LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 06:48 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by SharksCity
Sorry to Hijacked this Thread
Just Purchased a 13 Ls460 Fsport looking to lower the car. Where can i find this combo to work for my car
ASC680L and wired Control type 3 H-087i
Ebay has them but you won't see them advertised like that. You'll have to buy the controller and harness separately and make a deal with the seller because I have never seen a wired controller advertised for a 2010+ LS..even though it works fine. And some sellers don't know you can run the wired controller on a 2010+ LS with the 07 to 09 and 10 to 12 harness because the DataSystems website doesn't show that as an option..at least last I checked. I wasted a few weeks trying to sell my 07 to 09 harness for my 2012 when I could have taken a chance and just installed it. Well my theory proved right as previously mentioned. It would have worked. And I wouldn't be surprised if the so called 10 to 12 version harness I bought is actually a 2007 to 2009 harness lol
Old 03-21-17, 09:34 PM
SharksCity
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reason why you choose ASC over Prestigious Society module. I've been search around the forum. Most running ASC module or aftermarket air suspension.
Old 03-21-17, 11:04 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SharksCity
Any reason why you choose ASC over Prestigious Society module. I've been search around the forum. Most running ASC module or aftermarket air suspension.
because Prestige Society is just an ASC Datasystem controller with English instructions and a few hundred dollar higher price.
Old 03-22-17, 11:18 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good answer...
Old 05-11-17, 02:07 PM
Ingelsgard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can i get one these days?
Old 06-16-17, 07:44 AM
Ingelsgard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again

What option is there today?
Old 06-16-17, 12:05 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Without plowing back through 9 pages, has anyone done any research on how much vertical travel there is between the standard ride height, and HEIGHT HIGH? In inches?

The reason I ask is, I would like to find a setting that is approximately that same amount of travel below the standard ride height. Then, from that lower setting, I could push the HEIGHT HIGH button on the console and it raise my car to the standard ride height, to get the optimal smooth ride. This would be much quicker and easier than fumbling into the glove box for the ASC.

If no one has done it, I was about to (things came up). But I've got some time on Sunday, I think I'll have time to play with it and see what I can come up with...

Jason Oliver
Old 06-16-17, 02:28 PM
SharksCity
Driver School Candidate

Finally showed up after 3 weeks. Any has instruction in English can email to me. Thanks
Old 06-16-17, 02:51 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

For those with the wireless controller, is there a way to mute the beeping when the car is lowered/raised?
Old 06-16-17, 07:03 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Without plowing back through 9 pages, has anyone done any research on how much vertical travel there is between the standard ride height, and HEIGHT HIGH? In inches?

The reason I ask is, I would like to find a setting that is approximately that same amount of travel below the standard ride height. Then, from that lower setting, I could push the HEIGHT HIGH button on the console and it raise my car to the standard ride height, to get the optimal smooth ride. This would be much quicker and easier than fumbling into the glove box for the ASC.

If no one has done it, I was about to (things came up). But I've got some time on Sunday, I think I'll have time to play with it and see what I can come up with...

Jason Oliver
Not sure if that even works that way. Worth trying. Maybe lower to level 5..then hit height high and see where it ends up..all LS's are different. Since getting my new control arms, my normal select oem pass through mode sits higher than before the arms were replaced..not sure why
Old 06-19-17, 10:23 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Since getting my new control arms, my normal select oem pass through mode sits higher than before the arms were replaced..not sure why
Who did your control arms?

It does work that way. I've been on level 3 or 4, and put it into HEIGHT HIGH and get out and look and it looks about like OEM height. I'm just OCD. I want it to be the exact OEM ride height.

I had to replace a starter in my truck on Sunday, got covered in a potpourri of 17 year's worth of oil, diesel, grease and grime. 17.5 years on the original starter. Not bad. I'll tell you one thing ... the bottom of that truck will never rust! After this, my youngest son (the older 2 were away from home) went to a movie. Then I got a headache and didn't get this done.

Won't get it done tonight either, I suspect.

Jason
Old 06-19-17, 10:19 PM
CJITTY

Yup. .it does work incorporating the height high button. Level 5 still is pretty comfortable on good roads. I may move it back to 4. As far as control arms..they were replaced by my 3rd party warranty company. Lexus recommended the aftermarket ones they say are better than oem.
Old 06-23-17, 12:28 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

finally installed the controller. wish I would have bought it sooner. sitting at level 5 all around.
Attached Thumbnails DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread-imag0634.jpg  
Old 06-26-17, 01:34 PM
SharksCity
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know how to sync the wireless module to main module on the ASR681.
Old 06-28-17, 01:30 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Default Measurements made...

But, I'm going to redo the whole thing. Because actually the car should be driven and jounced between height changes (via the ASC).

However, I think my measurements confirmed a couple things.

My measurements were made with a tape measure, from the ground to the junction (above the tire) of the plastic fender liner to the painted fender.
  1. In Normal Select, I believe Lexus has the left side of the vehicle staggered about 3/8" higher (with no passengers) than the right. Because when adding a driver only (maybe 75% of the time or greater) the car would tend to ride completely level.
    • In keeping with that, if I can consistently set the ride height settings, I'm going to keep that L/R height offset. Except for maybe on Super Low ... you know, "show stance."
  2. HEIGHT HIGH is approximately 0.8 inches higher than the standard ride height (which is Normal Select).
  3. At least the ASC that I am using lowers the vehicle completely inconsistently corner-to-corner.
    • Meaning, for example, the LF may be lower than the LR on Level 1, but it may be higher than the LR on Levels 2 & 3. And it may return to lower than the LR on Level 4.
    • This inconsistency as it all 4 corners for all settings, and appears to be completely random.
  4. Level 2 on my ASC is the closest ride height difference from Normal Select, as the standard ride height is to HEIGHT HIGH.
    • Meaning, if I wanted to make it an easy switch between the OEM standard right height, and a lowered position, I would set the ASC for Level 2. And if I wanted it to ride at the stock height, instead of fumbling into the glove box, I could just push the HEIGHT HIGH button.
    • The problem with that would be that the ride heights are inconsistent once the ASC is on any setting other than Normal Select.
    • And even if it were consistent, Level 2 drops on average of 0.977 inches, where HEIGHT HIGH raises about 0.8 inches. Not close enough for my OCD mind.
Last thing. I'm going to list the average suspension changes on all settings. This would be on my ASC unit only. I don't know if the heights were adjusted from the unit's default settings as I bought this unit used.
  • HEIGHT HIGH: +0.797 inches
  • Normal Select: 0 inches
  • Level 1: -0.391 inches
  • Level 2: -0.977 inches
  • Level 3: -1.516 inches
  • Level 4: -1.641 inches
  • Level 5: -3.000 inches

Last edited by Oliver Enterprises; 07-10-17 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread