LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The Prestigious Society Nav and Video Enhancement Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 04:57 AM
jsingh13
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Prestigious Society Nav and Video Enhancement Module

Hey guys, im trying to install a new The Prestigious Society "plug and play" Navigation and Video Enhancement Module for my 2007 LS 460 and i was just curious about the installation before i go ahead submit my order.

I have heard good reviews about it so i wanted to buy it but can you please help me with the installation?
Is there a thread with pics of LS 460 installing that module.

THanks

Jay
Old 08-07-12, 10:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

don't recall thread with installation pics. but pretty much you need to get to the back of the navigation screen. to do that you need to pop out some panels, take out shift plate, and then the radio unit.

their modules come with instruction and pics, should be very clear. i know a lot of people install the unit themselves. just tke your time
Old 08-08-12, 06:23 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Prestigious modules do come with instructions. It is very easy to install, just be careful and you will be good. If I can remember correctly, there are only 6 screws to remove total. Just make sure you do drop the screws, otherwise it might be difficult to find it. I recommend putting down and small towel underneath the Nav unit when removing the screws, that way you don't have to search for the screw later if you drop it, it will be on the towel. Good Luck with the install.
Old 08-08-12, 10:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yes, 6 bolts. 2 10mm for shift plate, 2 10mm for radio, 2 8mm for navigation unit
Old 08-08-12, 05:28 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have it, installed myself, easy. It has been working for 3 years now, no issues. I wonder if I should remove it when I decide to sell my car (some day) or just sell it with it plus a disclaimer. How much are those nowadays?
Old 08-09-12, 05:47 PM
jsingh13
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Alot guys.. and theyre going gor $299
Old 08-13-12, 08:08 AM
NobleSpine
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone who can install this for me in Virginia or DC metro area

I would love to get this but not confident of doing it myself, does anyone know a professional installer who can install this for me?
Old 08-13-12, 10:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

with the instruction, i would say most high end audio shop should be able to get it done in an hour
Old 08-13-12, 12:55 PM
NobleSpine
Rookie

I got a name and number from PS guys, Hurley's auto audio in McLean, VA. I called them for a quote and they want $300, claiming to be a 3 hour job.
Old 08-15-12, 09:33 PM
Gadgeguy
Driver School Candidate

I actually purchased the Beat-Sonic DVD bypass for $125, which I believe does the exact same thing, but the switch doesn't look as fancy. I installed it myself and it works great! I've had it for about 3 months now. The down side to Beat-Sonic is that the instructions aren't very clear as you would get with the Prestige Society one, but the equipment works just the same. I have to admit that I did mess up the first time and have to replace the lower radio face, which costed me $800, but that's because I was taking apart the wrong thing (again, instructions weren't very clear). However, I got the guts to try again after the radio was fixed and it was pretty easy the second time around. I got everything working, put back in the right place and have been happy ever since. I like my car much better now that I have it. Road trips are a lot more fun when you can watch music videos or movies on long trips. Good luck.
Old 08-16-12, 07:00 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgeguy
I actually purchased the Beat-Sonic DVD bypass for $125, which I believe does the exact same thing, but the switch doesn't look as fancy. I installed it myself and it works great! I've had it for about 3 months now. The down side to Beat-Sonic is that the instructions aren't very clear as you would get with the Prestige Society one, but the equipment works just the same. I have to admit that I did mess up the first time and have to replace the lower radio face, which costed me $800, but that's because I was taking apart the wrong thing (again, instructions weren't very clear). However, I got the guts to try again after the radio was fixed and it was pretty easy the second time around. I got everything working, put back in the right place and have been happy ever since. I like my car much better now that I have it. Road trips are a lot more fun when you can watch music videos or movies on long trips. Good luck.
Any pics of the switch?
Old 08-16-12, 10:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by phins2rt
Any pics of the switch?
here was my review with some pics

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ghlight=review
Old 08-16-12, 03:29 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
Cool. Thanks.
Old 08-16-12, 06:58 PM
iceburg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NobleSpine
I got a name and number from PS guys, Hurley's auto audio in McLean, VA. I called them for a quote and they want $300, claiming to be a 3 hour job.
I live in the same area and had Hurley's install it in my LS about two years ago. I think they charged me $300 as well. Works great. I don't have the know-how or the comfort to do it myself, and it was easy to leave the car with them for the day. The owner's a little gruff, but they did good work.
Old 08-16-12, 11:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have the PS kit and I am very happy with it. I would highly recommend the PS kit over the beatsonic kit for the better built unit protection as well as the ability to cleanly integrate the button into the interior without look cheap

Quick Reply: The Prestigious Society Nav and Video Enhancement Module