LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lowered LS460s. How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-12, 09:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Question Lowered LS460s. How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires

I was just curious as to how many miles members with dropped LS460 are getting out of a set of tires. I know most are dropped on staggered 22's. With the added weight of the car and the lack of rotation how far can you stretch a set of tires. Please share the mileage and brand. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Lowered LS460s. How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires-img_1890.jpg  
Old 07-20-12, 11:27 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20k out of my rears. flipped them once
5-8k out of my fronts if im lucky.
Old 07-21-12, 02:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

5-8K in the front !?!?!?!?!? DAAAAMMMMMNNN!!!! Thats a new low. The worst I heard before was 8-10k.
Old 07-21-12, 03:03 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

When I got my INVOs I only got 5K miles out of them. Was very disappointed. When to my buddies recently opened wheel shop and he swore on a tire named Atturo. Besides them being cheap, he gave me a great price on them. Im on 12K with them and are showing very low signs of wear.
Old 07-21-12, 03:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Im not dropped but have been thinking of doing it even though the camber arm thing looks bleak. I was thinking of trying the INVOs if Im not dropped for the next set. I will look into the Atturo tire. I have never heard of them
Old 07-22-12, 01:02 PM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

i have tried every stinking brand of tires that will work with 22" rims....they all get me around 8-10K miles....continental dws seems to give the smoothest ride tho if that helps!....also falkens look the best with Wald rims as the edge is more flushed to the rims but rides harsher....can't rotate due to staggered and sometimes asymmetical tread.
Old 07-22-12, 02:15 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 9 thousand miles on my Continentals right now and the rear is show allot more wear than the fronts. Still should be good for another 10k though which is fine with me!

I get compliments on a daily basis and love it!
Old 07-22-12, 02:41 PM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only have a few hundred miles on mine so far but I'm loving it. Continental DWS 245/30/22 & 295/25/22, Hopefully more than 8k, that's scary, I8abmr your ride is very nice, DROP IT! I promise you will love it

Lowered LS460s. How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires-dsc_0244.jpg
Old 07-22-12, 03:46 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruh, are you going to drop it or not? You've been on here awhile commenting on doing it or not. Put your money where your mouth is and make a decision and move on. A drop will change your ride comfort a little, and you may go through tires faster. You already know these things. I don't think there's anything new that someone will be able to tell you about lowering your car that you haven't heard.
Old 07-22-12, 05:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by OSU
Bruh, are you going to drop it or not? You've been on here awhile commenting on doing it or not. Put your money where your mouth is and make a decision and move on. A drop will change your ride comfort a little, and you may go through tires faster. You already know these things. I don't think there's anything new that someone will be able to tell you about lowering your car that you haven't heard.
This thread was set up to help me make a decision since the camber arm attempt is a no go. At 5-10k for the front it's a no go. My car still looks amazing as is and at least I will get 20-22k realistically . My GS was dropped to max on Tein CST and my G35 was also dropped aggressively . Even with those cars I would get at least 12-19k. They also weighed 600-1100 lbs less than my LS. I know what a dropped car entails but I have never dropped a 4500 lb luxury car. So what are you dropped on??

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-22-12 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-22-12, 06:05 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about an inch to an inch and a half drop on Megan coilovers. Don't drive my car much so I couldn't tell you about the tread life of my Toyo's at this point. I'm also on 24 inch Forgiato concavo so it wouldn't be a good comparison. When I had my Vossen 82s I was on Tein springs and 22s. Never had a real issue with tire wear then. It sounds like you were trying to convince yourself on something that you really never wanted to do in the first place.
Old 07-22-12, 06:37 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@I8ABMR I agree wholeheartedly with OSU! I've been on the forum for over a year now and you always talking about whether to lower your car or not. Anyone can easily do a search on the HUGE AMOUNTS of posting and comments you've left in this forum (15k+) . Man drop the shhh and stop BS'ing! Damn son! No offense either but it just a great observation sir. Smile.... hahhahaha
Old 07-22-12, 07:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

already made up my mid. Like I said, I know about the bad tire wear but I never saw anyone post specific numbers to get an idea of how bad or good the car was in terms of tire wear. Now that we actually have some solid numbers I know there is no way in hell the trade off is worth it my book. Thanks for the info. So many people with the dropped LS on this forum use them as weekend cars, have them stored for the winter,etc, and although tire wear was discussed I could never get any good numbers. Thanks everyone for the input . I am getting off the pot. LMAO
Old 07-23-12, 10:10 AM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OSU
I have about an inch to an inch and a half drop on Megan coilovers. Don't drive my car much so I couldn't tell you about the tread life of my Toyo's at this point. I'm also on 24 inch Forgiato concavo so it wouldn't be a good comparison. When I had my Vossen 82s I was on Tein springs and 22s. Never had a real issue with tire wear then. It sounds like you were trying to convince yourself on something that you really never wanted to do in the first place.
hey now! i thought about getting the megan coilovers as the tanabe springs i have installed just doesn't seem to work right with the camber issues i've been having....did you get your alignment done after installing the coilovers? if so, is it 'spot on"? or do you have other issues you've run into?? TIA
Old 07-23-12, 11:10 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Im dropped on Tanabes and i have about 2 degrees of camber and my toe is within spec. tire wear shouldnt be all too bad. The car weighs alot and regardless if you're dropped or not if you have tires on the car that aren't rated for the weight of the car you're gonna run through them.

Quick Reply: Lowered LS460s. How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires