model. I think your only options for a non a/s equipped LWB is aftermarket air susp or maybe coilovers. But..I believe you will certainly lose stock comfort with any type of drop. My factory air rides great until I drop below level 4 on my aftermarket data systems controller. Then it tightens up..still good on highway. The 21 and up wheels will also sacrifice ride quality to some degree..less sidewall = less sponge lol. But..the LS on 21 or 22s still is decent for most of us with good roads. FL and AZ people never complain lol
Old 12-04-12, 10:12 AM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Im on my 2nd LS...my first one was dropped on Tanabe springs. Car still had a nice ride but youbwill have excessive wear on that. Search CJitty Tanabe for an indepth review. I dont believe those are recommended for the LWB model. I think your only options for a non a/s equipped LWB is aftermarket air susp or maybe coilovers. But..I believe you will certainly lose stock comfort with any type of drop. My factory air rides great until I drop below level 4 on my aftermarket data systems controller. Then it tightens up..still good on highway. The 21 and up wheels will also sacrifice ride quality to some degree..less sidewall = less sponge lol. But..the LS on 21 or 22s still is decent for most of us with good roads. FL and AZ people never complain lol
CJ thanks for the info. I think I am going to go with the 20 inch Vossen CV7. I will probably do coil overs.
Old 12-04-12, 10:44 AM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI you should test fit if your going with 20s, theres a lot of wheel gap on the sides of the wheels btw the wheel wells so the wheels look very small also depending on the wheel face might make it look even smaller just food for thought
Old 12-04-12, 02:24 PM
CJITTY

Yes, if you go 20s, I would look at the Vossen CV3s, CV4s, CV7s or a similar wheel that features spokes that go up to the edges of the wheel and avoid the lipped wheels. Or the 21" Wald Mahora is a really nice wheel. As you can see in my LS460 build thread below...20s with a lip look smaller than a full spoke wheel would look like in the same size. With a nice drop, an offset around 20-25mm in the front and about 35mm rear, they will sit really nice and close to flush of your fender well. I added a 15mm spacer to my front 22" Vossen wheels taking them from 35mm to a 20mm offset essentially and it sits much better...pics of that before and after in my LS600hL build thread.

Quick Reply: 2008 LS460L Want New Rims/Tires and Suspension upgrades. Recommendations?