LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VSC System

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-15, 07:04 PM
jasheed32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Did your car turn over slow when u tried to crank it?
I had the same issue. I took my foot off the brake to soon while starting my vehicle and all of the vsc lights came on. I restarted my vehicle 3 times and all the lights cleared themselves. Doesn't seem serious seems to be a computer glitch.

Last edited by jasheed32; 04-26-15 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 02:28 AM
xtcfor2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem

my car did all of the same things and it was the battery beyond a shadow of a doubt
Old 03-03-17, 05:20 PM
GaborL
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing just happened to me on an LS460L that I just bought a few days ago... Oh yeah, I freaked out. But knowing how much I know about these cars, I knew it wasn't serious, since I didn't lose power, steering or braking. Went home, pulled the battery for a few minutes, hooked it back up, started just fine, no lights. My best guess is that it IS indeed a glitch and the fact that these cars are sensitive AF. My advice, if you're worried about it and don't mind a few bucks, have the dealer or a shop read the codes, do your research on the codes on the inter webs and check it out yourself.

With mine, I like to mod my intakes a little bit. I installed K&N drop-in filters a few days ago, reset the ECM and drove it. Today, I took the upper intake box cover and broke the other factory filters out of them with a knife. I do it to all my cars, I like the low-end response and the nice gargle sound from the V8's, so I'm guessing the drop in resistance in air flow threw off the throttle position sensor, or the a/f ratio sensor or something, and that threw the codes for the VSC, CEL, and all that.
The following users liked this post:
diamente (06-08-18)
Old 03-04-17, 07:24 AM
Lynzoid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

MODERATOR EDIT: lynzoid exit this thread. No need for rude personal commentary on our community
Even if...? Ok, nevermind. I guess you love 'blind puppies in a bag' act

Last edited by Lynzoid; 03-06-17 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-04-17, 05:14 PM
dgmorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anytime the CEL comes on in my 4Runner, the VSC and TRAC lights will come on and become disabled. Not sure why it was designed this way. Haven't had this in the LS, but it may be the same thing. Read the code(s) to get more clues, otherwise you're just swinging in blind folded.
Old 04-22-17, 08:16 AM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2007 LS 460's front wheels shaking when I step on the brake pedal at high speed to slow down.
Also, yesterday, the VSC light came on when I started the engine.
Any idea?

Speed sensor in the 1 of the front wheel gone bad?
Gas cap defect?
Do I need wheel alignment?

Appreciate any advice.
Old 04-22-17, 06:33 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by duken52
My 2007 LS 460's front wheels shaking when I step on the brake pedal at high speed to slow down.
Also, yesterday, the VSC light came on when I started the engine.
Any idea?

Speed sensor in the 1 of the front wheel gone bad?
Gas cap defect?
Do I need wheel alignment?

Appreciate any advice.
Normally one would automatically assume that a rotor is warped, (and it's a common issue on LS's). If this came on suddenly however, I would suspect something else.
Old 04-24-17, 04:42 AM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Thanks very much!
Old 04-25-17, 08:11 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

My mechanic replaced both front lower arms and machined the rotors. Cost me $600.
Problem went away. No VSC light....no more shaking when braking...
Does the car need alignment?
There's a shop that doing laser light alignment for approx $100.
Sounds reasonable?
Old 04-26-17, 07:40 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

My mechanic replaced both front lower arms and machined the rotors. Cost me $600.
Sounds reasonable?
I'm surprised the shop you dealt with didn't do an alignment as part of the service. That is the norm, but perhaps they found everything within spec and didn't need it? I would run it by them.
Old 04-26-17, 09:57 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds reasonable?

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I'm surprised the shop you dealt with didn't do an alignment as part of the service. That is the norm, but perhaps they found everything within spec and didn't need it? I would run it by them.
when I recently had my control arms replaced at the dealer, an alignment was included as part of the standard repair. I'd expect an independent mechanic to do the same, and I'd confirm that was the case.
Old 06-08-18, 09:26 AM
diamente
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GaborL
Same thing just happened to me on an LS460L that I just bought a few days ago... Oh yeah, I freaked out. But knowing how much I know about these cars, I knew it wasn't serious, since I didn't lose power, steering or braking. Went home, pulled the battery for a few minutes, hooked it back up, started just fine, no lights. My best guess is that it IS indeed a glitch and the fact that these cars are sensitive AF. My advice, if you're worried about it and don't mind a few bucks, have the dealer or a shop read the codes, do your research on the codes on the inter webs and check it out yourself.

With mine, I like to mod my intakes a little bit. I installed K&N drop-in filters a few days ago, reset the ECM and drove it. Today, I took the upper intake box cover and broke the other factory filters out of them with a knife. I do it to all my cars, I like the low-end response and the nice gargle sound from the V8's, so I'm guessing the drop in resistance in air flow threw off the throttle position sensor, or the a/f ratio sensor or something, and that threw the codes for the VSC, CEL, and all that.
I might be detracting from the thread a little.

That could be my next mod: removing factor filters out of the intake box covers. I returned K&N air filters back to ebay. 2 K&N filters cost me $100 or so. Regular filter Fram CA10677 at Rockauto is about $8.35. Walmart is 1.6x more at $13.54. It will be at least 4 years for me to be even with K&N filters. I read conventional filters are better at filtering out dusts. I do have K&N cabin air filter but I didnt' spray any oil on it. I don't know natural oil to spay on it. I dont' want chemicals.
The following users liked this post:
shtorm (05-04-20)