LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18, 01:12 PM
Mekoz
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hopefully this helps
The following users liked this post:
mk4umha (02-01-18)
Old 02-01-18, 06:52 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatES300
Just buy the ASC680L. I've had both and the wireless doesn't give you as much options.
agreed..the wireless one sucks if you ask me..just needless and more parts to confugure. The wired is the best move and it works for 2007 to 2014 for sure. I assume the 2015 to 2017 as well but i personally have only seen wired in 2007 to 2014.
Old 03-02-18, 06:01 AM
YOYO711
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also in the market for the data systems controller and harness for a 2013 LS460 F Sport.

Do I need to buy? ASC680L
And harness H-087i Where do I get it from I can not find H-087i Need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not see on eBay

Thank you

Last edited by YOYO711; 03-02-18 at 06:51 AM. Reason: 12
Old 03-03-18, 11:54 AM
Mekoz
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can msg a seller on ebay and make an offer. They can get you one since they are selling it out from japn. Thats what i did got both harness and controller for less than what people are selling it on here used.
The following users liked this post:
YOYO711 (03-03-18)
Old 03-03-18, 12:15 PM
YOYO711
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mekoz
You can msg a seller on ebay and make an offer. They can get you one since they are selling it out from japn. Thats what i did got both harness and controller for less than what people are selling it on here used.
Thank you +Rep
Old 03-08-18, 08:18 AM
tyacrzy
Rookie

I'm in the market for a data system for my 2010 ls460l . Just would like to confirm the harness for the 07 fits the 10 . Does any one have a source or seller on ebay that I could contact .
Old 03-08-18, 08:22 AM
tyacrzy
Rookie

Im in the market for a data system for my 2010 ls4160l . I just want to confirm asc680l would work for 2010? Does any one have a ebay vendor that youve bought one from , or have a contact where to buy one .
Old 03-08-18, 07:09 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I have a 2010, using a 07 - 09 harness.
Old 03-09-18, 06:34 PM
Miksu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Data System controller installed yesterday for my -09 LS 460 and still trying to figure and get used to the button placement in the controller. After the install I didnt choose any chassis number or super low mode and just found out that even I have no plans to go slammed I would like to have adjustability at speed. At first start the controller just started as normal without asking me to select anything.

My problem is that every time I lower the car even to level 1 F/R "Height High" light gets on in the instrument cluster when I go above 80km/h (about 50mph) and goes off when the speed goes below 60km/h (37mph)... System looks to be working, but that light is anoying and telling me that there is some problem. Also noticed that front suspension might be reacting much more for the lowering setting than rear atleast according to controllers height display bars.

Thanks CJITTY for this informative thread!

Last edited by Miksu; 03-09-18 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-10-18, 06:04 PM
Miksu
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Tried search and could not find the answer, but is your cars working fine lowered with the controller and without "Height High" light on?
Old 03-12-18, 05:15 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Miksu - I had some problems at one point. No HEIGHT HIGH light but other problems. Riding low on one side, riding with a stiff suspension, like that. I unplugged the unit in the glove box (with the car off), waited a minute or two, plugged it back in and have not had a problem since.
Old 03-13-18, 09:00 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Miksu
"Height High" light gets on in the instrument cluster when I go above 80km/h (about 50mph) and goes off when the speed goes below 60km/h (37mph)
Did you also hook up the wire/connector that goes to the back of the NAV unit?

Your post may have just answered a question I've had regarding mine for a while now....
Old 03-18-18, 05:46 PM
Miksu
Driver School Candidate

I disconnected the controller, but that didnt solve the problem, its working just like before.

Originally Posted by 213374U
Did you also hook up the wire/connector that goes to the back of the NAV unit?

Your post may have just answered a question I've had regarding mine for a while now....
Yes I have that harness connected to the NAV...I thought it wouldnt do any harm, or is it causing some issues with controller?

I also switched to Super Low mode so I can make adjustments on speed and noticed that Height High light comes on immediately when I select lower than stock setting at above 80km/h and goes away immediately when I change back to normal mode. So it looks like it has nothing to do with actual height of the car when that light comes on, because as we all know suspension doesnt react that fast to hight adjustment..
Old 03-19-18, 06:56 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Miksu - Sorry the disconnect didn't work. I'm assuming you disconnected directly from the back of the controller. That did wonders for me the time I was having issues. No problem since. And as I remember, on some occasions, when my air suspension was acting all goofy (due to the ASC), the HEIGHT HIGH light did come on ... at times when I had not pushed the HEIGHT HIGH button, but when the suspension was goofed up. Mine would ride hard as a rock in the rear, ride lower on one side (usually the right), and various strange things. It set other lights on the dash. Finally, I had enough, and pulled into a gas station in downtown Atlanta, about mid night. I remember the gas station was chaotic, it was like some kind of cool car hangout. Anyway, I was embarrassed cause the LS was riding lob-sided and stiff. So I sat there and tried to think of what to do. I disconnected it (as I recall the car was totally OFF), let it sit for about 10 minutes, and reconnected. I also seem to recall before I disconnected it, I put it in L0 or M0, or whatever the mode is called that it does not lower the car, and rides at the OEM height.

I may have also cranked the car up with it disconnected and let it "correct itself." Let me explain that. Before I disconnected, it was acting goofy, so I put it in L0 (no lowering). It still seemed to be goofed up. Then I disconnected, waited a while, and cranked the car. I let it idle a few minutes and took a look around and it seemed like it was sitting like it was supposed too. Then I shut the car back off and reconnected, leaving it in L0 (no lowering). At that point I was just happy it rode normal, and drove on home.

But since that time, subsequent use of the ASC, it has never done anything strange. If you didn't let the car "correct itself" when disconnected, maybe try that. It's worth a try, since it doesn't cost anything but a little time.

Either way, I hope you get this figured out.

Jason Oliver
Old 03-19-18, 01:48 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Miksu
Yes I have that harness connected to the NAV...I thought it wouldnt do any harm, or is it causing some issues with controller?

I also switched to Super Low mode so I can make adjustments on speed and noticed that Height High light comes on immediately when I select lower than stock setting at above 80km/h and goes away immediately when I change back to normal mode. So it looks like it has nothing to do with actual height of the car when that light comes on, because as we all know suspension doesnt react that fast to hight adjustment..
I asked for a few reasons.

First, the LS460 with air suspension automatically lowers itself with sustained speed above a certain threshold, and raises itself when you return to a sustained speed under a certain threshold (65mph and 60mph from my own testing). The purpose is for better aerodynamics at cruising speed. The amount it lowers is about the same as it will raise when you press the Height High button, so I use the button if I'm already riding lowered and do not want the car to lower any further at highway speed.

Now, I do not have the connector plugged into the NAV. After more thought, I believed that this connection was intended to activate the Height High mode once speed is achieved so that the car doesn't lower itself further. Essentially automating what I am doing manually above. Your post may have just confirmed this for me so I'm going to take the time to hook up that connector and see what I get.

Will post back with what I find

Quick Reply: DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread